News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Faunacasts section of forum now an archive

Started by DinoToyForum, December 22, 2016, 03:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

With the exception of this thread, I've locked all of the topics in the Faunacasts section of the forum, which is now an archive of the defunct Faunacasts project.  C:-)

Simon

Malcolm's line was indeed a wonderful project for those of us who managed to secure some of his pieces. 

Its a shame he couldn't keep it going.  I don't think I've heard from him for over 2 years now ...

Takama

Anyone who owns one of his models is now in possession of Gold am i right?

Simon

Quote from: Takama on December 22, 2016, 07:36:07 PM
Anyone who owns one of his models is now in possession of Gold am i right?

That depends on how you define "gold".  In possession of some unique and beautifully crafted models, yes (disclaimer - I think I have almost all of them).

But if you mean "gold" in terms of value, given what I've seen on ebay lately, I doubt if you could get much more for them than what I paid for them.

That is probably because it was such a small line that few collectors even know about it, so there's no "buzz" that would drive prices up.

In any event, I am keeping mine (after some thoughts) because they are unique and beautiful, and because I considered Malcolm to be a friend (sadly, like everyone else here, I have lost touch with him, as he largely stopped replying to emails in recent years).

Blade-of-the-Moon

I last heard from him March of this year.  I'm still due 3 Compys all life size and a Torosaurus diorama.  I had hoped to order more picees from his 1:1 line for the park but 2 or more years is just too much. :/

Halichoeres

I really wish I'd joined this forum (and the hobby) a year earlier than I did so I could have gotten in on that Xiphactinus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Pachyrhinosaurus

It would have been nice to see Malcolm's line go on; there were so many good pieces. I haven't had the chance to have any, but it seemed like they were a nice middle-ground between a toy and a resin kit.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Honestly a good, soon to be popular comparison  I feel will be Safari's new Giganotosaurus, I swear if you put last theropods together with it you almost couldn't tell the difference in art style.

Takama

I only own ONE of these pieces, and because i never had the ability to buy any more of them, im trying to sell it for $100 at the most.

IT is the Original Parasaurolophus

EDIT: its now in the hands of a new owner

amargasaurus cazaui

It would seem I got in just under the wire so to speak and landed a parasaur and an Apatosaurus from Malcom which he did deliver nicely. The Apatosaur in particular I find rather pleasing myself.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

SBell

Just this last summer I was able to get 3 of the 4 models I had been waiting for--after 3 years. I have not given up hope for my Leedsichthys, I think it will still happen. I hope so at least. He had claimed that it was 'near ready' whatever that meant.

SBell

Apologies for the double post, but I just heard from Malcolm (I reached out again).

He has apparently been trying to ship out as he can...money issues. He lost his password to the forum which is part of why he wasn't posting much (there were life things happening).

But he is down to the 'big' parcels.Blade, Boki, Stoneage and me, plus a few others--the models are there, they just need to be sent.

And when he finally does that--he does have a few casts of everything that he will sell. But he won't until he has filled every outstanding order...

And he requested that the Fauna Casts posts be archived...I told him that it actually just happened.

So that's where we're at.

Pachyrhinosaurus

It's good to hear he's still on it.

Quote from: SBell on December 23, 2016, 12:36:46 PM
And when he finally does that--he does have a few casts of everything that he will sell. But he won't until he has filled every outstanding order...

I might not be too late to the party, then  :D.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

BlueKrono

Oh man... There are several that I want. Fingers crossed.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

DinoToyForum

Quote from: SBell on December 23, 2016, 12:36:46 PM
Apologies for the double post, but I just heard from Malcolm (I reached out again).

He has apparently been trying to ship out as he can...money issues. He lost his password to the forum which is part of why he wasn't posting much (there were life things happening).

But he is down to the 'big' parcels.Blade, Boki, Stoneage and me, plus a few others--the models are there, they just need to be sent.

And he requested that the Fauna Casts posts be archived...I told him that it actually just happened.

So that's where we're at.

I can always reset his password if he likes. Just tell him to drop me an email.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Received an email with the same info. Good to hear.

SBell

I should say--Malcolm only has a couple of each figure, and that will be it.

dinonikes

Hello its me Dinonikes.
I found my login info which was misplaced and I had forgotten it, one of the reasons it has been a million years since I've been here. I wont go into details about the past few years I wont make excuses. I apologize that things affected Fauna Casts and those of you who have been keeping the faith or have long lost it. I have been very slowly rectifying the past one package at a time. All of those of you on my list will find a package on your doorstep. I will reward those of you who have had to endure an insanely long wait.
I wanted to also explain what I am thinking regarding the future, (once i have completed filling my past obligations). I dont know if any collector would patronize my works at this point, but I do know that any future for this thing will have to take a much different direction. First off I am not going to personally deal with taking orders, this doesn't work for me. I have in the past sold some of my pieces on a consignment basis with Dans Dinosaurs. I touched base with him a while back about my selling through him like that again, he was open to it. I figure I can let him take care of getting finished pieces out into the world much better than I have been able to. I have a supply of raw castings that were made at the same time as the pieces that were ordered maybe an average of three of all of the issued pieces so far. i intend to send those to Dan once I am current on orders. I can make stuff send it to him let him deal with customer services.
I have all the molds, and will continue to make the pieces that you see on these threads still and have made quite a few new sculpts that are finished clay patterns that would be molded in the future. A few of those are Deinotherium, Steppe Mammoth, Triceratops, a new version of Inricotherium, and others as well. The last pieces that were actually molded were the Arctinus and the modern hyena I did.
I was recently thinking how it was Dec. 07, 2008 that I first posted here looking for ideas and feedback from members about my idea to sculpt my own line of prehistoric models. There was a lot of excitement and participation at the time. Since then a lot of member have come along that offer models for collectors, interaction wasnt the same as it was at first. I was at the end just making pieces, showing them finished a few comments like looks good or something like that. It just wasnt the same group collaborationg that it was at first. Just go back and read the original forum threads to see what I am talking about. That reads sort of negative or possibly bitter which is not the case at all i appreciate any reaction to my efforts- that is what any art is about at its basic level.
I want to thank you Adam for putting up with my shenanigans through the years, and providing me with an outlet for these works. I started making these not to make money or to have a business really, I made them because I love to do it. I will continue to do so in some fashion til I am extinct like these cool animals we all love. This sounds like a good bye but it wont be. i am just sort of putting a cork in this in some way.
Malcolm

Simon

Welcome back Malcolm!  Glad to hear you are keeping positive and as far as the new direction for Fauna Casts, I am all for it - would love to get one of the new models, whether from you or from Dan.

Takama

Ok so exactly what wil all be sent to Dan?  Will these include the Ceratosaurus Suchomimus and Both Sauropods?

I was about to get rid of my Parasaurolophus because i thoght i will never have a chance to get more to accompany it.     

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.