News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Jurassic Park 4 [Jurassic World] (no spoilers)

Started by DinoToyForum, June 21, 2012, 11:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrx

QuoteHonestly, as far as the franchise has fallen, I still doubt they'd include something as outrageous as a Cryolophosaurus with freeze-breath.
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on April 19, 2013, 04:07:01 AM
Will he also be able to cast lighting bolts with his horns?

Let it be known that I think these are both totally awesome ideas and would gladly watch a movie about either. Just so long as it had nothing to do with Jurassic Park  ;D SyFy channel B-movies, maybe?

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Patrx on April 19, 2013, 07:16:54 AM
QuoteHonestly, as far as the franchise has fallen, I still doubt they'd include something as outrageous as a Cryolophosaurus with freeze-breath.

Let it be known that I think these are both totally awesome ideas and would gladly watch a movie about either. Just so long as it had nothing to do with Jurassic Park  ;D SyFy channel B-movies, maybe?
The High Voltage Adventures of Carnotaurus the super spark plug !!!
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Brontozaurus

Jack Horner's comments were that the new dinosaur would make you want to keep the lights on. To me this implies that it will be nocturnal, because naturally if something can sneak up on you in the dark, you'd keep the lights on. In addition to this, Telltale's JP game also included a dinosaur with a nocturnal habit that hadn't been in the JP film continuity before.

Therefore, I think that JPIV's new dinosaur will be Troodon.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

tyrantqueen

Troodon...you know what that means...

DinoToyForum

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on April 19, 2013, 08:39:39 AM
Quote from: Patrx on April 19, 2013, 07:16:54 AM

That sounds awesome ;)

Takama

Wait, so the argument being made here is given the imaginary ability to shift colors and blend similar to the character predator, we will fail to notice the dinosaur is both small, and had idiotic forearms? Will he also be able to cast lighting bolts with his horns?

Size should not matter. look at the raptors.

Quote from: Brontozaurus on April 19, 2013, 11:33:55 AM
Jack Horner's comments were that the new dinosaur would make you want to keep the lights on. To me this implies that it will be nocturnal, because naturally if something can sneak up on you in the dark, you'd keep the lights on. In addition to this, Telltale's JP game also included a dinosaur with a nocturnal habit that hadn't been in the JP film continuity before.

If that's the case, then i will not be scared.  I seen them in the game, to me, they come off to me as ridiculous.

and ive seen plenty of scary stuff thats kept me up at night in fear

Blade-of-the-Moon

Maybe they'll use zombie dinosaurs !

They're popular in the media and public eye right now, totally different direction for the films, darker and scarier,  Universal does use JP in their Halloween Horror Nights, so new dinosaur = zombie dinosaur.  ;)

tyrantqueen

I hear the distinct sound of the bottom of the barrel being scraped :(

(I really hope you weren't serious)

Patrx

Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 19, 2013, 11:58:01 AM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on April 19, 2013, 08:39:39 AM
That sounds awesome ;)

Actually,  think the latest "Power Rangers" show in Japan features electric-powered dinosaurs.

Whoah, those "Troodon" are seriously unpleasant. I rather hope they don't turn up in the movie. And please, for the love of sanity, no zombies - I really hate zombies.  :o

Blade-of-the-Moon

lol

I was only kidding of course..though one could see the argument for it.  All the darker and more scary talk along with zombies being so popular now could lead us down some odd roads.

The electric dinos reminds me of some of the Dino King episodes and how some of them gained armor and such along with shocking powers..

Primeval12

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 19, 2013, 03:51:33 PM
Maybe they'll use zombie dinosaurs !

They're popular in the media and public eye right now, totally different direction for the films, darker and scarier,  Universal does use JP in their Halloween Horror Nights, so new dinosaur = zombie dinosaur.  ;)

LOL :P

Primeval12

Quote from: Takama on April 19, 2013, 02:53:27 PM
Wait, so the argument being made here is given the imaginary ability to shift colors and blend similar to the character predator, we will fail to notice the dinosaur is both small, and had idiotic forearms? Will he also be able to cast lighting bolts with his horns?

If that's the case, then i will not be scared.  I seen them in the game, to me, they come off to me as ridiculous.

I like those troodon, thay're creepy but awesome.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: primeval12 on April 20, 2013, 02:01:35 AM
Quote from: Takama on April 19, 2013, 02:53:27 PM

I like those troodon, thay're creepy but awesome.

..but totally and completely unrealistic. :/

tanystropheus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 19, 2013, 11:52:26 AM
Troodon...you know what that means...

BINGO! You just revealed JPIV's secret villain  ;)

John

What will be a possible new addition for the third sequel? Hmm...
The second movie had a brief shot of some Pteranodons in it's closing moments.The following movie featured them prominently,including an extended action sequence in what would turn out to be an aviary that had been built to house them. At another point in the same movie,there is a very brief appearance by a Ceratosaurus. If there is a pattern to it,then I would guess that Ceratosaurus would be that "new nightmare",getting an extended sequence of it's own somewhere during the course of the next one. No one said it had to be a giant that takes out a T.rex at some point,just something big and mean enough to do a Jurassic Park style chase scene. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

tanystropheus

Quote from: John on April 20, 2013, 06:16:41 AM
The second movie had a brief shot of some Pteranodons in it's closing moments.The following movie featured them prominently,including an extended action sequence in what would turn out to be an aviary that had been built to house them. At another point in the same movie,there is a very brief appearance by a Ceratosaurus. If there is a pattern to it,then I would guess that Ceratosaurus would be that "new nightmare",getting an extended sequence of it's own somewhere during the course of the next one. No one said it had to be a giant that takes out a T.rex at some point,just something big and mean enough to do a Jurassic Park style chase scene. :)

They've covered land and air based dinosaurs/prehistoric reptiles. I think it's about time that they cover marine reptiles. I would personally love to see a grand appearance made by Elasmosaurus and/or Kronosaurus replete with token fleet battles and hail storms.

Ceratosaurus would be a welcome addition to JP4, but he seemed a bit tame in the last movie.

John

Quote from: tanystropheus on April 20, 2013, 07:18:44 AM

They've covered land and air based dinosaurs/prehistoric reptiles. I think it's about time that they cover marine reptiles. I would personally love to see a grand appearance made by Elasmosaurus and/or Kronosaurus replete with token fleet battles and hail storms.

Ceratosaurus would be a welcome addition to JP4, but he seemed a bit tame in the last movie.
No matter what they do,they will have a hard time coming up with a new reason why ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND would go near those islands in order to be chased around.... :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: John on April 21, 2013, 06:46:39 AM

No matter what they do,they will have a hard time coming up with a new reason why ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND would go near those islands in order to be chased around.... :)
Well, Jaws worked, didn't it? ;)

Perhaps the marine reptile could be Pliosaurus Funkei...

John

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 21, 2013, 06:52:40 AM
Quote from: John on April 21, 2013, 06:46:39 AM

Well, Jaws worked, didn't it? ;)

Perhaps the marine reptile could be Pliosaurus Funkei...
I can picture a sort of aquarium where they could show something enormous and obviously carnivorous swimming by right after the main characters leave,only for one of the unfortunate cannon fodder to eventually find out the hard way that it contains a Tylosaurus/Kronosaurus/anything in the 30 to 40 foot range after he somehow ends up in the water... :D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Sounds a lot like the aquarium in the game..really it gave the fans a lot of what they wanted to see story-wise. :)

Depending on when the film takes place there are a few good reasons to go back to the islands.  Of course if animals have escaped or been recreated elsewhere we don't need to .

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.