News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO new for 2017

Started by acro-man, January 10, 2017, 07:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

A while ago, acro-man made a thread about a PNSO exhibition.  Some of these new models appear to be for-sale versions of models in that exhibition.  Photos of models in the exhibition can be seen by following links in the first post of the thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4805.0

Quote from: BlueKrono on April 20, 2017, 03:53:57 PM
Never seen a mosasaur with a dorsal fin before. They trading anatomy with Shonisaurus?

As mentioned in this thread http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2287.0 the only mosasaur specimen that shows the outline of a tail fluke also shows the outline of the limb fins, but it doesn't show a dorsal fin even though its back is preserved.  What I've seen seems to suggest it's unlikely mosasaurs and Shonisaurus had a dorsal fin.

The Prognathodon specimen that shows the outline of a tail fluke can be seen here: https://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms3423

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: BlueKrono on April 21, 2017, 06:21:25 PM
I like how they blur the hand out, as if that could be used to ID someone over a computer screen.

You never know, there could be some pretty high profile hand models in the biz... this could go deeper than we can possibly imagine...

BlueKrono

I'm glad the scientific consensus seems to support that. I don't mind tail flukes, but dorsal fins make aquatic reptiles look too cetacean for my tastes - the main reason I don't collect ichthyosaurs, other than dorsal-finless ones like PNSO's mini.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Sim

Quote from: Dino8me1 on April 21, 2017, 01:02:51 AM
Mamenchisaurus comparing in size to the first set of PNSO

It seems to be lightweight.

I don't think those two are the same figure.  They seem to match two different sauropod sculpts seen in this post: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4503.msg168545#msg168545 

Quote from: Dino8me1 on April 21, 2017, 01:02:51 AM
More pictures of Sinosauropteryx and Microraptor taken from different angle.

More close-up picture for misterious stegosaur (maybe Huayangosaurus as you guess ? or Toujiangosaurus ? since the forelimbs are shorter than the hindlimbs).
Yanchaunosaurus seems to be unable to stand on its own legs without base.

The stegosaur in the first photo is a different sculpt to the one in the second photo.  The one in the first photo looks like Huayangosaurus, but the one in the second photo doesn't.

Loon

Man, these are looking nice. Been meaning to pick up some PNSOs for a while now, but I can't seem to be able to find any at a reasonable price, and that doesn't require a paypal account. Could anyone please point me to where I could find these guys and pay with a card?

ZoPteryx

These are phenomenal looking!  Not a huge fan of the spikes all over the allosauroids, but otherwise they look good.  The sauropods are exceptionally beautiful!  I find it funny that the Sinosauropteryx is in the "death pose" of the most famous specimen.  :))  The sauropod in the hand may be Omeisaurus (or whatever's been referred to this taxon in the past), as it seems to poses a tail club.

Quote from: Sim on April 21, 2017, 09:21:18 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on April 20, 2017, 03:53:57 PM
Never seen a mosasaur with a dorsal fin before. They trading anatomy with Shonisaurus?

As mentioned in this thread http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2287.0 the only mosasaur specimen that shows the outline of a tail fluke also shows the outline of the limb fins, but it doesn't show a dorsal fin even though its back is preserved.  What I've seen seems to suggest it's unlikely mosasaurs and Shonisaurus had a dorsal fin.

The Prognathodon specimen that shows the outline of a tail fluke can be seen here: https://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms3423

I'd be curious if the model is meant to represent Plotosaurus, based on its elongated pectoral flippers.  A dorsal fin might be likely in this more derived form.

ceratopsian

Quote from: Sim on April 21, 2017, 11:36:40 PM

I don't think those two are the same figure.  They seem to match two different sauropod sculpts seen in this post: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4503.msg168545#msg168545 

The stegosaur in the first photo is a different sculpt to the one in the second photo.  The one in the first photo looks like Huayangosaurus, but the one in the second photo doesn't.

I suppose we need to remember that PNSO hasn't provided a release schedule or publicity shots (as far as we know).  We aren't sure exactly what is a photo of something that's been put into mass production.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Loon on April 22, 2017, 03:49:29 AM
Man, these are looking nice. Been meaning to pick up some PNSOs for a while now, but I can't seem to be able to find any at a reasonable price, and that doesn't require a paypal account. Could anyone please point me to where I could find these guys and pay with a card?

I recommend that you buy in DejanKinds (Dean Walker) or in Dansdinosaurs (although for now it does not have many stocks of those figures). Buying for eBay is a delay as they hold the merchandise in the customs as it happens in my nation and I do not think it is the exception.

On the other hand I share with you that the PNSO dinosaurs are too expensive. I would buy them if they took up less space and were cheaper. I prefer to save and buy figures from Collecta, Papo, Rebor, Mojo, Favorite or Kaiyodo as more immediate, apart from the kentrosaurus Schleich 2017.

Those of PNSO in case that I arrive the merchandise that I have ordered will buy over time those of small size. The big ones can wait are not affordable neither by space nor by price. You have to have a lot of money and a big mansion to have those figures, honestly speaking.

Sim

Quote from: BlueKrono on April 21, 2017, 10:26:48 PM
I'm glad the scientific consensus seems to support that. I don't mind tail flukes, but dorsal fins make aquatic reptiles look too cetacean for my tastes - the main reason I don't collect ichthyosaurs, other than dorsal-finless ones like PNSO's mini.

I don't know a lot about dorsal fins in ichthyosaurs, but a number of ichthyosaurs definitely have dorsal fins since they are preserved in fossils of those species.  For ichtyosaurs, I've read it seems unlikely dorsal fins were present in shastasaurids, including Shonisaurus.  I guess some other more basal ichthyosaurs didn't have dorsal fins too.  It seems dorsal fins were widespread in ichthyosaurs.

Quote from: ZoPteryx on April 22, 2017, 06:32:49 AM
The sauropod in the hand may be Omeisaurus (or whatever's been referred to this taxon in the past), as it seems to poses a tail club.

Mamenchisaurus hochuanensis also has a tail club, so it seems to me that figure could a species of Mamenchisaurus as well.

Quote from: ZoPteryx on April 22, 2017, 06:32:49 AM
I'd be curious if the model is meant to represent Plotosaurus, based on its elongated pectoral flippers.  A dorsal fin might be likely in this more derived form.

It looks like the model is identified as Mosasaurus in the PNSO exhibition, as seen in one of the photos here: https://tieba.baidu.com/p/4649028139

stargatedalek

I could picture a dorsal fin in more derived Mosasaurs. They weren't particularly rotund so unless they were death-rolling they could have benefited from the stability.

Jetdin

wow i would definitely get the mamenchisaurus, spinosaurus and yangchuanosaurus!

ceratopsian

A few more shots of a PNSO Amargasaurus have appeared on Facebook (but not on PNSO's site), among them these:

Shonisaurus

It's the best amargasaurus I've seen in the toy market so far. I hope Dejankinds can bring it to his store. Although it costs money this dinosaur is worth having.

This shows that the PNSO company is becoming one of the best companies worldwide for replicas of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals both scientific and artistic.

This amargasaurus surpasses all previous expectations within the toy market.  8)

ceratopsian

It looks very exciting to me too.

Sim

It's too bad they seem to have put a white dot in the Amargasaurus's eyes, like they did for the Mandschurosaurus.  It seems to me this doesn't really fit with making a replica that's supposed to look realistic.

Jose S.M.

The Amargasaurus looks really good. It has a nice pattern.of cord on it's head and neck, and a calm expression.

Rain

Wow, I need that Amargasaurus and Spinosaurus

Shonisaurus

The minis and the gigantoraptor are also very attractive dinosaurs. Does anyone know when they will be available in an online store?

ceratopsian

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 23, 2017, 06:20:48 PM
The minis and the gigantoraptor are also very attractive dinosaurs. Does anyone know when they will be available in an online store?

Sadly I have found no information on release dates.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Sim on April 23, 2017, 01:12:33 PM
It's too bad they seem to have put a white dot in the Amargasaurus's eyes, like they did for the Mandschurosaurus.  It seems to me this doesn't really fit with making a replica that's supposed to look realistic.
Yes, the same effect can be achieved with actual gloss and it looks much better.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: