News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys of all time! The original poll has been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted in the previous stegosaur poll.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

CollectA New for 2017

Started by Everything_Dinosaur, November 03, 2016, 04:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Well, we were grousing about how Einiosaurus wasn't getting any love. Now we got our wish in spades. It'll be interesting to compare this one with the WS version, although I think they both look superb.

Hahahahah, I was right! A Gigantspinosaurus at long last! Sold!

That Styracosaurus looks like CollectA's best ceratopsian to date. And how refreshing to see a Deluxe that isn't a theropod for a change!
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

According to Mike is going to reveal another Ceratopsidae next year as one says in his news chasmosaurine.

AcroSauroTaurus

YES!!!!! Finally a Gigantspinosaurus! My favorite stegosaur gets a good figure. It looks great, I love the coloration, and the sculpt. Also, what brand made that brown Gigantspino a long time ago?

Einiosaurus: Looks really good, I like the "fade to black" on the horns. It looks like another "Nasutoceratops year". (both Safari and CollectA released a Nasuto the same year.) Except this time an Einiosaurus year!

Styracosaurus deluxe: Again, looks really good. And Styracosaurus needed an update pretty bad, and it looks great!
I am the Dinosaur King!

Halichoeres

Quote from: CMIPalaeo on November 04, 2016, 03:54:05 AM
I'd guess Einiosaurus for the Safari duplicate, but really any of those three is plausible.

You called it! I didn't expect CollectA to produce two relatively well-known ceratopsians.

These all look really good. Refreshing to see some ornithischians. I'm guessing that Styracosaurus will be about 1:20.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

triceratops83

This is shaping up to be a great year for Ceratopsian enthusiasts. These are looking like the best horned dinosaurs Collecta has done yet. And there's still a Chasmosaurine yet to be revealed - I'm crossing my fingers for either Anchiceratops or Arrhinoceratops.

My guess is that Collecta and Safari must listen to what fans want, since Einiosaurus has been suggested fairly frequently over the last couple of years and both companies made one in favor of more newly discovered ceratopsians. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Centrosaurus turn up next year.

Wouldn't it be a blast if it turns out Collecta releases nothing but herbivores this year?
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

DinoLord

The Styracosaurus and Einiosaurus are quite good, though I prefer the new Safari version of the latter. The Gigantspinosaurus is decent but the shoulder spikes seem bent at bit of a too strong angle.

CMIPalaeo

Wow! CollectA's ceratopsians have REALLY stepped up this year! Just from these first photos they look amazing, a big improvement over even other recent ones. I'lll probably pass on the Einiosaurus in favour of Safari's but that Styracosaurus looks really tempting... and I crunched the measurements and it's more like 1:20 scale than 1:40 - impressive!

The Gigantspinosaurus seems like a very nice, charming model, one that I'll probably pick up at some point. There are so few stegosaurs out there, and this one looks very accurate with an active pose and nice sculpt.

Can't wait to see what else is in store - a chasmosaurine, you say? Well, if those Regaliceratops predictions are right, and it's a nice as these centrosaurines appear, I will be one VERY happy camper!
Once a man is tired of dinosaurs, he is tired of life; for there is in a dinosaur all that life can afford.

darth daniel

The Styracosaurus and Einiosaurus both are really beautiful, the Gigantspinosaurus has a great color scheme but its shoulder spikes look too thick. Three herbivores is a good sign after the theropod-heavy last year. Still hoping for one or more sauropod figures though, preferably one in the deluxe range...

Jose S.M.

Well someone's going to break his rule of one figure per genera next year! I like the Einiosaurus a lot and looks like a nice partner for the Safari one (some diorama potential there maybe) and the Styracosaurus looks great, I have the Favorite and the older Safari one but it's tempting and I don't care anymore if they area little bigger since the Safaris of 2017 are "forcing me " to expand to bigger sizes in my collection.
I guessed Gigantspinosaurus ! :D :D looks nice, probably I'm getting it!

CMIPalaeo

These three figures have really whet my appetite... I can't wait to see what other prehistoric figures are in store!
Once a man is tired of dinosaurs, he is tired of life; for there is in a dinosaur all that life can afford.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: triceratops83 on November 04, 2016, 01:02:10 PM
This is shaping up to be a great year for Ceratopsian enthusiasts. These are looking like the best horned dinosaurs Collecta has done yet. And there's still a Chasmosaurine yet to be revealed - I'm crossing my fingers for either Anchiceratops or Arrhinoceratops.

My guess is that Collecta and Safari must listen to what fans want, since Einiosaurus has been suggested fairly frequently over the last couple of years and both companies made one in favor of more newly discovered ceratopsians. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Centrosaurus turn up next year.

Wouldn't it be a blast if it turns out Collecta releases nothing but herbivores this year?

Exactly one Arrhinoceratops or anchiceratops would be fabulous. But what if the other ceraptsiano is a deluxe Chasmosaurus? with quality being made dinosaurs Collecta (the styracosaurus is amazing in quality) would be interesting to a large Chasmosaurus overflowing with the same quality as the styracosaurus.

For now Collecta figures are great.

And after Collecta ... Papo keep my hopes is that they are scientific figures.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: MLMjp on November 04, 2016, 08:44:15 AM
Yes finally! The hype increases!

Gigantspinosaurus: Nice to see a Stegosaurid that is not Stegosaurus or Kentrosaurus.

Einiosaurus: I´m shocked because it almost has the exact same colors as the Safari one. Looks good, but I think the safari version will be the superior one.

Styracosaurus: I felt in love with it when I saw it, it looks amazing. Until I saw that it will be a deluxe class, which should be a good thing because a deluxe dino from collecta should be in 1:40 scale more or less. But tell me in which world 23,5 cm long and 14cm tall are the measurements of a 1:40 scale Styracosaurus. And to make things worst it could be bigger. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( Damn it Collecta!!!
I usually complain about figures being too small, but this time it´s too big. >:( >:( >:(

Well, I no offense and in my humble opinion I prefer a deluxe styracosaurus not to scale.

To me wish it were not 1:40 scale is, or was at a much smaller scale, I prefer that dinosaurs are large regardless of size, provided they are scientifically accurate. I'm happy with a large or very large styracosaurus Favorite type.

I care more quality and as I said in the previous paragraph that are scientifically accurate size.

Killekor

I am very interesting about the gigantspinosaurus, I think that is a beautiful dinosaur. The styracosaurus looks great but I don't like this einiosaurus(I will get the safari one)

My question is: Why anyone don't do a Sinornithosaurus model? Is an amazing dinosaur, they know what color it was, he can flight, an probably was VENOMOUS! So, why?
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Tyto_Theropod

QuoteIt'll be funny if the first three reveals are Velociraptor, Einiosaurus, and Giganotosaurus.

Welp, you called it Suspsy!

Personally the Einio is the only one I'll be picking up. I love the look of the Styracosaur but I don't collect the deluxe range. The Gigantospinosaurus just looks like some kind of gimmicky transformer-esque thing. It's shoulder spikes are way too angular and upward-pointing in my opinion, so it looks like it has some kind of Buzz Lightyear wings! The colour scheme doesn't help... Feel free to disagree with me. I know I sound harsh but that was impression I got and it amused me. >:D

UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Flaffy

Quote from: Predasaurskillekor on November 04, 2016, 01:57:05 PM
I am very interesting about the gigantspinosaurus, I think that is a beautiful dinosaur. The styracosaurus looks great but I don't like this einiosaurus(I will get the safari one)

My question is: Why anyone don't do a Sinornithosaurus model? Is an amazing dinosaur, they know what color it was, he can flight, an probably was VENOMOUS! So, why?
No solid evidence that I know of suggests it had venom.

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on November 04, 2016, 02:20:45 PM

Further to this, the 'evidence' used for this hypothesis is very shaky and probably not accurate. I believe it may have been based on comparisons with Komodo Dragon teeth, and it's still being debated whether they are venomous or not. While it is a definite possibility for this species, I think it unlikely for Sinornithosaurus. Also, Sinornithosaurus couldn't technically fly but rather glide. Sorry to be the party pooper, but this forum has trained me well in that role! >:D
______________________________________________________________________________________

Killekor

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on November 04, 2016, 02:34:10 PM

Further to this, the 'evidence' used for this hypothesis is very shaky and probably not accurate. I believe it may have been based on comparisons with Komodo Dragon teeth, and it's still being debated whether they are venomous or not. While it is a definite possibility for this species, I think it unlikely for Sinornithosaurus. Also, Sinornithosaurus couldn't technically fly but rather glide. Sorry to be the party pooper, but this forum has trained me well in that role! >:D

I now this, (indeed i say "Probably"), but Why anyone don't do a Sinornithosaurus model?
Thanks
Predasaurskillekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Roselaar

Looking good so far!

Ceratopsians have a bit of a Safari feel to them.

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: Predasaurskillekor on November 04, 2016, 02:57:17 PM
Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on November 04, 2016, 02:34:10 PM

I now this, (indeed i say "Probably"), but Why anyone don't do a Sinornithosaurus model?
Thanks
Predasaurskillekor

It does feel like a bit of a missed opportunity, especially as we have some idea of what colour it was. It may be because everyone and his dog has done Microraptor...

Quote from: Roselaar on November 04, 2016, 03:00:33 PM
Ceratopsians have a bit of a Safari feel to them.

...But even though, as a patriotic Brit, I hate to say this about the Great British dinosaur toy company, no one will ever be able to do Ceratopsians like our very own Doug.  :D
Looking good so far!

MLMjp

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 04, 2016, 01:53:46 PM

Well, I no offense and in my humble opinion I prefer a deluxe styracosaurus not to scale.

To me wish it were not 1:40 scale is, or was at a much smaller scale, I prefer that dinosaurs are large regardless of size, provided they are scientifically accurate. I'm happy with a large or very large styracosaurus Favorite type.

I care more quality and as I said in the previous paragraph that are scientifically accurate size.

You are not offending anyone, It just the way I collect.  :)
Scientifically accuracy and quality are very important for me but my dinos have to be in scale because it makes for a more "natural" display. Of course there is no perfect scale and there are some exceptions, but for my main collection I like them to look like they were the real thing next to each other. Thus I am disappointed that such beautiful Styracosaurus turns out to be too big because it would not look right next with my other dinos.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.