News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

odd, barely new Dinotales set of 5 due in December

Started by brettnj, August 09, 2018, 03:41:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brettnj

It just occurred to me as I was thinking about which of these I'll want to buy (I only collect what I like/love.) that the reason for the tarbo rerelease, assuming no sculptural changes (which I'm actually not assuming), might be to present the sculpt with what is to me a far better, more naturalistic paint job than the original versions.

Brett

John

I can think of one potential change for the Tarbosaurus:slight fuzz running down it's spine that can't be seen in the photo perhaps?That is a feature that Kaiyodo's Sofubi Toybox Tyrannosaurus rex has that is very subtle.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Halichoeres

Propose merging this thread with the Kaiyodo New for 2018 thread?

Although these sculpts look like refinements, it feels a little like Kaiyodo is coasting on their past greatness. I would rather have wholly original sculpts of new species, but I'm nevertheless tempted by that little nodosaurid.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 12, 2018, 10:18:01 PM
Propose merging this thread with the Kaiyodo New for 2018 thread?

Although these sculpts look like refinements, it feels a little like Kaiyodo is coasting on their past greatness. I would rather have wholly original sculpts of new species, but I'm nevertheless tempted by that little nodosaurid.

I'm in the same boat as you--of all 5, that one seems to be the most unique, and worth getting. Just to be a Dinotales species/style completist. Maybe the iguanodont when we know more...since it is also relatively original

ITdactyl

Isn't that just a series 6 Iguanodon with an additional midline crest of spikes at the back?

This move by Kaiyodo reminds me of my Transformers/Zoids collecting days.  New head or slightly retooled armor = new character = completionist's nightmare = dead wallet.

SBell

Quote from: ITdactyl on August 13, 2018, 05:37:13 AM
Isn't that just a series 6 Iguanodon with an additional midline crest of spikes at the back?

This move by Kaiyodo reminds me of my Transformers/Zoids collecting days.  New head or slightly retooled armor = new character = completionist's nightmare = dead wallet.

It's hard to tell from the angle, but I tried to compare and the head and foot position look somewhat different. We'll need to see better pics when they're available.

John

Quote from: ITdactyl on August 13, 2018, 05:37:13 AM

Yes,it is a retooled version of the series 6 Iguanodon.But in addition to the fringe running down it's neck,back and tail,it's also been reposed so that it doesn't need to be on a base like the original one.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

SBell

There's a link to pictures now!

http://dai4.com/item/5679

And it lists the 5 species:

Iguanodon
Boreopelta
Tarbosaurus
Carnotaurus
Quetzalcoatlus

dinocat

brettnj

The original sculpt was of sauropelta.  This one is adapted to be boreopelta. The site, as Sean noted, IDs the current versions.

dinocat

gursar

;D it seems it is already avaliable to buy. somehow I managed to miss the news about it I guess. are there anyone who shared the images from different angles?

brettnj

The second flyer shows closer, different views.

I sent it to my buyer list. Hopefully someone can post it here.

i also have an extra set which can ship from either Japan or the US.

Brett

gursar

thank you. you are very kind. but unfortunately since paypal was banned in my country my purchase options became tragically limited. I presume you also work with paypal like many other forum members?
I have used a proxy service this time but if you accept different payment options I will keep that in my mind for the future figure orders from japan

brettnj

gursar

I am from Turkey. while I am using web sites and services I use my credit card.
but the situations like this I used to use my paypal account which I find the safest for the both buyer and seller.
but now its gone and I don't know any paypal alternative. 
thanks for the flayers. maybe I would add some images a couple of weeks later when they arrived.

brettnj

I can likely take payment via your card.

As I have a small business selling my wildlife photography, I have a Square account. I think it can be used without the physical card or signature, like giving the information over the phone.

If you'd like me to research at any point, feel free to let me know.

Thanks.
Brett

gursar

I am happy to hear that. thanks for your concern

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.