News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Fisher Price Imaginext Dino-Riders

Started by Rulon on the River, June 18, 2012, 11:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rulon on the River

Quote from: dinotoyforum on June 18, 2012, 10:05:13 PM
Rulon, it's down to you to bring the dino-riders board back to life!  :D
Well, i'm enjoying the Fisher Price Imaginext Dino-Riders and really hope this line takes off! I would LOVE if they made some RULONs in the Imaginext line. Who bought-out TYCO? If Mattel, than I wonder why they have not officially called this line Dino-Riders.
UPDATE: WikiPedia has this  "For the unrelated division of Mattel, see Tyco Toys." on the wrong Tyco page...so YEAH!!!
and according to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyco_Toys it is thus written
"Tyco was purchased by Mattel on March 27, 1997"
So, I guess these Imaginext Dino-Riders really ARE the modern reboot of the line. I don't have enough to go off of, since I never had any of the original, nor was really into it at the time. Anyone else here have more insight?

dinoridersworld.com

I don't know - I just can't seem to get into the Imaginext stuff - too childish (said the man who collects toys!) and not at all scientifically accurate.  Other than a general resemblance, i would not consider these to be the second coming of Dino Riders.  Mattel needs to do a proper reboot.  I suspect they will end up on Matty Collector one day.

Rulon on the River

i also didn't want these at first because they are too cutsie...but the concept was what grabbed me and sucked me in.
What do you mean they are not scientific? I'm sure there were plenty of bright blue and purple dinos back in the day! ;)

DinoToyForum

I decided this offshoot was worthy of its own topic, so I've split it into a new thread.

I'm not too familiar with the Imaginext dinoriders line myself. Pictures!

Rulon on the River

okay, i thought i was erased from history again.
I'll have to take some pix and share.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I clearly see how these are based on Dino-Riders..but for me I would prefer the older more realistic figures even if they are retro-ish. ;)

dinoridersworld.com

There's definitely a strong resemblance, no question.  The T Rex even comes with a "human" version of Krulos.  These are colorful and fun, no doubt.  But they are not Dino Riders.  I'll wait for the real deal . . .

Here are some stock pictures:

[attachment msg=11999][/attachment]

Rulon on the River

The human figures bother me, they have charlie brown heads. I don't like them. Their helmets remind me of MASK. They've had that HELMET concept since the first time i saw them in 1992, we had the castle sets that you can build and the police station which is perfect for the mini-TMNT figures.

Crystal Shard

The thing about the new toy line from Imaginext, it has it's good side and bad side, one i like the fact that they're trying to do it, and though it's not to the level of Dino-Riders, but nether was what came before, not many of you might recall a toy line that came out in 2005 that was, well the best i can call it a hip shot by a blind man, Dino Warriors, this was the total oposit of what Fisher-price did, the figures and creatures unfortunatly where very detailed, you have the good guys humanoids, (Neohumans) and you had the bad guys which i could best discribe as Ogre rejects from D&D. Again this toy line had it's good side and bad side, the good guys could almost pass as updated, punk, versions of the ice age tribes, and the bad guys could almost pass for,... a failed Rulon experiment. The bad side, yeah the things they ride not Dino's, well they were and they weren't you could see what they based the creatures off of but then they decided to play frankenstine with the designs.
   But let be get back to what i was saying about Imaginext, the new line is clearly Dino-Rider influanced, the Dino's alright little kid stuff, but still pretty neat, heck T-rex walks. Bad side of the line, yeah the pilots not really liking them, and as one person posted the helmets kind of remind me of Generation two of the mask from M.A.S.K.
    Now with that being said, if they would go back to the figure designs they used to have, as well as the old building sets of Imaginext then the series would be better, more human looking, or at least less like little target dumies for laser fire, and the building sets, well then child/ or those young at heart could make their own hero/villian strong hold to their desire, and change it if they wish to. instead of the pre-designed, no thought at all sets that kind of leaves a kid board after a while. (I have nieces and nephews that hate the new play sets) So i went out last month and hit every discount, thrift, and related store you could think of found what they had of the old sets and brought them to my place, My nieces and nephews came over and they went nuts, the castle/firehouse/mountain/ yeah i really have no idea of all the sets these piece came from but you get the idea, they loved building and making this base for their dino toys, and i found it highly amusing just watching them and explore their own imagination and it reminded me of when i was a kid and played with my Dino-riders, and other toys of that scale M.A.S.K./SHADOW STRIKERS/ SKY COMMANDERS.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.