News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Southlands Replicas

Started by stargatedalek, November 16, 2016, 02:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Maybe I'm the only one, but I'd love to see some of the weirdos from Gogo Reef. Really happy to see a new player on the scene in any event!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Nanuqsaurus

This should be interesting! :D Australia has some really cool ancient megafauna.

terrorchicken

I think I like the thylacoleo even more than the thylacine! also I didnt know it was the biggest marsupial predator known, I figured something from South America would be bigger.

Southlands Replicas

Here's some images of the Thylacoleo..

Killekor

WOW! I don't get it only because dinosaurs interest me more than prehistoric mammals.

Predasaurskillekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Halichoeres

It's a really lovely piece! So these will be cast in PVC, rather than resin?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

terrorchicken

Im looking at pics of thylacoleo on google, is it thought to have been arboreal? There are alot of reconstructions depicting it on a tree limb or tree stump or coming down a tree.

Southlands Replicas

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 23, 2016, 05:30:15 PM
It's a really lovely piece! So these will be cast in PVC, rather than resin?
Yes in PVC. We've already had them manufactured and they'll be available for sale in around a week.

Quote from: terrorchicken on November 23, 2016, 06:40:53 PM
Im looking at pics of thylacoleo on google, is it thought to have been arboreal? There are alot of reconstructions depicting it on a tree limb or tree stump or coming down a tree.
Yes that's right. The claws and powerful front limbs suggest it was well equipped to climb. It may well have ambushed it's prey from above.

ItsTwentyBelow

Really cool, I really like these! You definitely know what you're doing, with the sculpting. Great job.

I'm planning on getting these two. What do we know about pricing?

Thylacoleo has always been an enigmatic and intriguing animal to me. Looking forward to future possible releases of diprotodon, giant kangaroo, Aussie dinosaurs, and dromornithids!

Southlands Replicas

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on November 24, 2016, 08:55:21 AM
Really cool, I really like these! You definitely know what you're doing, with the sculpting. Great job.

I'm planning on getting these two. What do we know about pricing?

Thylacoleo has always been an enigmatic and intriguing animal to me. Looking forward to future possible releases of diprotodon, giant kangaroo, Aussie dinosaurs, and dromornithids!

Pricing will be around the $8 USD mark... we'll have them available in a few days on www.minizoo.com.au with worldwide shipping.

.. and yes we'd love to explore more of the Aussie megafauna and beyond  :)

terrorchicken

Quote from: Southlands Replicas on November 24, 2016, 08:10:17 AM
Quote from: terrorchicken on November 23, 2016, 06:40:53 PM
Yes that's right. The claws and powerful front limbs suggest it was well equipped to climb. It may well have ambushed it's prey from above.

cool, so more like a marsupial leopard than a lion.  8)

ItsTwentyBelow

Excellent, very reasonable pricing! I just hope shipping from Australia isn't too much.

Please post once they are available.

Brontozaurus

I am absolutely going to get that Thylacoleo. Honestly amazed there's not more figures of it available; only one I can think of is the Yowie toy.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Southlands Replicas

We are very pleased to announce that Southlands figurines are now available worldwide. Price per figure is less than $7 USD. If you order the Thylacine and Thylacoleo the combined cost INCLUDING shipping to the USA is under $23 USD. Other countries and currencies also work out to be very reasonable.

Click here to view/order on MiniZoo's Southlands Replicas Page

Thanks very much and I hope you enjoy your new figures.
Jason

ItsTwentyBelow

Awesome, I've just put my order in for both figures. Can't wait to receive them!

Thanks so much for adding some nice diversity to the collecting world  :)

Halichoeres

I hope they sell like hotcakes!

terrorchicken

^well yeah but I also hope they dont run out b/c I wont be able to buy them until after the holidays. And I really want them. :(

Viergacht

I have GOT to get that Thylacoleo!!!

Verahin

Hope this line will be available from european retailers too, sooner or later. I like a lot the style of these first two figurines.

SBell

They've apparently sold pretty well for him already. I hope so--I just placed my first order for some in my store!

They will be about $11 CDN (so, roughly equivalent to the AUD price, and allowing for the postage!). And will of course follow the usual postage deals from there.

Small batch to start--because there are several more on the way, so I may as well plan to have future orders soon enough. Plus, you know, I haven't actually seen them in person yet. ;)

I will have both the Thylacoleo and Thylacine! I am super excited to start with this new line!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.