News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Faelrin's Prehistoric Collection: Safari LTD, JW, BotM, and more

Started by Faelrin, October 23, 2016, 12:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

Thanks folks. I really need to get that bookcase next month or so, because at this point I'm pretty much depleted on display space. It might also give me the chance to better arrange things a bit more (loosely) chronologically.

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres For the most part yeah, as its been my go to display since I got that bookcase back in 2018. Though I think the rod hole on the base has gotten loose from doing and undoing the arrangement time and time again, as it takes a little effort to get it to stay up now. It was certainly much more tight when I first got them. Still being in a cramped area gives it something to lean back on if it starts having stability issues with the weight of the raptor on it, after I get it situated.

In case anyone is curious this is what I'm hoping to get my hands on later this year (for non Mattel):

- Favorite Soft Model Diplodocus
- Favorite Cambrian Mini Model set
- REBOR Titanoboa
- REBOR Acrocanthosaurus
- REBOR Deinonychus
- REBOR Gorilla Z
- Bullyland Trilobite (which is being shipped to my friend in Germany)
- Safari Ltd Camarasaurus
- Safari Ltd Edmontosaurus
- Safari Ltd Kronosaurus
- Safari Ltd Stegosaurus
- Maybe the I-Toy Paraceratherium, and maybe the CollectA invertebrates if/when they release.

Things my friend in Germany helped me get (still owe him though. Hopefully I can pay him next week):

- Bullyland Anchitherium
- Bullyland Chalicothere/Claw Animal
- Bullyland Dilophosaurus
- Bullyland Lambeosaurus
- Bullyland Therizinosaurus
- Bullyland Pteranodon/Geosternbergia
- Bullyland Basilisk
- Bullyland Phoenix
- Carnegie Collection Dilong
- Mattel Jurassic World Battle Damage Gasosaurus

Also due to the relatively slow release and distribution issues of the Mattel stuff I typically collect, this has given me the best year to catch up on other brands. Aside from above I'm waiting on this is all I've gotten this year so far (edit: in order of arrivals):

- Kaiyodo Ichthyostega and Acanthostega
- Battat Terra Amargasaurus, Carnotaurus, Ceratosaurus, Cryolophosaurus, and Dacentrurus
-Edit: I can't believe I forgot to mention the Wild Past Protoceratops
- REBOR Ceratosaurus "Savage" and Carnotaurus "Crimson King"
- Carnegie Collection Woolly Mammoth and Bullyland Medusa Jellyfish
- And last but not least, this recent Safari Ltd haul of Daeodon, Dilophosaurus, Deinonychus, Doedicurus, Hyaenodon, Ichthyosaurus, Liopleurodon, Megacerops, Pteranodon, and the Evolution of Man set and the Sunfish

I also forgot to mention earlier that the bulk of this latest haul (such as the mammals, but also the Liopleurodon) was inspired after watching the Walking with series docs again on Curiosity Stream (particularly Beasts). Perhaps by the end of the year I will be mostly done collecting the Cenozoic species on my wishlist that have figures (hopefully leaving just Eofauna's, CollectA's, Southlands, and a few of the Safari Ltd and Kaiyodo ones if I don't get them later this year).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Faelrin

I did a minor rearrangement of my main Mattel Jurassic World display (in regards to medium and small figures mostly). I separated it by film and non-film species (edit: and non film accurate repaints of film species), after so many years of having it divided by carnivore and herbivore/omnivore.

Also please ignore the mess of my amiibo and HTTYD figures in the back. It needs cleaning still. Can thank the cat for getting back there and messing it up. Oh well. The price I pay for letting her in my room to begin with. Also my nieces managed to find my Mussaurus that I left at their house a while back. It's glad to have that one back after a while now.

Halichoeres

Holy cow, that's a lot of JW. At this point do you have space for anything else?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

How many figures do you have of JW Faelrin? I think you have one of the largest dinosaur collections in JW

ceratopsian

I would love to know how you keep track of your impressive collection?  A good memory or something like Excel?

Faelrin

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Honestly, my need shelves/bookcase is imminent. I'm amazed I've been able to push it back for so long (like a year). I mean I'm definitely going to need it before the BotM figures I pre-ordered ship here (even if it isn't the behemoth sized adult Triceratops and Pentaceratops). There's like a tiny bit of space left on the shelf with the amiibo and HTTYD figures, but not much to work with.

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus Off hand, I wouldn't be able to tell you. Based on everything I've added to my collection on the DinoToyCollector site, it's nearly 150, but honestly it's probably over that if counting for individual figures and not sets themselves. That's including some vehicles and humans as well in the mix. Most of it is the creatures themselves though. The only brand I've collected of that comes close is Safari Ltd, at 92 figures currently (including some Carnegie Collection figures), give or take.

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian Like I mentioned above, the DinoToyCollector site is mainly what I use these days to keep track of things, other then my memory on occasion and just looking at my display areas. Funny how I can remember so many figures much of the time, but struggle to remember the past days meals sometimes.

If anyone would be interested I can also give a breakdown of the total number of species I have currently (and per period, and classification give or take some things being simplified). Honestly I may just do this anyways, because quite frankly I'm rather curious.

ceratopsian

Thanks avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin. That reminds me that I must add the CollectA models that came this week need to be added to the DinoToyCollector site!

Shonisaurus

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin Thanks for the information, 150 figures would be a considerable figure, considering that you collect other brands, it is a nice set of JW dinosaur figures.

Faelrin

Okay here's a list of mostly everything (prehistoric/extinct) that I own (with a few exceptions such as the Coelacanth as it was included in prehistoric toylines), separated by period. Things are color coded for some loose taxonomy (although under the Mesozoic section dinosaurs have been additionally separated). Teal for stem-tetrapods and/or "amphibians", Blue for any vertebrae that isn't a stem-tetrapod, Green for reptiles (including archosaurs, excluding pterosaurs and dinosaurs, and marine reptiles), Navy for marine reptiles(plesiosaurs, mosasaurs, ichthyosaurs, etc), Maroon for pterosaurs, Purple for invertebrates, Brown for mammals and early synapsids, and Black for dinosaurs. Although I have few plants, I will use Lime Green for them. The lists are numbered as well to give an idea of how many genera I have per period. I've also tried to include what brand, what year the figures were released, and if they are retired or not (meaning out of production). I've probably forgotten to add a few mini figures but I can go back in and add those later (edit: Added them in. Don't think it is worth adding the ones that came with the Mattel humans though, but should be really almost everything else). I'm pretty positive every (prehistoric or extinct) genera I own in figure form is represented below. Next up will be the list of genera I plan to add to my collection (so things on my wishlist, on its way, pre-orders, etc).

Edit: I forgot a few (Compsognathus, and Microceratus). Well I added them in. Also worth mentioning the bulk of my collection consists of retired figures.

Edit 2: Added some other figures I missed/forgot to add in earlier such as some minis, the Jurassic World Live Tour figures, etc. I hope that's all. Also some numbers for below (includes doubles and color variations such as the Mattel minis, etc):

Totals (# of genera and # of figures):
Invertebrates: 11 genera/12 figures
Non (stem) tetrapod vertebrates: 12 genera/12 figures
Stem-tetrapods and/or "amphibians": 2 genera/2 figures
Reptiles: 14 genera/19 figures
Marine reptiles:
8 genera/14 figures
Dinosaurs: 63 genera/222 figures
Pterosaurs:
6 genera/19 figures
Mammals and early synapsids:
13 genera/17 figures
Plants
: 2 genera/2 figures (this does not include the ones that came with the Beasts of the Mesozoic accessory packs)

Total figures: 133 genera/322 figures (though technically there may be a few more that were left out, such as the ones that came with the Mattel Jurassic World human figures, and possibly anything else I forgot).

Edit 3: Added a little * to each of the genera that is new to my collection for this year.

Ediacaran (1 genus/1 figure):

• Charniodiscus (2013 Safari Ltd Cambrian Life TOOB - retired)
Paleozoic (21 genera/22 figures):
Cambrian
(7 genera/8 figures):

• Anomalocaris (2 figures: 2013 Safari Ltd Cambrian Life TOOB - retired, Yowie Lost Kingdoms B - retired)
  • Ottoia (2013 Safari Ltd Cambrian Life TOOB - retired)
  • Naraoia (2013 Safari Ltd Cambrian Life TOOB - retired)
  • Sanctacaris (2013 Safari Ltd Cambrian Life TOOB - retired)
  • Sidneyia (2013 Safari Ltd Cambrian Life TOOB - retired)
  • Tricrepicephalus (2013 Safari Ltd Cambrian Life TOOB - retired)
  • Vauxia (2013 Safari Ltd Cambrian Life TOOB - retired)
Devonian (6 genera/6 figures):

• *Acanthostega (Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 2 - retired)
  • Cladoselache (2011 Safari Ltd Prehistoric Sharks TOOB - retired)
  • Edestus (2011 Safari Ltd Prehistoric Sharks TOOB - retired)
  • *Ichthyostega (2015 Kaiyodo Great Leaps in Evolution - retired)
  • Stethacanthus (2011 Safari Ltd Prehistoric Sharks TOOB - retired)
  • Xenacanthus (2011 Safari Ltd Prehistoric Sharks TOOB - retired)
Carboniferous (1 genus/1 figure):

• Orthacanthus (2011 Prehistoric Sharks TOOB - retired)
Permian (7 genera/7 figures):

• Dimetrodon (2019 Mattel Jurassic World Savage Strike - retired)
  • Helicoprion (2011 Safari Ltd Prehistoric Sharks TOOB - retired)
  • Hybodus (2011 Safari Ltd Prehistoric Sharks TOOB - retired)
  • Inostrancevia (2011 Safari Ltd - retired)
  • Sarcoprion (2011 Safari Ltd Prehistoric Sharks TOOB - retired)
  • Scutosaurus (2009 Safari Ltd - retired)
Mesozoic (90 genera/268 figures):
Triassic
(10 genera/19 figures):
Dinosaurs (3 genera/7 figures):

• *Coelophysis (1993 Kenner Jurassic Park (2 figures) - retired)
  • Herrerasaurus (4 figures: 2019 Mattel Jurassic World Battle Damage - retired, 2x2019 Mattel Jurassic World Attack Pack, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Attack Pack - retired)
  • Mussaurus (2019 Mattel Jurassic World Attack Pack - retired)
Others (7 genera/12 figures):

• *Desmatosuchus (2010 Safari Ltd Prehistoric Crocodiles TOOB - retired)
  • *Henodus (2009 Safari Ltd Prehistoric Sea Life TOOB - retired)
  • *Ichthyosaurus (2 figures: 2020 Safari Ltd, 2009 Safari Ltd Prehistoric Sea Life TOOB - retired)
  • *Nothosaurus (2009 Safari Ltd Prehistoric Sea Life TOOB - retired)
  • Postosuchus (5 figures: 2020 Mattel Jurassic World Savage Strike, 2020 Mattel Jurassic World Mini, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Mini, 2010 Safari Ltd Prehistoric Crocodiles TOOB - retired, 2009 Safari Ltd)
  • *Proterosuchus/Chasmatosaurus (2010 Safari Ltd Prehistoric Crocodiles TOOB - retired)
  • *Rutiodon (2010 Safari Ltd Prehistoric Crocodiles TOOB - retired)
Jurassic (24 genera/69 figures):
Dinosaurs (17 genera/54 figures):

• Allosaurus (7 figures: 2019 Mattel Jurassic World Dual Attack - retired, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Mini, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Roarivores - retired, 2015 Hasbro Jurassic World Bashers&Biters - retired, 2012 Schleich - retired, 2008 Papo - retired, 1998 Toyway WWD - retired)
  • Apatosaurus (3 figures: 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Mini - retired, 2010 Safari Ltd, 2003 Schleich Juniors? - retired)
  • *Callovosaurus (2020 Mattel Jurassic World Attack Pack)
  • Ceratosaurus (4 figures: 2018 Mattel Jurassic World mini, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Roarivores - retired, 2015 REBOR - retired?, 2015 Battat Terra - retired)
  • Coelurus (2019 Mattel Jurassic World Attack Pack - retired)
  • Compsognathus (7 figures: 2019 Mattel Jurassic World Battle Damage Ultimate Baryonyx Breakout (includes 2)- retired, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Legacy Collection 6 pack set - retired, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Legacy Collection Grant, Sattler, Malcolm, Muldoon - retired)
  • *Cryolophosaurus (2 figures: 2020 Mattel Jurassic World Sound Strike, 2014 Battat Terra - retired)
  • *Dacentrurus (2014 Battat Terra - retired)
  • Dilophosaurus (11 figures: 2020 Safari Ltd, 2019 Mattel Jurassic World Savage Strike - retired, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Legacy Collection 6 pack set - retired, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Mini (both standard and Legacy Collection versions), 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Attack Pack - retired, 2015 Hasbro Jurassic World Growlers - retired, 2011 Bullyland Museum Line - retired, 3x2004 Schleich Juniors? - retired)
  • Diplodocus (2018 Mattel Jurassic World mini - retired)
  • *Gasosaurus (2020 Mattel Jurassic World Battle Damage)
  • Giraffatitan/Brachiosaurus (2019 Mattel Jurassic World Legacy Collection)
  • Metriacanthosaurus (2 figures: 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Mini, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Roarivores - retired)
  • Monolophosaurus (2 figures: 2019 Mattel Jurassic World Battle Damage - retired, 2019 Mattel Jurassic World Savage Strike - retired)
  • *Ornitholestes (2020 Mattel Jurassic World Attack Pack)
  • Proceratosaurus (3 figures: 2019 Mattel Jurassic World Battle Damage - retired, 2019 Mattel Jurassic World Attack Pack - retired, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Attack Pack - retired)
  • Stegosaurus (6 figures: 2019 Jurassic World Live Tour - retired, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Action Attack - retired, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Mini (brown and green), 2015 Hasbro Jurassic World Mini - retired, Carnegie Collection - retired)
Others (7 genera/15 figures):

• Agathis Conifer (2010 Safari Ltd - retired)
  • *Dakosaurus (2010 Safari Ltd Prehistoric Crocodiles TOOB - retired)
  • Dimorphodon (6 figures: 2019 Mattel Jurassic World Attack Pack - retired, 2019 Mattel Jurassic World Battle Damage Ultimate Baryonyx Breakout - retired, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Mini, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Attack Pack (grey) - retired, 2015 Hasbro Jurassic World Growlers - retired, 2015 Hasbro Jurassic World Mini - retired)
  • *Liopleurodon (2 figures: 2010 Safari Ltd, 2009 Safari Ltd Prehistoric Sea Life TOOB - retired)
  • *Metriorhynchus (2009 Safari Ltd Prehistoric Sea Life TOOB - retired)
  • Plesiosaurus (2 figures: 2019 Mattel Jurassic World Savage Strike - retired, 2019 Mattel Jurassic World Battle Damage - retired)
  • Rhamphorhynchus (2 figures: 2020 Mattel Jurassic World Attack Pack, 2019 Mattel Jurassic World Attack Pack - retired)
Cretaceous (56 genera/180 figures):
Dinosaurs (43 genera/155 figures):

• Acheroraptor (2018 Beasts of the Mesozoic Raptor Series)
  • Acrocanthosaurus (2001 Carnegie Collection - retired)
  • Albertosaurus (2019 Mattel Jurassic World Battle Damage - retired)
  • Amargasaurus (2 figures: 2019 Mattel Jurassic World Mega Dual Attack - retired, 2015 Battat Terra - retired)
  • Ankylosaurus (7 figures: 2020 Mattel Jurassic World Attack Pack Bumpy, 2019 Mattel Jurassic World Roarivores - retired, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Roarivores - retired, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Mini (brown and grey), 2018 Safari Ltd, 2015 Hasbro Jurassic World Bashers&Biters - retired)
  • Baryonyx (4 figures: 2019 Mattel Jurassic World Battle Damage Ultimate Baryonyx Breakout - retired, 2019 Mattel Jurassic World Roarivores - retired, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Mini, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Roarivores - retired)
  • Buitreraptor (2018 Beasts of the Mesozoic Raptor Series Wetlands accessory pack)
  • Carcharodontosaurus (1997 Safari Ltd - retired)
  • Carnotaurus (5 figures: 2019 Safari Ltd, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World mini, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Action Attack - retired, 2017 REBOR - retired?, 2015 Battat Terra - retired)
  • Concavenator (2 figures: 2019 Mattel Jurassic World Dual Attack (brown and green) - retired)
  • Citipati (2019 Safari Ltd)
  • Deinocheirus (2017 Safari Ltd)
  • Deinonychus (2020 Safari Ltd)
  • Deinonychus/Velociraptor (31 figures: 2020 Mattel Jurassic World Legacy Collection (includes 2 figures), 2020 Mattel Jurassic World Amber Collection (Charlie), 2020 Mattel Jurassic World Savage Strike (Charlie), 2019 Jurassic World Live Tour Blue - retired, 2019 Mattel Jurassic World Amber Collection, 2019 Mattel Jurassic World Savage Strike (Blue, and 2xyellow) - retired, 2019 Mattel Jurasic World Attack Pack (Charlie, Delta, Echo) - retired, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Destruct-A-Saurs w/ Microceratus - retired, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Mini (metallic Blue, green, orange), 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Legacy Collection 6 pack set - retired, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Legacy Collection - retired, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Fossil Strikers - retired, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Battle Damage (Blue, and yellow), 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Attack Pack (green) - retired, 2017-2015 Jurassic World Exhibition/Universal Parks, 2015 Hasbro Jurassic World Growlers (Blue, Charlie, Delta, Echo) - retired, 2015 Hasbro Jurassic World Mini - retired, 2x2014 Schleich - retired, 2010 Papo)
  • *Dilong (2006 Carnegie Collection - retired)
  • Dromaeosaurus (2 figures: 2018 Beasts of the Mesozoic Raptor Series, both original and fan's choice versions)
  • *Edmontosaurus (2020 Mattel Jurassic World Sound Strike)
  • Gallimimus (3 figures: 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Legacy Collection 6 pack set - retired, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Legacy Collection - retired, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Battle Damage - retired)
  • Iguanodon (2016 Safari Ltd)
  • *Lambeosaurus (2014 Bullyland Museum Line - retired)
  • Microceratus (2018 Mattel Jurassic World Destruct-A-Saurs w/Velociraptor - retired)
  • Microraptor (2018 Beasts of the Mesozoic Raptor Series Forest accessory pack)
  • Minmi (2 figures: 2020 Mattel Jurassic World Attack Pack, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Attack Pack - retired)
  • Mononykus (2 figures: 2019 Mattel Jurassic World - retired, 2018 Beasts of the Mesozoic Raptor Series Desert accessory pack)
  • Nasutoceratops (2019 Mattel Jurassic World Dual Attack - retired)
  • Pachycephalosaurus (5 figures: 2019 Mattel Jurassic World Savage Strike - retired, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Mini, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Legacy Collection - retired, 2015 Hasbro Jurassic World Bashers&Biters- retired, 2015 Hasbro Jurassic World Mini - retired)
  • Pachycephalosaurus/Dracorex (3 figures: 2020 Mattel Jurassic World Attack Pack, 2019 Mattel Jurassic World Attack Pack - retired, 2012 Safari Ltd)
  • Pachycephalosaurus/Stygimoloch (3 figures: 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Story Pack - retired, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Battle Damage, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Mini)
  • Pachyrhinosaurus (2 figures: 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Mini - retired, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Roarivores Sinoceratops - retired)
  • Parasaurolophus (5 figures: 2020 Mattel Jurassic World Sound Strike, 2019 Mattel Jurassic World Dual Attack - retired, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Mini, 2015 Battat Terra - retired, Carnegie Collection - retired)
  • Protoceratops (3 figures: 2020 Wild Past, 2019 Mattel Jurassic World Attack Pack - retired, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World - Attack Pack)
  • Regaliceratops (2018 Safari Ltd)
  • Sauropelta (2 figures: 2020 Mattel Jurassic World Savage Strike, 2015 Safari Ltd)
  • Saurornitholestes (2018 Beasts of the Mesozoic Raptor Series fan's choice version)
  • *Siats (2020 Mattel Jurassic World Massive Biters)
  • Spinosaurus (4 figures: 2019 Papo Limited Edition - retired?, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Mini, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Legacy Collection - retired, 2015 Hasbro Jurassic World Mini - retired)
  • Stenonychosaurus/Troodon (2018 Beasts of the Mesozoic Raptor Series Mountain accessory pack)
  • Styracosaurus (4 figures: 2019 Mattel Jurassic World Savage Strike - retired, 2019 Safari Ltd, 2002 Carnegie Collection - retired, Tyco Dino-Riders - retired)
  • Suchomimus (2 figures: 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Mini, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Action Attack - retired)
  • *Tarbosaurus (2020 Mattel Jurassic World Massive Biters)
  • *Therizinosaurus (2012 Bullyland Museum Line - retired)
  • Triceratops (9 figures: 2019 Jurassic World Live Tour - retired, 2019 Mattel Jurassic World Dual Attack - retired, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Mini (green and brown), 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Roarivores - retired, 2018 Safari Ltd, 2015 Hasbro Jurassic World Mini - retired, 2008 Safari LTD, Carnegie Collection - retired)
  • Tyrannosaurus (25 figures: 2020 Mattel Jurassic World Extreme Chomping, 2019 Jurassic World Live Tour - retired, 2019 Mattel Jurassic World Legacy Collection pack (includes 2) - retired, 2019 Mattel Jurassic World Bite N Fight - retired, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Legacy Collection- retired, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Extreme Chomping - retired, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Mini (metallic brown, brown, and green), 2017 Safari Ltd, 2017-2015 Jurassic World Exhibition/Universal Parks, 2015 Hasbro Jurassic World Bashers&Biters (brown and green) - retired, 2015 Hasbro Jurassic World Chomping - retired, 2015 Hasbro Jurassic World Mini - retired, 2015 Battat Terra - retired, Safari Ltd Great Dinos (brown version), 2006 CollectA Standard, 2006 Safari Ltd, 2003 Schleich Juniors? - retired, 4xCarnegie Collection, multiple versions)
  • Utahraptor (2 figures: 2017 Schleich - retired?, 1997 Safari Ltd - retired)
  • Velociraptor (4 figures: 2018 Beasts of the Mesozoic Raptor Series (original and kickstarter exclusive versions), 2x2003 Carnegie Collection - retired)
  • Yutyrannus (2015 Safari Ltd)
Others (13 genera/25 figures):

• *Champsosaurus (2010 Safari Ltd Prehistoric Crocodiles TOOB - retired)
  • Cretoxyrhina (2011 Safari Ltd Prehistoric Sharks TOOB - retired)
  • *Dolichorhynchops (2009 Safari Ltd Prehistoric Sea Life TOOB - retired)
  • Elasmosaurus (2 figures: 2009 Prehistoric Sea Life TOOB - retired, 1991 Carnegie Collection - retired)
  • *Geosternbergia/Pteranodon (Bullyland Museum Line - retired)
  • *Montealtosuchus (2010 Safari Ltd Prehistoric Crocodiles TOOB - retired)
  • Mosasaurus (4 figures: 2x 2018 Mattel Jurassic World, 2015 Hasbro Jurassic World - retired, 2015 Hasbro Jurassic World Mini - retired)
  • Pteranodon (8 figures: 2019 Safari Ltd, 2019 Mattel Jurassic World Battle Damage - retired, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Battle Damage - retired, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Destruct-A-Saurs Copter Attack set - retired, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Roarivores - retired, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Mini, 2018 Mattel Jurassic World Legacy Collection - retired, 2015 Hasbro Jurassic World Mini - retired)
  • Quetzalcoatlus (2019 Mattel Jurassic World Mega Dual Attack - retired)
  • *Sarcosuchus (2 figures: 2020 Mattel Jurassic World Massive Biters, 2010 Safari Ltd Prehistoric Crocodiles TOOB - retired)
  • Scapanorhynchus (2011 Safari Ltd Prehistoric Sharks TOOB - retired)
  • Tupandactylus/Tapejara (2019 Mattel Jurassic World Savage Strike)
  • *Tylosaurus (2009 Safari Ltd Prehistoric Sea Life TOOB - retired)
Cenozoic (16 genera/20 figures):
Paleogene
(8 genera/8 figures):
Paleocene:

• Gastornis (2013 Safari Ltd - retired)
  • *Titanoboa (2020 REBOR - retired?/limited)
Eocene:

• *Basilosaurus (2009 Safari Ltd Prehistoric Sea Life TOOB - retired)
  • *Boverisuchus/Pristichampsus (2010 Safari Ltd Prehistoric Crocodiles TOOB - retired)
  • *Megacerops (2018 Safari Ltd)
Oligocene:

• *Chalicotherium (Bullyland Museum Line - retired)
  • *Daeodon (2018 Safari Ltd)
  • *Hyaenodon gigas (2018 Safari Ltd)
Neogene (3 genera/4 figures):
Miocene:

• *Anchitherium (Bullyland Museum Line - retired)
Pliocene:

• American Mastodon/Mammut americanum (2018 Safari Ltd)
  • Woolly Rhino/Coelodonta (2 figures: 2019 Safari Ltd, 1997 Safari Ltd Missing Links - retired)
Quaternary (5 genera/8 figures):
Pleistocene:

• Coelacanth/Latimeria (2010 Safari LTD)
  • *Doedicurus (2006 Safari Ltd)
  • *Frilled Shark/Chlamydoselachus (2009 Safari Ltd Prehistoric Sea Life TOOB - retired)
  • Smilodon (2 figures: 2011 Mojo, 2004 Safari Ltd)
  • Woolly Mammoth/Mammuthus primigenius (3 figures: 2004 Safari Ltd, 2003 Carnegie Collection - retired, 1975 Invicta - retired)
Mystery figures (6 genera/11 figures):

• *1998 Bullyland Fossils Medusa/Jellyfish (retired) - Quadrimedusina?
  • *1998 Bullyland Fossils Trilobite (retired) - Modocia?
  • 2014 Safari Ltd Ammonite - Pleuroceras?
  • 2010 Safari Ltd Tree Fern (retired)
  • *2020 REBOR crocodile (that came with Titanoboa)
  • 2018-2019 Beasts of the Mesozoic Nestlings (Amber and White sets; intentionally ambiguous to be used with any of the adult figures)

Halichoeres

Great list! Poor Ordovician, Silurian, and Carboniferous...so neglected.

I've always thought the Bullyland medusa was a better match for Rhizostomites, but it can be any old jelly, really.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Faelrin

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 31, 2020, 08:03:27 PM
Great list! Poor Ordovician, Silurian, and Carboniferous...so neglected.

I've always thought the Bullyland medusa was a better match for Rhizostomites, but it can be any old jelly, really.
Yeah it is a shame how little representation those periods have so far. There are some figures on my wishlist that would fill them out some more (mainly from Kaiyodo), but all the same I wish there was (a lot) more to work with.

In regards to the Ordovician, to start with, there is a plethora of interesting trilobite genera that I wish were made into figures (aside from the few that have been already), such as Ampyx, Asaphus, Cheirurus, Gog, Han, Isotelus, Phacops, and many many others. There's also a plethora of conodonts, molluscs (including a plethora of cephalopods), and echnidoderms (Pleurocystites could use some friends), and some other arthropods such as the earliest eurypterids, and also a couple of the earliest jawless fishes (such as Arandaspis, etc). Also worth mentioning Aegirocassis, the giant filter feeder, but at the very least there is the Paleo-Creatures rendition of it out there.

It seems a bulk of the Silurian figures out there are eurypterids, but even still there's a rather small amount of them out there to begin with, mostly from Kaiyodo, and I would certainly love to see more done (either of the existing genus, or things that have yet to be done, like the itty bitty Tylopterella). Lots of trilobites and other invertebrate taxa (crinoids, nautiloids, etc) that could be done as well. There's also some of the earliest placoderms, and other early jawed fish, as well as plenty of jawless ones to choose from. To be honest I'm also surprised no one has tackled Brontoscorpio yet, especially after its appearance in WWM, aside from being one of the earliest scorpions any how.

For the Carboniferious I'll be honest I'm not too familiar with the fauna aside from Arthropleura, Eogyrinus and/or Pholiderpeton, Greererpeton, Hibbertopterus, Megarachne, Meganeura, and Tullimonstrum, but really the bulk of those have no figures, or too few as it is. Of course I'm also familiar with animals like Diplocaulus, Edaphosaurus, Eryops, Ophiacodon, Platyhystrix, and Sphenacodon, that also co-existed in the Permian (and honestly most of those could use some more figures). After digging through the many pages on the wikipedia categories for the Carboniferous period I have come across a few other animals that I think look interesting enough, and would make nice figures (Cummingella, a trilobite, which may actually be on one of my many wishlists made a while ago, Ianthasaurus, a relative of Edaphosaurus, and Sclerocephalus, a temnospondyl with really well preserved remains, including the tail fin). Additionally I've also learned about Pulmonoscorpius recently (I think), which was one of the largest scorpions to exist, after starting to play Ark: Survival Evolved recently (it must be said I really appreciate some of the obscure genera getting into the spotlight through that game, such as that, Lystrosaurus, Moschops, Onychonycteris, Titanomyrma, etc, some of which have been on my wishlist for figures too for a while). Basically it seems like the bulk of the Carboniferous is ripe for pickings, including many invertebrates (such as ammonites, crinoids, eurypterids, insects, trilobites, etc), and vertebrates (conodonts, fish in general, and plenty of early tetrapods, such as microsaurs, temnospondyls, early synapsids, reptiles, etc).

To be honest I'd be satisfied with whatever that Bullyland Medusa/Jellyfish is. It is the only extinct cnidarian in my collection after all. I'll certainly have to see what I can dig up on that genus though.

Edit: I suppose it would help to mention what I want to get from those periods as well. For the Ordovician, I would like to get the Paleo-Creatures Aegirocassis, CollectA Orthoceras, Kaiyodo Pleurocystites and Triarthrus, and hopefully the Paleocasts trilobite assortment (which includes Asaphus, Phacops, and several others). Probably the Colorata Paleozoic set as well (which has at least 2 creatures from the Ordovician and Silurian), and the Yowie Arandaspis as well.

Continuing into the Silurian, the Kaiyodo Eurypterus, and Pterygotus (any variant really). I know there's the Diramix Poraspis, and a few others out there (Safari Ltd fossil toob Mixopterus, and there is that mystery brand? acanthodian or possibly Climatius figure out there, but I have no idea how to go about tracking that down anyways).

Skipping ahead into the Carboniferous, I'd probably go with the Kaiyodo Meganuera, Groovy Tube Books Arthropleura (for a true toy version), or the Paleo-Creatures version. For Tullimonstrum, I'd like to get my hands on the Paleocasts version.

At the very least I hope to get the Paleocasts trilobites and Tullimonstrum before the end of the year, so long as they are still in stock by the time I can get to it. Still have quite the other assortment I've prioritized instead, so we'll have to see. I'll probably have that all up tomorrow.

Halichoeres

Wow, thanks for introducing me to a few new taxa! On Sclerocephalus specifically, there was a model on Shapeways but it seems to have been taken down. It wasn't too expensive either, maybe about 20 bucks. I'll keep a lookout for its reappearance.

Faelrin

Alright so here's the genera (and figures) on my wishlist (for the rest of this year's planned purchases and/or what I've pre-ordered already, or have folks holding for me, in which I still need to finish paying off). I've also used the same color coding as in my prior post of this nature, and I've also added a little * to each that would be new for my collection this year (going to revise my older post to have the same).

Paleozoic (9 genera/11 figures):
Cambrian (8 genera/10 figures):

• Anomalocaris (3 figures: 2020 Takara Tomy Ancient Seas, 2016 Favorite Cambrian Creatures Mini Model set - blue, and yellow)
  • *Canadaspis (2016 Favorite Cambrian Creatures Mini Model set)
  • *Hallucigenia (2016 Favorite Cambrian Creatures Mini Model set)
  • *Marrella (2016 Favorite Cambrian Creatures Mini Model set)
  • *Olenoides (2020 Takara Tomy Ancient Seas, 2016 Favorite Cambrian Creatures Mini Model set)
  • *Opabinia (2016 Favorite Cambrian Creatures Mini Model set)
  • *Pikaia (2016 Favorite Cambrian Creatures Mini Model set)
  • *Wiwaxia (2016 Favorite Cambrian Creatures Mini Model set)
Permian (1 genus/1 figure):

• Scutosaurus (2020 Mattel Jurassic World Savage Strike)
Mesozoic (25 genera/35 figures):
Triassic
(1 genus/1 figure):

• Mussaurus (2020 Mattel Jurassic World Attack Pack - brown)
Jurassic (4 genera/5 figures):

• Dilophosaurus (2 figures: 2020 Mattel Jurassic World Savage Strike, 2020 Mattel Jurassic World Amber Collection)
  • Dimorphodon (2020 Mattel Jurassic World Attack Pack)
  • Diplodocus (2020 Favorite Soft Model)
  • Stegosaurus (2020 Mattel Jurassic World Camp Adventure Set)
Cretaceous (20 genera/29 figures):

• Acrocanthosaurus (2015 REBOR - retired?; maybe will get it)
  • Ankylosaurus (2020 Mattel Jurassic World Camp Adventure Set - Bumpy)
  • Albertosaurus (2020 Mattel Jurassic World Battle Damage)
  • *Alioramus (2020 Mattel Jurassic World Attack Pack)
  • Baryonyx (2020 Mattel Jurassic World Camp Adventure Set)
  • Carnotaurus (2 figures: 2020 Mattel Jurassic World Control N Conquer, and Toro)
  • *Centrosaurus/Monoclonius (2020 Beasts of the Mesozoic Ceratopsian Series Kickstarter Exclusive)
  • Deinonychus (2016 REBOR - retired?; maybe will get it)
  • Deinonychus/Velociraptor (6 figures: 2020 Mattel Jurassic World Attack Pack - purple, Battle Damage - black, Savage Strike Delta, Savage Strike Echo, Amber Collection Blue, and Delta)
  • *Diabloceratops (2020 Beasts of the Mesozoic Ceratopsian Series)
  • *Irritator (2020 Mattel Jurassic World Sound Strike)
  • *Majungasaurus (2020 Mattel Jurassic World Sound Strike)
  • Protoceratops (2020 Beasts of the Mesozoic Ceratopsian Series)
  • *Psittacosaurus (2020 Beasts of the Mesozoic Ceratopsian Series)
  • *Sinoceratops (2020 Mattel Jurassic World Sound Strike)
  • Spinosaurus (2019 Mattel Jurassic World Battle Damage)
  • Stygimoloch (2020 Mattel Jurassic World Savage Strike)
  • Styracosaurus (2 figures: 2020 Beasts of the Mesozoic Ceratopsian Series, 2020 Mattel Jurassic World Savage Strike)
  • Triceratops (2 figures: 2020 Beasts of the Mesozoic Ceratopsian Series - subadult, 2020 Mattel Jurassic World Battle Damage)
  • Tyrannosaurus (2020 Mattel Jurassic World Epic Roarin'; maybe will get it)
  • *Zuniceratops (2020 Beasts of the Mesozoic Ceratopsian Series)
Cenozoic (3 genera/3 figures):
Paleogene (1 genus/1 figure):
Oligocene:

• *Paraceratherium (2020 IToy)
Quaternary (2 genus/2 figure):
Pleistocene:

• Coelacanth/Latimeria (2020 Takara Tomy Ancient Seas)
  • *Gorilla (2020 REBOR Alpha Gorilla Z; Primal Rage color scheme, and Kong inspired sculpt aside, it would be the first gorilla in my collection)
It is worth noting that avatar_triceratops83 @triceratops83 has generously picked up and is holding for me some of the 2020 Mattel Jurassic World figures (Attack Pack Mussaurus, Velociraptor, Savage Strike Velociraptor Echo, Scutosaurus, Stygimoloch, and Styracosaurus). My friend in Germany is similarly holding the 2020 Battle Damage Triceratops, Velociraptor, and 2019 Spinosaurus, as well as the Amber Collection Delta, Nedry, and Dilophosaurus. I'm still gradually paying him back for everything (including the shipping from the last haul I got from him, which he generously paid at the time). I also asked avatar_brettnj @brettnj to order (or preorder) the 2020 Favorite Soft Model Diplodocus, the 2016 Cambrian Creatures Mini Model set a while back, and recently the Takara Tomy Old Seas Anomalocaris, Trilobite (Olenoides?), and Coelacanth (Latimeria), but I'm not entirely sure when I'll be able to get my hands on those. I guess it all depends on when the shipping from the Japan Post Office resumes and/or when I am expected to pay him for all those orders. Whatever comes first I guess.

I'm also hoping to see Safari Ltd do another Black Friday sale in November, so maybe I'll get a bit more to add to my collection from them then (including any potential new figures they may have in stock by then hopefully). I'll have to wait and see.

Halichoeres

Dino-mite!

Hi Faelrin,

Followed you from your post in the BotM Ceratopsians thread looking for more info about the prints. Haven't seen any reviews, and can't really tell from the photos. If you don't mind I have several questions, and appreciate any help.

Are the prints thin and roll up like a poster or thick paper, fairly stiff and flat? Quality work worth the $45-55 and ready for framing? Also if you have the calendar how does that compare? Do both the prints and calendar match up pretty well in materials or is the calendar art cheaper and a noticeable difference? Was thinking of maybe framing all. Do they both have a glossy look or are the prints like a flat matte canvas painting and wouldn't match? Lastly, how thick are the postcards? Like just a regular postcard or? Damage easily? Do they present any better in hand than the calendar? Which between those and the calendar do you think would make a nicer "art gallery"?

Thanks so much and looking forward to seeing the actual Ceratopsians reviews!  Happy Thanksgiving!

Faelrin

D @Dino-mite! I'd say the prints are thick paper but still could be bent easily if not enough care is taken or framed. They were shipped in a cardboard sleeve type thing as well. I have both of mine framed.

The post cards are like regular post card thickness. I only managed to pick up the ones from the ceratopsian series though, but I imagine the raptor series ones are the same. I never got a chance to pick up one of the calenders from either line so I can't answer that for you.

Dino-mite!

Thanks avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin

So maybe more like a posterboard or laminated banner thickness? Enough to lay flat and not curl up but will wilt over if you only hold at one end?

Are the prints glossy or more a matte "painting like" finish? I'll let you know about the calendar if I get it.

Be well and safe!

Eocarcharia

That's an impressive list of figures you have. Very nice collection. Reminds me a bit of my own, what with a large portion being Safari and Jurassic World.

Faelrin

D @Dino-mite! Sorry I haven't had the chance to get back to you on this after so long. I've been caught up on a lot of stuff lately. It slipped my mind. I think it's like a thick soft cover book's cover thickness. It's the only thing coming to mind for me right now. I hope that helps some.

avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia Thanks. Like you I think I will be downsizing here soon, out of financial necessity, assuming anyone would be interested in buying any of these models from me.

In fact what I want to address in this post (although maybe a new thread would be better?), with what I'm thinking of parting with, as my family is getting financially desperate, and while it may not help more, or possibly be even in time, it may still be worth doing.

I think I will sell off (most of) my few Schleich figures off. I don't dislike them, but they don't of course really fit in with the rest of my collection currently.

I'm also thinking of selling off most of my Carnegie Collection figures as well, with the exception of the Dilong, Elasmosaurus, and Woolly Mammoth, two of which I got this year.

I think I will get things gathered together and get an image, maybe tomorrow depending on how much energy I have. I know things like my REBOR Titanoboa, Toyway WWD Allosaurus, and Beasts of the Mesozoic are going to be keepers for me for the meantime.

I'm also thinking of trimming some of my collection of Mattel figures down. Perhaps the Amber Collection ones. I don't really need to be collecting two scales at this time, especially when the smaller and cheaper figures are still quite nice and mostly film accurate as well, and uh have more species diversity as well, and in scale (mostly). I'm also considering this due to how behind I fell on things with it (although I still would really like to get the Dilophosaurus at some point). Kind of the same reason I never went for any of the Snap Squad (terrible distribution here for them aside).

So I guess here's a list before I can get images of things I'm considering selling off (with links to either toyanimalwiki or dinotoycollector sites):

1989(?) Carnegie Collection Parasaurolophus
1989(?) Carnegie Collection Triceratops
1989 (?) Carnegie Collection Tyrannosaurus (head sculpt one)
1996 (?) Carnegie Collection Tyrannosaurus x3 (head sculpt two, several color variations)
1996(?) Carnegie Collection Stegosaurus
2001 Carnegie Collection Acrocanthosaurus
2002 Carnegie Collection Styracosaurus (still has the tag on it; the link here uses my image of the one I have)
2003 Carnegie Collection Velociraptor x2 (both have tags)
2006 CollectA Tyrannosaurus rex (the only CollectA figure currently in my collection, sad right?)
2011 Mojo Smilodon (Also the only Mojo figure in my collection. This one is a bit worn, but still looks okay I guess)
2010 Papo Velociraptor (Still has the tags on it)
1997 Safari Ltd Carcharodontosaurus
1997 Safari Ltd Utahraptor
2006 Safari Ltd Tyrannosaurus
2003 Schleich (Juniors?) Apatosaurus (I'm debating on this one because I find it kind of charming in some way)
2003 Schleich (Juniors?) Tyrannosaurus
2004 Schleich (Juniors?) Dilophosaurus x2 (I have three but am considering keeping one)
2012 Schleich Allosaurus
2014 Schleich Velociraptor x2 (one with tag still on it, and I think I have the hanging tag somewhere in my room still)

I'm debating on if I should keep my 2019 Papo Spinosaurus or not as well. Despite some minor anatomical issues (and the now outdated tail), I still really enjoy the immense size of this figure and the coloration on it. I have the box for it still, although it is in storage now I believe.

I'm also considering parting with my Invicta Woolly Mammoth. Despite the fact it is honestly the oldest figure in my collection (and several decades older then me) and I mainly enjoyed having it for that reason, it doesn't "fit" with my (mostly) Safari Ltd collection at this time. I don't see myself chasing down the rest of the Invicta's, and I definitely don't have nostalgia for it either.

There's a ton of other stuff I've accumulated over the years. Such as some Star Wars, Matchbox and Hotwheels, HTTYD, tons of plushies, etc.

Halichoeres

Many of us decide to downsize at some point, but I'm sorry to hear you're having to do so under such difficult circumstances.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.