News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Favorite: New For 2017

Started by Patrx, October 12, 2016, 04:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viergacht

The arms on the vinyl one look like it's got some chimp DNA in there.

SBell

How am I just noticing the new pictures now?

I really only need mystery osteoglossomorph (maybe unique polypterid? There were several at the time...maybe they didn't all have the finlets? Not gonna happen though).

But honestly, if this is a desktop model, I can live without it. If it's some sort of fancy soft model with a base, then perhaps I can find someone that just needs a dinosaur.

Halichoeres

Quote from: SBell on December 07, 2016, 09:59:39 PM

I really only need mystery osteoglossomorph (maybe unique polypterid? There were several at the time...maybe they didn't all have the finlets? Not gonna happen though).

But honestly, if this is a desktop model, I can live without it. If it's some sort of fancy soft model with a base, then perhaps I can find someone that just needs a dinosaur.

I think I misled! The one with the fish is a one-off model, as far as I can tell. Favorite hasn't released a color image of the soft model, as far as I know, and they haven't given any indication that it will include a fish.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

tanystropheus

Quote from: Viergacht on December 07, 2016, 05:38:01 PM
The arms on the vinyl one look like it's got some chimp DNA in there.

It's that chaos effect  ;)

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 08, 2016, 12:31:22 AM
Quote from: SBell on December 07, 2016, 09:59:39 PM

I think I misled! The one with the fish is a one-off model, as far as I can tell. Favorite hasn't released a color image of the soft model, as far as I know, and they haven't given any indication that it will include a fish.

And I am now no longer in need of the model then.

Seeing as a Heterotis model exists anyway!As do several Arapaima.

RobinGoodfellow

First pictures of the 2017 Spinosaurus in color ( from FB ):

EmperorDinobot

Jose S.M.

sauroid

is it the same scale as the older Favorite Spino?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

BlueKrono

Is one black and one green, or is that just the lighting?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

RobinGoodfellow

(About scale and colors)
I found the pictures on the Facebook Favorite page.
Araki said that it's a prototype and he's working on the figure's stand.
The text is in japanese and it's quite hard to understand even with Google translator so I can't say more than this....

Halichoeres

Quote from: BlueKrono on January 11, 2017, 02:02:09 PM
Is one black and one green, or is that just the lighting?

I think it's the lighting. On my display they just look to be different shades of green.

Quote from: sauroid on January 11, 2017, 01:54:07 PM
is it the same scale as the older Favorite Spino?

I'd be surprised if it wasn't. They keep the soft models pretty small.

This is possibly the most tasteful color scheme they've given one of their main series theropods.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Flaffy

Looks much better with paint. Though it's a pass for me.

The Atroxious

What a gorgeous Spinosaurus. The pose is very nice, though the support is a bit much for me. It looks like the poor Spino is being held aloft on a spire of magical water against its will. I can't help but imagine that somewhere, offscreen, Ursula the sea witch is taking out her grievances on the dinosaur.

SBell

Quote from: The Atroxious on January 12, 2017, 06:55:44 AM
What a gorgeous Spinosaurus. The pose is very nice, though the support is a bit much for me. It looks like the poor Spino is being held aloft on a spire of magical water against its will. I can't help but imagine that somewhere, offscreen, Ursula the sea witch is taking out her grievances on the dinosaur.

Prince Eric! Save her!

Seriously though--it's a nice figure. Still wouuld have liked a fish included...!

Daspletodave

I love the color scheme of this model!

terrorchicken

I like it better than the Collecta.  O:-)

MLMjp

I am the only one who is not a fan of the color scheme? It is not terrible but I have seen better....

Halichoeres

tanystropheus

Nice model.

Is it meant to be swimming?

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.