News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mojo Fun New for 2017

Started by Silvanusaurus, January 09, 2017, 05:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

On the official website and on Facebook Mojo Fun only talked about a new Tyrannosaurus for 2017, the one I showed:
http://www.mojofun.eu/product-category/figures/prehistoric-and-extinct/

The pictures of the bigger Rex and Allosaurus are from Monster House HK (from a recent toy exposition).

There isn't any official information from Mojo about a new Allosaurus or a big Tyrannosaurus yet...

juju1305

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on January 11, 2017, 02:08:35 PM
On the official website and on Facebook Mojo Fun only talked about a new Tyrannosaurus for 2017, the one I showed:

The pictures of the bigger Rex and Allosaurus are from Monster House HK (from a recent toy exposition).

There isn't any official information from Mojo about a new Allosaurus or a big Tyrannosaurus yet...

Their website has been updated. Both t-rexes and the allosaurus are up

Shonisaurus

Quote from: juju1305 on January 26, 2017, 11:58:44 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on January 11, 2017, 02:08:35 PM

Their website has been updated. Both t-rexes and the allosaurus are up

By the way in minizoo are going to be commercialized (in fact they are exposed) four new dinosaurs by Mojo and are in fact, an allosaurus and three tyrannosaurus one with articulated jaw (the other three I do not know if they have or not) two of them Are the same dinosaurs with different paint colors.

AcroSauroTaurus

The Allosaurus actually looks good, if I see it in a store I'll probably get one. Plus, its way better than any of Schleich's attempts.
I am the Dinosaur King!

sauroid

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on January 28, 2017, 05:22:52 AM
The Allosaurus actually looks good, if I see it in a store I'll probably get one. Plus, its way better than any of Schleich's attempts.
true that. and what is more annoying is Schleich knew that and dont give a ****. >.<

btw, i wonder if their Allo's the same size as Papo's? does anyone know?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: sauroid on January 28, 2017, 08:20:06 AM
true that. and what is more annoying is Schleich knew that and dont give a ****. >.<

I give you the reason the allosaurus Schleich is a "chestnut" is amazing that there are still people who support the toys of that company in absolute terms. Except for some honorable exceptions, they give much to be desired.

Going to the point allosaurus Mojo is superior in quality that the current allosaurus of the mentioned company, it remembers more to a figure of Papo (with its differences). That yes three tyrannosaurus on the part of Mojo and two equals with different paintings seems to me excessive. They could have made figures of dinosaurs darker than these.

TheRaptorSlayer

Agreed, the Allosaurus isn't half bad! I might get it as well some day. I don't like it as much as I like their prehistoric mammals, but it is still a decent figure.
So your world's benign?
So you think justice has a voice
And we all have a choice?
Well now your world is mine...
And I am fine...

Shonisaurus

Quote from: TheRaptorSlayer on January 28, 2017, 09:01:37 PM
Agreed, the Allosaurus isn't half bad! I might get it as well some day. I don't like it as much as I like their prehistoric mammals, but it is still a decent figure.

Of course the Moosa allosaurus is a figure that indicates that fortunately it is not a dead company or that it has thrown the towel still at the time of production of figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals as unfortunately has happened to Bullyland (which does not stop Be a pity).

terrorchicken

oh heck I think I like the Mojo allo and the hunting Rex more than Papo's allo and running Rex. Except I need to see more angles of the Rex, it has these weird "what I have seen cannot be unseen" startled eyes.  :o

AcroSauroTaurus

To me, the best Allosaurus Schleich ever made was the one for their Schleich Jr. line.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on January 29, 2017, 12:10:56 AM

To me, the best Allosaurus Schleich ever made was the one for their Schleich Jr. line.

On the other hand, regardless of the tastes that have on the figures of Schleich some figures from my point of view within what fits well done today as is the case of kentrosaurus or pentaceratops and others that I do not really like, Schleich since My point of view (if I wanted to) could be a leading company of dinosaurs, because artistic potential in relation to German sculptors has it to spare. One only has to look at Collecta's new sculptor that works of art has done in collaboration with the rest of Collecta's team led by Anthony Besson.

On the other hand Schleich has a potential of skeletons in his museums, among others (and with this leftovers) the Humbold museum of Berlin, to make authentic works of art. It is a pity that this company has that philosophy that does not convince me when it comes to making their prehistoric animals, although respectable not shared.

Leaving the subject to which the allosaurus Mojo pointed out in the two previous paragraphs and for which I am going to lie the tyrannosaurus of Mojo (although they are not scientists) they have very good look with their inaccuracies and the most important thing is that Mojo has not thrown the towel And that continues to resist and I value that very much. Above all, it should also be noted that such figures as the old ones have given them a new varnish of painting that is much more beautiful and exotic.

What I have doubts is whether the allosaurus and the two tyrannosaurus rex this year from Mojo have or not articulated jaws. It does not mention it in the catalog and it does not indicate it in sales stores like minizoo. I personally would celebrate it for the sake of tastes since as many members of the forum know I am not in favor of articulated jaws and articulated members in dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals.

Sigmasaurus

I'm gonna admit, that Allo is AWESOME!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Shonisaurus

The allosaurus and tyrannosaurus rex with articulated jaw are already available at www.minizoo.com.au In fact I have already ordered these figures, they are on the way.  :)

Lanthanotus

Thanks for letting us know, Shonisaurus, just saw the Allosaurus few days ago in an online shop (as of yet not in stock) and fell in love with it. Will wait until a German seller has it in stock, though,... last time I got something from overseas customs hold the package for almost four weeks before charging me additional fees.

tanystropheus

Quote from: terrorchicken on January 28, 2017, 11:40:36 PM
oh heck I think I like the Mojo allo and the hunting Rex more than Papo's allo and running Rex. Except I need to see more angles of the Rex, it has these weird "what I have seen cannot be unseen" startled eyes.  :o

The Allosaurus is quite nice. The Hunting Rex seems to be on par with the Schleich T-rex. It might be better but it's difficult to assess based on the images (weird camera angles) available. I'm actually impressed ---these newer Mojo models are an exponential improvement over their previous ones.

Silvanusaurus

Not gonna lie, that Allosaurus looks 'cooler' to me than Papo's.   

Roselaar

Oh dear, the Allosaur does look good. Perhaps Mojo is undergoing a Collecta style revamp? I wouldn't mind, my wallet would.

ZoPteryx

I'll hold off until I see more photos, but on the face of it, I agree that the Allosaurus is looking much better.  And the rexes also have a sort of neat monster vibe going on.

Takama

I do hope Mojo will give us more Dinosaurs on par with the new T.Rex and Allosaurus.     

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Takama on March 17, 2017, 11:05:18 PM
I do hope Mojo will give us more Dinosaurs on par with the new T.Rex and Allosaurus.   

I just received from www.minizoo.com.au the allosaurus and tyrannosaurus rex with articulated jaw of Mojo 2017.

I have to state that the allosaurus looks much better than the tyrannosaurus rex with articulated jaw and there are figures within which are Mojo theropods much better finished than the spinosaurus. On the other hand the material in which said figures are made are of soft and flexible rubber. Sorry for not having pictures of my figures since for my misfortune I do not have a modern mobile phone, but everything I say about the material is true.

On the other hand are much smaller their figures than I thought, but honestly in the case of the Moosa allosaurus I do not do any disgust, but on the contrary I do not think it is wrongly done as I have already said.

At first they cost a lot to stand up but then on a smooth basis they are kept without problems. I hope this helps to help people who are interested in new Mojo products.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.