News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mojo Fun New for 2017

Started by Silvanusaurus, January 09, 2017, 05:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Everything_Dinosaur

Everything Dinosaur has added all the Mojo Fun "Prehistoric and Extinct" models to its product range. We now stock Mojo, including the Quagga, Brontotherium, Thylacine, Deinotherium, new T. rex replicas and so forth.  In total, there are 31 models in the series.

You can see all the Mojo prehistoric animals and extinct models here: Mojo Fun "Prehistoric and Extinct"

sauroid

the Mojo Allo looks great in pics and video reviews but when im about to buy it in the store, my mind always changes (doesnt look as awesome in the pics/vids idk why, or maybe it's the size, the rubbery material or the sloppily painted teeth).
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

As I prefer rubber or soft plastic to hard or semi-rigid plastic sincerely. I am very happy with the Mojo 2017 novelties, his tyrannosaurus especially are quite well and is a remarkable improvement over his predecessors.

Kaprosaurus

I think their velociraptor is a part time rocker,guess Mojo doesn't give him that much money in posing for figures.The Quagga looks amazing.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Kaprosaurus on June 15, 2017, 10:05:55 AM
I think their velociraptor is a part time rocker,guess Mojo doesn't give him that much money in posing for figures.The Quagga looks amazing.

The quagga is fine but the thylacinus is still better.

Reptilia

For those interested in the new Mojo figures here's a video about the Allosaurus, with some comparison with the T-Rex too. They are indeed quite rubbery and flexible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym34MDsXBRc

AcroSauroTaurus

That can't be it, it looks nothing like the stock image... If it is, I'm disappointed...
I am the Dinosaur King!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on June 16, 2017, 07:02:24 AM
That can't be it, it looks nothing like the stock image... If it is, I'm disappointed...

I have it and I am not disappointed. I prefer dinosaurs that are made of rubber or a material resistant to blows or abrasions to dinosaurs that may even be well made but that due to the rigidity of the plastic with any fall causes breaks, abrasions or wear and tear.

terrorchicken

I like the allo but I really dont like the Trex now, especially the head. The flexibility is weird, I hope it doesnt cause warping issues.

Lanthanotus

Thanks for the video link, Shonisaurus.

I somewhat agree with AcroSaurusTaurus, the stock image gives me a complete different impression from the figure and its pose. Nevertheless I like it. The feet may be a bit on the large side, but overall it seems to be a quite good figure, that I'll gladly add it to my collcetion.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Lanthanotus on June 16, 2017, 10:49:12 PM
Thanks for the video link, Shonisaurus.

I somewhat agree with AcroSaurusTaurus, the stock image gives me a complete different impression from the figure and its pose. Nevertheless I like it. The feet may be a bit on the large side, but overall it seems to be a quite good figure, that I'll gladly add it to my collcetion.

In any case you must thank Reptilia. He has been the one who has introduced the allosaurus video.

Lanthanotus

Oh, indeed true, my bad, sorry... honor to whom honor belongs, thanks Reptilia for linking that video :)

sauroid

i really dont mind the rubbery material, im disappointed in the way the teeth/mouth is painted (at least the ones i see in stores), let me point out that the figure in the video looks almost flawlessly painted.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tanystropheus

The Allo would look pretty palatable if it is repainted in the Papo color scheme.

There's really no point getting these Allosaurus models now, especially with the WS version right around the corner.

Jose S.M.

Quote from: tanystropheus on June 17, 2017, 04:13:35 PM

There's really no point getting these Allosaurus models now, especially with the WS version right around the corner.

I hope your words become the truth hehe

Takama

I found the Sculptor of the tyrannosaurus and Allosaurus

http://revenant-99.deviantart.com/

BlueKrono

Quote from: Takama on June 18, 2017, 01:00:34 AM
I found the Sculptor of the tyrannosaurus and Allosaurus

http://revenant-99.deviantart.com/

Thanks for the link Takama! Seems rather horror-oriented in his dinosaurs and dragons, but his apes and that stunning crocodile are really impressive. Good human sculptor too.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Lanthanotus

Thanks for the link,.... that croc in the gallery reminds me of CollectA's leaping Nile croc 88725.

Carnosaur

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on June 17, 2017, 04:46:45 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on June 17, 2017, 04:13:35 PM

I hope your words become the truth hehe

WS Version? any photos?
I have the Mojo Allosaurus, and i do like it despite the huge feet its a nice figure and because it's smaller than the Papo Allo. It goes well with my CollectA Stegosaurus carcass.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.