News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Ravensburger Tiptoi New for 2017?

Started by Takama, February 16, 2017, 10:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Ok I was on STS and i found a link to the Tiptoi Website and i found these two
https://www.tiptoi.com/de/tiptoi-buecher-spiele-und-spielzeug/spielfiguren/dinosaurier/index.html

Now i dont know if both of them are new for 2017 or if they been out for a while.

I think it should be easy to tell whats what here.

MLMjp

Just when you though that the Schleich Therizinosaurus looked less like the actual animal and more like a kaiju Ravenburguer cames to say:
You think that is a kaiju Therizinosaurus? NO
THIS IS a kaiju Therizinosaurus.

CityRaptor

That's the first time I've seen those two.

So two out of three German companies so far have made their Therizinosaurs monsters...Looks like a mix between the real deal and the Dino Crisis Version:
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

sauroid

and that orange patch thing made them look even worse
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CityRaptor

Well, that is the gimmick of those figures.  At least it is not as obvious as on some of the other figureres in line on the Therizinosaurus.
Oh no

Reptilia

I think it's a draw between Schleich and Tiptoi over these two. While Schleich Carnotaurus is worse than Tiptoi's, and probably the worst Carnotaurus around, the Schleich Therizinosaurus is somehow charming in its kaijuness, whereas Tiptoi Therizinosaurus is utterly horrible. It must have the most oversized feet ever seen on a dinosaur figurine, and those spikes all over the back and head are just pointless. Looks more like an aborted Pokemon concept rather than a kaiju, to be honest.

But am I recalling wrong or Schleich and Ravensburger are commercial partners in some ways?

CityRaptor

I couldn't find anything about that, just an article about Ravensburger "proaching" in Schleich's territory.
http://www.schwaebische.de/region/baden-wuerttemberg_artikel,-Ravensburger-wildert-im-Revier-von-Schleich-_arid,5576764.html
Also some people speculating about Schleich producing figures, but Schleich themselves denies.
https://lists.nomeata.de/archive/tiptoi/2015/000003.html
Oh no

Fenestra

Aw. Look at that Carnotaurus.
So much rage.
Clenching its little fists in anger.

"GET OFF MY LAWN!!!"

sauroid

their modern animal figures are not bad but again, that stupid gimmick yellow patch thing
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

RobinGoodfellow

..I'm a Ravensburger collector but, this time, it's a pass for me (I really don't like them)...  :-\

Silvanusaurus

The Carnotaurus wasn't doing too badly until it got to the feet. I mean, having enlarged feet for stability is one thing, but when you start putting Emu feet on a Chicken, things have gotten out of hand. 

Are you sure that isn't the final painted version of Rebor's Carnotaurus?  >:D

Libraraptor

Well, thank you, I donĀ“t want either of them.

suspsy

I really want someone to review these monstrosities. They're so frightful, they'd be fun.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

They are good figures that will serve as entertainment for the little ones that are destined for this type of figures as happens equally with Schleich or Bullyland. By the way I have not had any figure of yours, by the photos makes me assume that unfortunately the plastic is not of very good quality as can be Geoworld

Libraraptor

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 17, 2017, 04:18:53 PM
They are good figures that will serve as entertainment for the little ones that are destined for this type of figures as happens equally with Schleich or Bullyland. By the way I have not had any figure of yours, by the photos makes me assume that unfortunately the plastic is not of very good quality as can be Geoworld

No. I do have their Camarasaurus. The TipTois are made of solid, massive heavy PVC, very similar, if not even from the same factory to Schleich.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 17, 2017, 04:46:50 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 17, 2017, 04:18:53 PM

No. I do have their Camarasaurus. The TipTois are made of solid, massive heavy PVC, very similar, if not even from the same factory to Schleich.

Thanks for the comment that's a good reason to add to my figures the disappearance of the disassembled camarasaurus Carnegie I had been orphaned of that type of dinosaurs and I had never decided to buy their figures. Now is a good excuse

Bokisaurus

Oh Myyyy, the horror, the horror! Those are some weird looking figures! ;D

Roselaar

Oh good, a 2017 release I can actually skip to save some money for the huge amount of good stuff from other companies due this year. :)

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Roselaar on February 17, 2017, 11:05:20 PM
Oh good, a 2017 release I can actually skip to save some money for the huge amount of good stuff from other companies due this year. :)

I am clear one thing if I buy Tiptoi some dinosaur I will buy together the camarasaurus, giganotosaurus and pteranodon. The carnotaurus and the therizinosaurus are pretty bad. But I think they are more finished than those of the Schleich company. What kills them is that damn brand of orange. Totally agree with respect to the figures of 2017 Tiptoi, the truth for collectors of toy dinosaurs with all my respect are not the advisable figures except those exceptions for me of those three figures as the only ones according to my personal tastes as more finished

sauroid

like most of Schleich's recent prehistoric figures, these are a waste of plastic and cheap labor.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.