News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Walking With Dinosaurs

Started by MaastrichtianGuy, January 09, 2017, 09:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaastrichtianGuy

so all of you guys know that the Walking With Dinosaurs movie by Fox is bad.like really bad so as for that im gonna show you the real show to you so here it is Walking With Dinosaurs released in 1999 in BBC in the UK and narrated by Kenneth Branagh as this six part chapter program explores ancient life of the Mesozoic Era, portraying dinosaurs and their contemporaries in the style of a traditional nature documentary

1.New Blood:220 million years ago, Late Triassic (Arizona)
Filming location: New Caledonia
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvbwai_walking-with-dinosaurs-new-blood_shortfilms

Coelophysis

Thrinaxodon

Peteinosaurus

Placerias

Plateosaurus

Postosuchus

MaastrichtianGuy

2.Time of the Titans:152 million years ago, Late Jurassic (Colorado)
Filming location: California State Parks, Chile, Tasmania, New Zealand
www.dailymotion.com/video/x2n805e

Allosaurus

Brachiosaurus

Diplodocus

Anurognathus

Ornitholestes

Stegosaurus

Protoanthus

Dryosaurus

Othnielia

MaastrichtianGuy

3.Cruel Sea:149 million years ago, Late Jurassic (Oxfordshire England)
Filming location: The Bahamas, New Caledonia
www.dailymotion.com/video/x2n81vu
Cryptoclidus

Eustreptospondylus

Hybodus

Liopleurodon

Ophthalmosaurus

Rhamphorhynchus

Perisphinctes

Leptolepis

MaastrichtianGuy

4.Giant of the Skies:127 million years ago, Early Cretaceous (Brazil, South Dakota,England and Cantabria)
Filming location: New Zealand, Tasmania
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3d6g13
Dakotadon or the North American Iguanodon

the European Iguanodon

Tropeognathus or Ornithocheirus

Polacanthus

Tupandactylus or Tapejara

Utahraptor

Iberomesornis

Caulkicephalus

Plesiopleurodon

Saurophthirus

MaastrichtianGuy

5.Spirits of the Ice Forest:106 million years ago, Middle Cretaceous (Antarctica/Australia)
Filming location: New Zealand
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3d7x80
Australovenator or the Polar or Dwarf Allosaur

Koolasuchus

Leallynasaura

Muttaburrasaurus

Steropodon

MaastrichtianGuy

6.Death of a Dynasty:65.5 million years ago, Late Cretaceous (Montana)
Filming location: Chile, New Zealand
www.dailymotion.com/video/x3moziw

Tyrannosaurus Rex

Ankylosaurus

Edmontosaurus or Anatotitan

Torosaurus

Quetzalcoatlus

Dinilysia

Didelphodon

Deinosuchus

Dromaeosaurus

Thescelosaurus

Triceratops

SpartanSquat

I never notice the teeth in the Quetzalcoatlus model

Neosodon

It's been 18 years and still no documentary being anywhere close to as good.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Flaffy

No one likes the FOX WWD3D.
That thing deserves to be killed in fire.

Jose S.M.

I recently re-watched this series, and I agree, no other dinosaur documentary has made an impact on me like this one, even with it's innacuracies it's still beautifully made and awe inspiring. My favorite episode it's the Diplodocus one, specially the last scenes.

stargatedalek

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on January 10, 2017, 02:31:14 AM
No one likes the FOX WWD3D.
That thing deserves to be killed in fire.
Uncalled for.

I for one liked that movie a lot, but I guess I didn't have high expectations.

It may sound shallow, but I place a lot on production value and visual impression, which WWD3D has in spades.

Additionally, it is still the most aesthetically accurate dinosaur documentary by a long shot. Even despite the incorrect ceratopsian feet, Quetzalcoatlus proportions, and naked tyrannosaurs.

The Atroxious

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 10, 2017, 05:57:13 AM
Uncalled for.

It may sound shallow, but I place a lot on production value and visual impression, which WWD3D has in spades.

Additionally, it is still the most aesthetically accurate dinosaur documentary by a long shot. Even despite the incorrect ceratopsian feet, Quetzalcoatlus proportions, and naked tyrannosaurs.

Aesthetically accurate and incredibly well animated, but regardless, I agree with Flaffy Raptors (except that no one likes it, since obviously at least one person does). That movie irritated me beyond belief. It is the perfect example of why nature documentaries should not be retooled to make the animals more humanlike and "relatable" in the middle of production.

Flaffy

The problem is that that 'movie' could've been so much more if the silly FOX people didn't decide to jab in.
I believe the people who knew the history of the movie is just as disappointed as I am.
FOX WWD3D is the movie version of Spore. It was hyped up to be a scientifically accurate educational piece, and in the end, ended up like... that.

SpartanSquat

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 10, 2017, 05:57:13 AM

Remember those models that Krentz made it were made it in the same year as Dinosaur Revolution 2011. Probably some things werent state that year.

utd7

Greatest ever dinosaur documentary, beautifully produced and narrated by the great Kenneth Branagh. Sadly we will never see another documentary like it as it was apparently hugely expensive to produce with the exotic location shooting and the animatronics and I think we do deserve a series 2 WWD but knowing the current state of the BBC we will never get it.

I did love Planet Dinosaur though but there is something about WWD that elevates it, possibly nostalgia.
We live in a Jurassic World

Derek.McManus

WWD 3D make my son cry when the daddy dinosaur died. I actually feel asleep watching it.

The original Walking with dinosaurs was ground breaking I have fond memories of the Ballad of big Al and watching it at Christmas!

utd7

My personal favourite episodes were Cruel Sea and Time of the Titans,the visuals in those episodes is something spectacular. Least favourite must be Death of a Dynasty, maybe because of the setting which I really did not like and the T-Rex design never amazed me but still watching these sure brings good old memories.

Even the other spin offs were great like Walking with Beasts and with Monsters and the chased by dinosaurs and sea monsters presented by Nigel Marven.
We live in a Jurassic World

PumperKrickel

deleted

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: SuperiorSpider on January 14, 2017, 01:41:08 PM
I have yet to watch the series in english, I only ever saw the dubbed version.

Usually I saw the dubbed version too.
But recently I found this and immediately I bought it:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00EISNNYU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

DVD Boxset with the original WWD + The Ballad of Big Al + Land of Giants (featuring Nigel Marven) + The Giant Claw (featuring Nigel Marven).
All for 6,99£ ( 8,5USD ).
It definitively worths the price.
^-^

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.