News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Colorata New for 2017

Started by Halichoeres, November 12, 2016, 05:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Looks like Colorata is back in the prehistoric game to stay. Scheduled for 2017:

Update December 2017:

Dunkleosteus terrelli

Cephalaspis lyelli

Acutiramus macrophthalmus

Cameroceras trentonense

Olenoides serratus

Anomalocaris canadensis
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Flaffy

Gosh... 2017's gotta be one of the best years for dinosaur figures... How am I supposed to afford all of this?  ;D

Roselaar

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 12, 2016, 05:29:24 PM

•Acutiramus (Unique Species List material?)

Sounds like it! Nice set. I look forward to seeing the final product.

Faelrin

Anomalocaris and Dunkleosteus? That's grabbed my interest. The others are nice choices too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

sauroid

i hope Colorata makes new dinosaur/prehistoric reptiles again.
2017 is just the beginning of great things in prehistoric figure collectibles. it's been brewing during the past couple of years.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoLord

Looks interesting. And no primary feathers for them to exclude!  :-X

Flaffy

crankydinosaur

Is there any news on this!!!!

crankydinosaur

...still waiting to hear anything on this set...

Halichoeres do you have any updates?

SBell

Quote from: crankydinosaur on October 20, 2017, 01:23:52 PM
...still waiting to hear anything on this set...

Halichoeres do you have any updates?

We know nothing yet. Colorata can have really long lead times.

Halichoeres

We had such a short lead time on the feathered dinos set that I was pretty optimistic about this one. And the ad clearly says 2017, which is fast running out. But rest assured if I had any new information I would share it here as quick as I could (though, this forum being what it is, someone would probably beat me to the punch!). I do check the Colorata web site periodically, though unlike Kaiyodo or Favorite, they don't seem to have any kind of social media presence.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 20, 2017, 04:55:56 PM
We had such a short lead time on the feathered dinos set that I was pretty optimistic about this one. And the ad clearly says 2017, which is fast running out. But rest assured if I had any new information I would share it here as quick as I could (though, this forum being what it is, someone would probably beat me to the punch!). I do check the Colorata web site periodically, though unlike Kaiyodo or Favorite, they don't seem to have any kind of social media presence.

They do have a Facebook page that is updated ocassionally, but mostly to advertise their ties, shirts, hats, plushes and other stuff. Nothing there on new figure sets.

Joey

This is probably a random question, but does Colorata ship to the US?

SBell

Quote from: JoeytheDeinocheirus on October 24, 2017, 03:37:37 AM

No. Not at all.

Brett can hook you up, or you can try an order on Rakuten, but Colorata doesn't sell direct except in Japan.

Georassic

Quote from: SBell on October 24, 2017, 04:16:25 AM

No. Not at all.

Brett can hook you up, or you can try an order on Rakuten, but Colorata doesn't sell direct except in Japan.
The Colorata sets are frequently available in US via Amazon, too.

Joey

Quote from: Georassic on October 24, 2017, 04:32:42 AM

No. Not at all.

The Colorata sets are frequently available in US via Amazon, too.

No. Not at all.

Thank you guys for the info!

bmathison1972

Colorata are very common on eBay. They will be shipping from Japan or Hong Kong, but you'll have no problem buying them on US eBay.

Halichoeres

FINALLY!

Appears to be available now: "Extinct Animals: Paleozoic Creatures"

Dunkleosteus terrelli

Cephalaspis lyelli

Acutiramus macrophthalmus

Cameroceras trentonense

Olenoides serratus

Anomalocaris canadensis

The URL ends in "ex1," which I hope means there will be more "Extinct Animals" sets in the future.
http://www.colorata.com/fs/colorata/figurebox_ex1/

Flaffy

Olenoides: What's with this obsession of Olenoides? Companies seem to really like to make this trilobite for some odd reason. Strange, there are plenty of interesting trilobites with many special features, why choose Olenoides?
Dunkleosteus: Your average dunkle, nothing to write home about
Cephalaspis: Finally! After all these years a good Cephalaspis figure! I see a lot of different reconstructions of the creature, namely tall broad and thick ones like in WWB, and thin shovel like ones, which one is the better reconstruction?
Acutiramus: Decent "sea scorpion" figure, not in a very interesting pose though, it's been done a lot of times already.
Anomalocaris: Another pretty average figure, not bad by any means, but boring. Wish they used the spot for something more obscure.
Cameroceras: Really like this one, reminds me a lot of Chased by Sea Monster's giant orthocone.

Seems like the Paleozoic Creatures box will only focus on marine life, hope they make another for land dwelling paleozoic critters, so many interesting choices from the Permian. Overall, this box is a mixed bag for me. Mainly due to the species choices and the uninteresting poses.

bmathison1972

Nice arthropods; nothing really stands out but the Acutiramus is at least a new genus in toy/figure/model form (even though it is very similar to Pterygotus). I love the pose on the Anomalocaris, and the bases for all of them.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.