News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

PNSO new for 2017

Started by acro-man, January 10, 2017, 07:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acro-man

Don't know if newbie members like me can open up a new topic here.
If this topic is violating any rules, please delete.
If not, well, here it is:

1/35 T-rex Wilson

We are happy that the accompanying booklet is finally ready - months after the sculpt was done.
As for the release date?
Better take those "right about to be released" rumors as a joke.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

sauroid

beautiful! thanks for sharing. yes, you are allowed and welcome to post new releases here. thanks again. :)

my only nitpick: i wish they didnt name their models at all. i find it kinda cheesy/tacky.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Takama

Quote from: sauroid on January 10, 2017, 07:17:32 AM
beautiful! thanks for sharing. yes, you are allowed and welcome to post new releases here. thanks again. :)

my only nitpick: i wish they didnt name their models at all. i find it kinda cheesy/tacky.

I like it when they name them. I named my one of a Kind models. But i never resort too some stupid stuff like "Wind Hunter" or "Sentry" like a certain other company does(which BTW seems to be influencing PNSO it seems)

The Atroxious

Quote from: Takama on January 10, 2017, 07:35:11 AM
I like it when they name them. I named my one of a Kind models. But i never resort too some stupid stuff like "Wind Hunter" or "Sentry" like a certain other company does(which BTW seems to be influencing PNSO it seems)

I'd rather have "Wind Hunter" and "Sentry" for names than "Wilson". The latter is far too human for me to take it seriously as a name for any dinosaur that's not a captive bird. The former sound more like titles, or if we're going to go the anthropomorphic route, translations of what the dinosaur is called by members of its own species.

sauroid

back to the main topic:

another gripe:
wishing the Triceratops was made 1:35 to match this rex. oh well.

is the T. rex made of vinyl btw? with articulated jaw (i see a shut mouth pic but just want to verify)? also, available in two different color scheme?

i cant wait for more announcements. crossing fingers that PNSO will stick to the popular 1:35-1:40 scale
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

ceratopsian

I'm not a lover of naming dinosaurs (other than by their scientific name).  However, if a model that I buy has a "human" name, I simply ignore it and sort of pretend it doesn't exist, which keeps me quite happy.

What a well-sculpted base on this T. rex!  It looks full of interest.  I like the colour scheme of the beast too.  However, I'll probably skip this model when it appears - I have rather too many T. rex specimens already and space is not limitless.

Flaffy

I'm sorry... it was impossible not to  ;D
Perfectly fine for new members to open new topics, as long as they fit into the rules.

That rex looks stunning! Not that I need any more rexes in my collection, still a nice model to have. Hopefully the production pieces will have the same level of quality.
I was hoping the trike will be similar in style, as in it would have a nice little base and an articulated jaw.

tanystropheus

It seems that PNSO have gone the REBOR route, style, bases, presentation and all. Plus, they are an art company just like REBOR.

Flaffy

I wouldn't really compare Rebor to PNSO, PNSO care's about scientific accuracy while Rebor doesn't.

tanystropheus

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on January 10, 2017, 08:55:57 AM
I wouldn't really compare Rebor to PNSO, PNSO care's about scientific accuracy while Rebor doesn't.

It seems that way, but this T-rex has some serious awesomebro vibes going on.

Silvanusaurus

Looks like a very well done figure, but it isnt something i'm particularly interested in coming from PNSO. I would have loved to see them do something less menacing and monstrous, maybe even placid and noble like their Huanghetitan, but its of-course always far too much to ask that T rex look like a naturalistic animal when it could instead be trying it's hardest to scare everything in sight.

Dobber

I like it. Great featherless Rex. Hopefully the paint will be better on this one then my Trike. So it's still going to be a while for this one, darn.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

MLMjp

Amazing. I would love to have one in my collection as the "scaly Tyrannosaurus" but I think I will pass because I already have to much things to get.

Jose S.M.

I really like it, probably won't get it soon but I think is one of the best scaly Tyrannosaurus.

suspsy

It's superior to the Papo T. rexes, but I imagine it'll be too expensive for my collection.

I'm more interested in seeing what new miniatures are coming out.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Halichoeres

I'd like to see some sauropods from PNSO in this scale. Thanks for the update, acro-man!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Reptilia

Scaly rexes are out of fashion, but at least PNSO made it more fleshy and credible than their hideously shrink wrapped sauropods. I still can't find any PNSO model appealing, the visible seams and the fact that they are made of hollow plastic definitely put me off. And also the gigantic size does not help.

Joey

That's one amazing model, although at least a little feathering would be nice to make this model more accurate.

Joey

Quote from: JoeytheDeinocheirus on January 11, 2017, 02:30:49 AM
That's one amazing model, although at least a little feathering would be nice to make this model more accurate.

Also, wait doesn't PNSO already have a T-Rex?

Takama

Quote from: The Atroxious on January 10, 2017, 08:27:47 AM
Quote from: Takama on January 10, 2017, 07:35:11 AM

I'd rather have "Wind Hunter" and "Sentry" for names than "Wilson". The latter is far too human for me to take it seriously as a name for any dinosaur that's not a captive bird. The former sound more like titles, or if we're going to go the anthropomorphic route, translations of what the dinosaur is called by members of its own species.

Perhaps im the only one who names there Dinosaurs as if they were Pets/Individuals at a Zoo

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.