News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Ravensburger Tiptoi New for 2017?

Started by Takama, February 16, 2017, 10:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinomike

Oh dear...not looking good! Their Camarasaurus was actually quite good but these...uh-oh...
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Takama

Quote from: suspsy on February 17, 2017, 12:06:01 PM
I really want someone to review these monstrosities. They're so frightful, they'd be fun.

I would love to do the review myself.   But the one thing preventing me from getting them is the fact that there Avalible ONLY in Europe. and its a pain to find any of them for sale.

sauroid

do you specialize in grotesquely designed prehistoric figures?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Takama

Quote from: sauroid on March 31, 2017, 05:34:03 AM
do you specialize in grotesquely designed prehistoric figures?

Any thing to make a full collection.  If a line is small enough. I like to start collecting them.  Plus i figured someone should review them why couldn't it be me lol

I tend to find charm in the most disturbing of figures

Shonisaurus

Except in eBay and Amazon stores Tiptoi figures are not sold in other types of stores.

Honestly I was more convinced the camarasaurus, giganotosaurus, pteranodon and even the spinosaurus. The figures of therizinosaurus and carnotaurus I see them quite loose. What I do not like the company is that it has painted for educational purposes in all its figures that distinctive orange, deviates in itself the figure.

Lanthanotus

The orange patch does not bother me and I own the Giganotosaurus (which I also reviewed for the blog last year) and the Triceratops because I quite liked those two - despite their inaccuracies - for their overall form and color. However, the rest of the line is awfull with this two new ones especially disgusting. While I also thought that Schleich made the figures (for there's obvious similarities in the detailing and overall form) could it simply be that both companies contracted the same Chinese sculptors and manufacturers by chance/coincidence? Or do they just "copy" Schleich's style because they are nevertheless successfull in selling their abominations?

sauroid

is it 100% sure that the sculptors of the horrible Schleich and Tiptoi are Chinese?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: sauroid on April 01, 2017, 08:22:29 AM
is it 100% sure that the sculptors of the horrible Schleich and Tiptoi are Chinese?

With the difference that Schleich is sold worldwide and is known all over the world and under Tiptoi only known collectors and four people from a metaphorical point of view.

sauroid

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 01, 2017, 10:58:54 AM

With the difference that Schleich is sold worldwide and is known all over the world and under Tiptoi only known collectors and four people from a metaphorical point of view.
oh im sorry but i dont understand.  :-[

Shonisaurus

Quote from: sauroid on April 01, 2017, 11:56:50 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 01, 2017, 10:58:54 AM

oh im sorry but i dont understand.  :-[

I want to say that the difference is that the company Schleich is world-wide known and the company Tiptoi is practically unknown.

sauroid

stargatedalek

Both companies are European, so I don't understand why they would outsource the sculpting when it clearly could be done by anyone.

Seriously, I bet half these things are originally sculpted out of Crayola...

SpartanSquat

I have a question about this brand: What is that orange spot in the dinosaurs? What is the purpose?

Lanthanotus

The model figures are just one aspect of the Tip Toi system which also includes a great variety of books (way more than there's model figures). Each site of the books aswell as the orange patch on the figures is dotted with a pattern of very small black dots which can be read by an electronic pencil. When you move the pencil over areas on the books or over the orange patch on the figures the pencil gives you spoken information about the animal, dino or theme shown in the book, including music or sounds. So yes, there's also Dinosaur book, I had a short look into it, but got the impression that it's not really good, considering you know a thing or too about modern paleontology.

PS: You can see the pattern of the orange spot on the Giganoto in this review

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.