News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

CollectA New for 2017

Started by Everything_Dinosaur, November 03, 2016, 04:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Everything_Dinosaur

It is true that on Friday 4th November, the first official news of the new for 2017 CollectA models will be released.  The promotional strategy with CollectA is the same as last year, they intend to drip feed the new releases over several weeks.  Everything Dinosaur's blog article showing the trio of prehistoric animals to come out with the first batch of models is scheduled to go live at 6.30am GMT or thereabouts.  Naturally, much of the information we hold on the new CollectA releases remains embargoed, but we will do our best to let forum members know as much as we can, including size measurements, some of the information behind the individual sculpts, why these particular prehistoric animals have been made into replicas and so forth.

Comments on the forthcoming Everything Dinosaur blog site article would be welcomed.

Blog home page: The Everything Dinosaur Blog Site  this is where the full article will be posted up.

Admin - edited with images:

Basilosaurus

Deinocheirus

Dimorphodon supreme

Einiosaurus

Excalibosaurus

Gigantspinosaurus

Kronosaurus

Mini marine creatures

Regaliceratops

Styracosaurus deluxe

Uintatherium

Concavenator

I think a Regaliceratops will be among them mysellf.

Halichoeres

Can't wait! Thanks for keeping us apprised!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

sauroid

just a few hours away... *taps fingers on desk*
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

suspsy

It'll be funny if the first three reveals are Velociraptor, Einiosaurus, and Giganotosaurus.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Concavenator

Quote from: suspsy on November 03, 2016, 06:07:34 PM
It'll be funny if the first three reveals are Velociraptor, Einiosaurus, and Giganotosaurus.
No,please

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: Concavenator on November 03, 2016, 06:22:00 PM
No,please

Look on the bright side, at least they'd have friends! ;D
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

CMIPalaeo

Alright! I've been waiting for CollectA's announcements... mainly so I know how many of the Safari dinosaurs to pace myself on...
Once a man is tired of dinosaurs, he is tired of life; for there is in a dinosaur all that life can afford.

CMIPalaeo

So... should the rampant speculation start now?

I kind of suspect a couple of large theropods (probably a tyrannosaur and a carnosaur), a new ceratopsian or two (Regaliceratops is a good bet, I'm hoping Safari includes one in the near future as they tend to have the very finest ceratopsian figures), some smaller birdier theropods (maybe 2017 will be Year of the Beautiful Oviraptorosaurs like 2016 was for ornithomimosaurs...), a marine reptile, a mammal... and hopefully some sauropods! The Diplodocus, Argentinosaurus, Daxiatitan, and Ampelosaurus are all excellent figures, but most of the other CollectA sauropods are pretty wonky - they could certainly do to produce some more!

I have a sense that Brontosaurus may be in the air... I can see CollectA going in with the neck bosses/battle spikes hypothesis too!
Once a man is tired of dinosaurs, he is tired of life; for there is in a dinosaur all that life can afford.

Roselaar

Supreme range Yi Qi. A dead one. On a base, so it bends over eventually. Everything that makes Collecta daring. :)

I think Einiosaurus is a given, it's overdue.

Some new toobs would be nice as well.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Roselaar on November 03, 2016, 09:14:27 PM
Supreme range Yi Qi. A dead one. On a base, so it bends over eventually. Everything that makes Collecta daring. :)
And its neck is slumped so you can pick it up and carry it around, or hang it by its feet.

SBell

Interesting...1/3

And an almost another...(phonetically).

And some horses and lions or something. Whatever.

of course...it looks like nothing is certain yet, when it comes to actually getting the stupid things here to North America.

John

Quote from: SBell on November 04, 2016, 12:10:36 AM

Interesting...1/3

And an almost another...(phonetically)....

So one of them is yet another thing only known from scraps then...but the sauropod Gigantosaurus is from England,so I see why it will be in the lineup.And as for one of the other two,be it Einiosaurus or Velociraptor,the new Safari ones will be impossible acts for CollectA to follow.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

SBell

Quote from: John on November 04, 2016, 12:48:05 AM

Interesting...1/3

So one of them is yet another thing only known from scraps then...but the sauropod Gigantosaurus is from England,so I see why it will be in the lineup.And as for one of the other two,be it Einiosaurus or Velociraptor,the new Safari ones will be impossible acts for CollectA to follow.

Noooope  :P At least one partial skeleton...and not English.

I honestly don't know what I can say right now. Along with disappointing vendor news, I got a few early photos.

Takama

Honestly There better be a new Ornithopod next year.

I rather see them remake there older models from 2007-2009

Jose S.M.

What about Gigantspinosaurus for the one phonetically similar.. It's not exactly that similar but close enough.

Toasaurus

I don't know why but I think collecta is going to do dreadnoughtus, brontosaurus, basilosaurus, dakotaraptor, hopefully a new prosauropod (riojasaurus,or massaspndlyus,sorry for bad spelling, yurtyrannus,daitmaintosaurus,and tarchia

John

Quote from: SBell on November 04, 2016, 12:53:20 AM
Quote from: John on November 04, 2016, 12:48:05 AM

Interesting...1/3

Noooope  :P At least one partial skeleton...and not English.

That's good to know.I prefer to have at least an idea of what something is supposed to look like,so a partial skeleton is better than just a few scraps. :)
Trying to make a guess at what CollectA is coming out with is nearly impossible as they are all over the place with species both well known and obscure.I would say there is an equal chance for any one of the three mentioned in jest earlier (Einiosaurus,Giganotosaurus or another new Velociraptor)to show up in the line... :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

CMIPalaeo

A Gigantoraptor, maybe? Bit of a reach but... after the very good feathered theropods last year, a deluxe, 1:40 or 1:20 Gigantoraptor would be great... their first one was not very good.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.