News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Southlands Replicas

Started by stargatedalek, November 16, 2016, 02:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Given how Australian animals, both extant and extinct, receive relatively little attention from toy companies, I'm very glad that SR is limiting itself that way.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

alexeratops

Quote from: Southlands Replicas on November 22, 2016, 08:06:49 PM
Here's some images of the Thylacoleo..

It's a drop bear! :o  :))

But in all seriousness this brand shows much promise, cant wait to see more!
like a bantha!

Shonisaurus

I have seen the diprotodon on the soutlands replicas facebook page replicas and I can say that the figure is excellent. At least as far as I'm concerned is the diprotodon I've always wanted. Painting details are missing.

Jason is a great sculptor.  ^-^

Shonisaurus

The diprotodon of soutlands replicas is almost ready here you pass a link to see the photos that you have to be registered in the forum.

It is a very detailed prehistoric mammal figure although it is not yet completely finished (it lacks painting),

http://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t18452p50-diprotodon-project

postsaurischian

I have bought the complete line (as the Aussie fan I am) and I can highly recommend it - especially for the extant species.
I love the fact that they are in scale to each other (1:15) and the figures look much better in hand than in the stock photos because most of them are pretty small.
The very small species (Quoll, Brushtail Possum, Platypus & Echidna) are in 1:12, but to me that's still okay. They all look great together.
There are no better Australian mammal figures. I can't wait for the next releases :)!

stegosauria

On their Facebook site they wrote they hadn't decided yet about the Diprotodon's colour and they can consider outer suggestions. So if somebody have some idea about a super colour scheme for their Diprotodon don't hesitate to write that for them.

Shonisaurus

Between the color of the coat of the diprotodon it would put it of brown color or brown beige color like figure in the major pictorial reconstructions of that animal. It would be an excellent figure.  ^-^

Reptilia

I was just wondering what happened to that line, how many figures they have released so far?

suspsy

They've released a good many extant animals, all Australian, all mammals. Their latest ones are a family of wild horses. The Diprotodon is only their third extinct animal; I'm told they're hoping to get it out in the second part of 2018.

It's hard for a brand new company to get a strong foothold in this fiercely competitive world, so I doubt we'll be seeing any dinosaurs in the very near future. Keep your fingers crossed!
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Reptilia

I'd be very curious to see a dinosaur from them, I think this brand have the same potential of Eofauna. We'll see.

sauroid

just wondering about the scale of their figures?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Ravonium

Quote from: sauroid on January 11, 2018, 10:16:15 AM
just wondering about the scale of their figures?

From what I can gather, Southlands Replicas says that most of their figures (including both of their extinct animals) are in 1:15 scale, with their smallest figures in 1:12 scale.

I'm guessing the Diprotodon will be the former of the two scales.

sauroid

oh so bigger than CollectA's Deluxe prehistoric figures (@1:20 scale). too bad. :(
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

Jason from Minizoo told me that the diprotodon from soutlands replicas will be released this year but has not specified a date. I guess we'll have to wait.

On the facebook page of soutlands Replicas he commented that they are eager to produce the diprotodon.  :)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.