News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Bullyland: new for 2017

Started by Takama, January 03, 2017, 08:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Not extinct. They are turning more and more to the comic side of figure business.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

ItsTwentyBelow

Ohhhhh, Bullyland has become so underwhelming. Such a disappointment, but not surprising after last year.

Libraraptor

Definitely a descent. While the new  Archaeopteryx is decent and okay, their Triceratops is absolutely NOT, it´s ridiculous and I am really disappointed to see Bullyland doing the same s**t Schleich has been doing for years now, namely releasing boring models of boooring species.
At the moment I am helping some forum members hunting down their fantastic Triassic figures and have these as a direct comparison to the upcoming releases. It´s really disappointing.

sauroid

hate to say this but that "archaeopteryx" looks like a badly made china-no-name chicken. the triceratops while being awful too, isnt as ridiculous looking.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

They have abandoned the juvenile line and collector to dedicate themselves to the line unfortunately. I long for its ancient figures without going any further three years ago they made the magnificent lambeosaurus.
It is a shame that a company that with its mistakes I liked has virtually abandoned its line of museum dinosaurs, is a great loss for those of us who are collectors of figures of toy dinosaurs.  :(

GasmaskMax

It is truly sad when a company essentially dies like this and soon falls out of relevance.  :'( *pipes plays softly*  :'(

CityRaptor

Well, they do not die, they just move more towards the comic market. Bullyland figures were not found in many German stores for a while, but that changed when they made more Disney and Pixar figures.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shonisaurus

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 06, 2017, 12:50:05 AM
Well, they do not die, they just move more towards the comic market. Bullyland figures were not found in many German stores for a while, but that changed when they made more Disney and Pixar figures.

Totally agree the line of cartoon figures report great benefits to Bullyland so it is logical to leave the line of serious toy dinosaurs (intended for both collectors and children) the case is that I commented a merchant that company He did not sell such figures.

On the other hand if the company Bullyland seems to have changed company and it should be that it was not going well financially and I guess that the new traders and entrepreneurs who currently run the brand decided to eliminate costs in production and decided not to redo dinosaurs Of collection independently that when it is changed of company or is sold the franchise is changed as is logical the philosophy as a result of the arrival of the new entrepreneurs.

DC

Last week Bullyland got new owners
You can never have too many dinosaurs

crankydinosaur

Quote from: DC on February 23, 2017, 12:38:14 AM

Maybe this means we'll get better stuff?

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 23, 2017, 11:09:27 PM
Quote from: sauroid on February 23, 2017, 02:53:20 AM
Quote from: crankydinosaur on February 23, 2017, 01:16:52 AM
Quote from: DC on February 23, 2017, 12:38:14 AM

Maybe this means we'll get better stuff?
or no stuff

Yeah, that strikes me as equally likely.

I get the impression that unfortunately the company of Bullyland is not economically good, when it changes so much owner.

Sigmasaurus

The Archaeopterex looks OK. But the Trike on the other hand, has the quality of a Chinasaur. It looks like something you could find an a local Dollar Store.

Shonisaurus

By the way in shop.modellpferdeversand.de already appear the archeopteryx and triceratops (miniatures) of Bullyland 2017 although they are not yet commercialized, I suppose that soon they will be available you pass the links:

Archeopteryx 2017 Bullyland, seems less bad than the prototype,

http://shop.modellpferdeversand.de/Bullyland-Figuren/2017-Bullyland-Neuheiten/Bullyland-61447-Medium-Archaeopteryx::10290.html

Triceratops 2017 Bullyland

http://shop.modellpferdeversand.de/Bullyland-Figuren/2017-Bullyland-Neuheiten/Bullyland-61446-Medium-Triceratops::10291.html

Roselaar

The Arch looks cute though not very accurate. It appears to have ball jointed arms, that would be neat.

The Trike is just dull as heck.

Libraraptor

Probably I´ll get the Archaeopteryx. It has got moveable wings and a certain charme, although it obviously has many flaws, too.

Takama

That Triceratops is baaaaaad :o

Faelrin

While it might not be accurate, I like the Archaeopteryx at least.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Reptilia

Agree on that Archaeopteryx looking kinda nice.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.