News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

PNSO new for 2017

Started by acro-man, January 10, 2017, 07:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Reptilia on January 11, 2017, 02:03:26 AM
Scaly rexes are out of fashion, but at least PNSO made it more fleshy and credible than their hideously shrink wrapped sauropods. I still can't find any PNSO model appealing, the visible seams and the fact that they are made of hollow plastic definitely put me off. And also the gigantic size does not help.

I like em' just because they are huge and lightweight lol  In all honesty I haven't found the seams to be all that visible.

Quote from: JoeytheDeinocheirus on January 11, 2017, 02:30:49 AM
That's one amazing model, although at least a little feathering would be nice to make this model more accurate.
Maybe, recall we don't have 100% proof of feathers on T-Rex, though it could have.

Quote from: JoeytheDeinocheirus on January 11, 2017, 02:37:35 AM
Quote from: JoeytheDeinocheirus on January 11, 2017, 02:30:49 AM
That's one amazing model, although at least a little feathering would be nice to make this model more accurate.

Also, wait doesn't PNSO already have a T-Rex?

Yes a rather..ugly one. This one seems much better.

Quote from: Takama on January 11, 2017, 02:42:25 AM
Quote from: The Atroxious on January 10, 2017, 08:27:47 AM
Quote from: Takama on January 10, 2017, 07:35:11 AM
I like it when they name them. I named my one of a Kind models. But i never resort too some stupid stuff like "Wind Hunter" or "Sentry" like a certain other company does(which BTW seems to be influencing PNSO it seems)

I'd rather have "Wind Hunter" and "Sentry" for names than "Wilson". The latter is far too human for me to take it seriously as a name for any dinosaur that's not a captive bird. The former sound more like titles, or if we're going to go the anthropomorphic route, translations of what the dinosaur is called by members of its own species.

Perhaps im the only one who names there Dinosaurs as if they were Pets/Individuals at a Zoo

Nah, I name many of the ones here in the Park,  Al , Stan, Suki, Paulo, Spike,Jet, Julia, Faye , Vicious and Ed ( bonus points if you recognize the last 6 ;) )

Simon

This TRex is rocking a SERIOUS "Godzilla 1955" vibe - kind of a mad-dog look, captures the feeling of absolute terror it must have been to be staring this guy eye to eye in real life.

I'll leave the comments on scientific accuracy to others (looks pretty good to me in that regard), but on the artistic front its a 10/10 in my book!

Plan on getting BOTH color variants!  Hooked on PNSO (despite the various different scales of their releases).  These things are like Picassos being sold for $49.99 - you can't pass them up!!!!   ;) ;) ;)

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 11, 2017, 03:01:58 AM
Nah, I name many of the ones here in the Park,  Al , Stan, Suki, Paulo, Spike,Jet, Julia, Faye and Ed ( bonus points if you recognize the last 5 ;) )
What, no Ein? ;)
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on January 11, 2017, 05:37:41 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 11, 2017, 03:01:58 AM
Nah, I name many of the ones here in the Park,  Al , Stan, Suki, Paulo, Spike,Jet, Julia, Faye , Vicious and Ed ( bonus points if you recognize the last 6 ;) )
What, no Ein? ;)

ah got your bp here!  lol 

I do have an unamed baby Raptor in there that Faye is feeding but it didn't feel right...I considered making a small prehistoric mammal to go with them but..well.. small furry critter, 6 hungry raptors..not good. lol

Dinomike

Wow! It looks cool! Just received my Chungkingosaurus for Xmas and I'm very pleased with it. However, this will be a pass as it doesn't have feathers. The look of a feathered Rexy has grown on me and I still need to get the totally awesome new Safari one!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

dinosaurdungeon

Quote from: Dinomike on January 11, 2017, 08:03:56 PM
Wow! It looks cool! Just received my Chungkingosaurus for Xmas and I'm very pleased with it. However, this will be a pass as it doesn't have feathers. The look of a feathered Rexy has grown on me and I still need to get the totally awesome new Safari one!

I also get the Chungkingosaurus, and was blown away by the detail!! I can't wait to get more! As far as the Rex goes, I'm not a big fan, but I like the rest of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLgvtbxcLmQ

Simon

THIS angle really knocks it out of the park for me - I honestly cannot recall being this excited by another comparably-sized TRex sculpture - this bad boy is "bringing it ALL" to the table for me (personally have no problem with no feathers as I doubt that a full grown adult would have had any):

Accuracy;

Gnarliness;

Bulk;

Meanness;

A perfect TRex sculpt if there ever was one ...

Takama

Quote from: Simon on January 12, 2017, 01:38:29 AM
THIS angle really knocks it out of the park for me - I honestly cannot recall being this excited by another comparably-sized TRex sculpture - this bad boy is "bringing it ALL" to the table for me (personally have no problem with no feathers as I doubt that a full grown adult would have had any):

Accuracy;

Gnarliness;

Bulk;

Meanness;

A perfect TRex sculpt if there ever was one ...

It is certainly everything that we wished Rebors T.rex was. Maybe more.

As much as im tempted, im going to wait and see if other models are slated for this line.

Flaffy

I hope they put something between it's legs. (*cough* Rebor ceratosaurus *cough*)
While I do appreciate if a rex model had feathers, I certainly do not mind a bare skinned or scaly rex as long as they pull it off, PNSO certainly did. No room for JP clones here.

Simon

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 11, 2017, 12:03:27 AM
I'd like to see some sauropods from PNSO in this scale. Thanks for the update, acro-man!

Well, I think that two of them alredy are in that scale - the Huyanghetitan titanosaurus and the other rearing sauropod.

Simon

This aerial photo also shows the mind-blowing accuracy of this model - outside of the moveable jaw (which looks better open than closed to me, accuracy-wise) - this model is the best depiction of a TRex I have ever seen - full-bodied, no "shrinkwrapping", no "emaciated torso", making plenty of room for the pubis bone and the gastralia ribs...and the paint job is very believable and well done - this animal would have had to have browns and darks dominant in the color scheme given the environment it lived in ...

Flaffy

Is the articulated rex model in scale with the triceratops?
Also, someone please do a comparison with the trike when this beauty is released.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Simon on January 12, 2017, 02:21:10 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on January 11, 2017, 12:03:27 AM
I'd like to see some sauropods from PNSO in this scale. Thanks for the update, acro-man!

Well, I think that two of them alredy are in that scale - the Huyanghetitan titanosaurus and the other rearing sauropod.

I have those and my measurements suggest they are no smaller than 1:25 (more like 1:18 for the Huanghetitan), although they could stand in for larger species easily and be roughly 1:35.

This is probably the best interpretation of scaly rex that I've seen, though, I agree. The beefy tail in particular caught my eye.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

sauroid

this rex could be the most accurate plastic representation to date, feathers or not (this and the new WS one, respectively). i just hope this is a solid plastic figure and not hollow.
regarding its "monstrous" pose/appearance etc. i dont think it is being that at all. most reptiles and birds regularly open their mouths for an extended length of time even when not feeding, and most top of the food chain animals have hooded eyes.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

ceratopsian

It really looks very tempting, the more I look at it.  And it will probably stay standing - my Wild Safari feathered T. rex arrived this week with a badly warped leg and wouldn't stand for more than a second or two!

ceratopsian

I have just idly checked amazon.co.uk and there it is!  However, the price might give one cause to pause before pressing "buy".  The T. rex is priced at £109.99 with free UK delivery.  There is currently a 20% discount on PNSO orders over £49 but even so....  The size is listed as 37cm x 15cm x 5cm.   Here's the link for further details, e.g. book in Chinese and postcards that come with it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PNSO-Dinosaurs-Stories-Marking-Tyrannosaurus/dp/B01MR4T145/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1484218268&sr=8-8&keywords=pnso+dinosaurs

Flaffy

£109.99 is just outrageous.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on January 12, 2017, 11:03:47 AM

...honestly I never thought that its price could be lesser than that...  ::)

ceratopsian

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on January 12, 2017, 12:23:57 PM
Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on January 12, 2017, 11:03:47 AM

...honestly I never thought that its price could be lesser than that...  ::)

I thought it would be dearer than the Triceratops but perhaps around £60 to £70.

MLMjp

And to think Rebor was expensive....
PNSO are basically doing the same as Rebor but without the unprofessional actitude and caring about accuraccy. (Which is good, I always thought that they can become their "good equivalent").But in my opinion there is no way that thing is worth 109 pounds wich in euros will be even more.
If every single figure from this line is going to be as overpriced as this then goodbye to PNSO

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.