News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

CollectA New for 2017

Started by Everything_Dinosaur, November 03, 2016, 04:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

Quote from: CMIPalaeo on November 04, 2016, 01:24:06 AM
A Gigantoraptor, maybe? Bit of a reach but... after the very good feathered theropods last year, a deluxe, 1:40 or 1:20 Gigantoraptor would be great... their first one was not very good.

Oh you're right that's another good guess! Actually I don't think they will be making new versions of their older figures unless they make them deluxe.

suspsy

Gigantspinosaurus? Oh please, let it be so.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Appalachiosaurus

I am personally betting on Brontosaurus, but this is collecta; it could be something as obscure as Jingshanosaurus or Tanycolagreus.

CMIPalaeo

I love CollectA's representation of obscure (and thus pretty speculative) genera. It gives me something else to go after, and the speculative aspects are pretty reasonable. Safari doesn't do it, so CollectA should! It works for them.
Once a man is tired of dinosaurs, he is tired of life; for there is in a dinosaur all that life can afford.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Roselaar on November 03, 2016, 09:14:27 PM
Supreme range Yi Qi. A dead one. On a base, so it bends over eventually. Everything that makes Collecta daring. :)

Hilarious!

Sean, you're a devil. Still, I've got to guess. I'm thinking they're bringing out a Giganotosaurus and an Atrociraptor (sounds a lot like Velociraptor).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

CMIPalaeo

I'd guess Einiosaurus for the Safari duplicate, but really any of those three is plausible.
Once a man is tired of dinosaurs, he is tired of life; for there is in a dinosaur all that life can afford.

Flaffy

sauroid

i doubt that CollectA or any major brands for that matter would make a Brontosaurus or Tarbosaurus (an updated version, their older one doesnt even look like a Tarbo) figures in the near future or at all. they look too much like Apatosaurus and T. rex respectively. on the other hand, they might make them because they would sell well because of the similarity with the famous dinos.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

stargatedalek

CollectA doesn't have an Apatosaurus to my knowledge so it's possible.

John

On Everything Dinosaur's page they now have revealed the first three new prehistoric animals for 2017.They are a stegosaur and two ceratopsians,namely:
Gigantspinosaurus,Einiosaurus and deluxe Styracosaurus!!! ;D ;D ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Blade-of-the-Moon

not bad on the ceratopsians..the gigantspinosaurus looks a little detail-less. http://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/

Flaffy

What's with einiosaurus this year? Wowie!
Einiosaurus: While Safari's Einiosaurus wins by sheer sculpting detail, I much prefer CollectA's overall feel and pose of the animal.
Gigantspinosaurus: I agree that it looks a bit detail-less, but probably it's the same as this year's metriacanthosaurus, the promo pics didn't show the fine details that metri had. Very surprised that CollectA made this figure.
Deluxe Styracosaurus: I was never fond of CollectA's deluxe figures, so it is an easy pass.
I was thinking of the relationship Safari and CollectA's einiosaurus can have. could one be a male in breeding colours and the other in non-breeding colours?

ceratopsian

I'm thrilled about Gigantspinosaurus!  Only the other day I thought this genus should make a good model and wondered if perhaps it would appear eventually in the PNSO line, given that they seem to have a fondness for stegosaurs.  As for Einiosaurus - you just can't have too many of them.  Two after all this long wait!  I'm also happy to see they are continuing with the Deluxe line, and even happier to see that a ceratopsian has been chosen.  However, given it's a larger model, I'll have to think about space before eventually pressing the "buy" button.  I already have a large Styracosaurus from Sideshow, so might need to exercise restraint here!

Everything_Dinosaur

Here are the first three dinosaurs (one Deluxe, two in the not to scale popular CollectA model range).  This Everything Dinosaur blog article provides pictures plus more information on three of the first of the 2017 models from CollectA.

Free free to comment on the blog article: New models from CollectA 2017

We will post up information on the next group of models to be released next week.

Shonisaurus

The deluxe model styracosaurus reminds me that I have to Favourite that certainly is a beauty and this is no exception.

The Einiosaurus will make a good match with my manager and Einiosaurus model Safari and also these two models colors of Celtic ceratópsidos without war!

Moreover, the gigantspinosaurus is the least convinces me would have to be colorful and more photos of him to put a hundred percent review.

The truth and the truth that this year Collecta begins to cover all higher expectations. For me is welcome war dinosaur toy companies.

Dyscrasia

Awesome~! Thank you very much for the info.

Gigantspinosaurus

Einiosaurus

Styracosaurus (Deluxe)

They all look beautiful~

sauroid

the Deluxe models are what scale? 1:40? thanks.

btw, i am so glad that CollectA has improved their paint jobs.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Flaffy

Quote from: sauroid on November 04, 2016, 07:39:27 AM

btw, i am so glad that CollectA has improved their paint jobs.
Yes! No more awkward war paint (for now).

Everything_Dinosaur

The CollectA Deluxe Styracosaurus is listed at 1:40 scale, but the size range estimates for Styracosaurus albertensis do vary quite a bit from around 4.5 metres to over 6 metres in length and we have yet to verify the exact length of the model.  The official measurement is 23.5 cm as stated in our blog article, but we have been told that the figure may be a bit longer than this, so calculating the scale is somewhat problematical at the moment.

MLMjp

Yes finally! The hype increases!

Gigantspinosaurus: Nice to see a Stegosaurid that is not Stegosaurus or Kentrosaurus.

Einiosaurus: I´m shocked because it almost has the exact same colors as the Safari one. Looks good, but I think the safari version will be the superior one.

Styracosaurus: I felt in love with it when I saw it, it looks amazing. Until I saw that it will be a deluxe class, which should be a good thing because a deluxe dino from collecta should be in 1:40 scale more or less. But tell me in which world 23,5 cm long and 14cm tall are the measurements of a 1:40 scale Styracosaurus. And to make things worst it could be bigger. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( Damn it Collecta!!!
I usually complain about figures being too small, but this time it´s too big. >:( >:( >:(

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.