News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The 2017 Dinosaur Diorama/Photography Contest!

Started by Kayakasaurus, February 27, 2017, 11:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paleona

Quote from: Kayakasaurus on July 25, 2017, 07:22:15 PM
Quote from: Paleona on July 25, 2017, 06:44:36 PM
Ahh, I'm really late in reading about this year's diorama contest, so I'm not sure I'll get a photo ready in time xD I will try, though. :) Looking forward to seeing everyone's entries~

Anyway, I also wanted to say- Kayakasaurus: I love your models! Those little Paras are so cute and fun looking!! Any chance they'll be up for sale?

I hope you can  :)

Thanks! Yes I've been planning to sell them, I've just been busy. Any particular color you liked?

Completely understandable! Hmm, I think I like the green + blue variegated ones, or the ones with white "socks"! The hot pink with dark blue was very nice, too. They would be fun to have around the house in potted plants :)

Going to try and take some photos later today~

Neosodon

Do I need to think of a creative title for my diorama? Or are you not bothering with them this year.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Simon

Quote from: Neosodon on July 26, 2017, 08:26:41 PM
Do I need to think of a creative title for my diorama? Or are you not bothering with them this year.

I would think that the diorama title is helpful to the member voters in distinguishing between the entries that they are considering (versus, say simply numbering the entries 1 to whatever)...

Kayakasaurus

Quote from: Neosodon on July 26, 2017, 08:26:41 PM

Yes, they need titles  :)
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Kayakasaurus

One Weekend left! That's four days. I'm happy to say I received more great entries this morning!   :D
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

acro-man

I am getting really excited as same as I am in the last few seconds before an ebay auction deadline.
Good luck everybody! >:D
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Simon

I'm excited too.  If anyone still wants to join the contest, you have 3 days to enter.  Maybe you have an old unused diorama photo - or a quick photo shoot idea. Just do it.  The more entries the more fun there is reviewing them!   ;D ;D ;D

LeapingLaelaps

Finally gonna go out and shoot a photo for the contest! I've got a few ideas, now I just need to try and make one of them work ::)

Nebuloid

Forgot all about this ! Going to work on something really quick today.

Lanthanotus

Clock's ticking (or entry even closed, I am not sure with the time zones...) and I am very excited to see this year's entries :)

@ Nebluoid: Do you got a bigger picture of that lookslikeagreatdiorama being your avatar?

Nebuloid

Quote from: Lanthanotus on July 30, 2017, 06:57:32 PM
@ Nebluoid: Do you got a bigger picture of that lookslikeagreatdiorama being your avatar?

I do, that was my 2014 entry :

Lanthanotus

Thanks,... I almost suspected the foreground is some stegosaur stuff, nice replica of the throat armor, that alos the Kinto? That Allosaurus is a real stunner and great angle to show it.

Nebuloid

Quote from: Lanthanotus on July 30, 2017, 07:20:38 PM
Thanks,... I almost suspected the foreground is some stegosaur stuff, nice replica of the throat armor, that alos the Kinto? That Allosaurus is a real stunner and great angle to show it.

Yes they're both from Kinto/Favorite, thank you for the compliment !

Simon

acro-man

Oh my....
I thought the deadline is midnight July 31st!
How could I not realize that 30th is NOT the last day of July :'(
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Federreptil

I also can't wait to see all the diorama entries. :D
First goal was to get an artwork to participate the contest. Hardly done with a little more fortune than acro-man. :o (Bad luck! Hope you can use your diorama next year.)

Now I read this thread again and I saw no decision about the further procedure. Will we all forum members make the votes again? Would there be a board of judges? Or what else? And no hurry - but are there some intended deadlines? ???

I'm a little bit impatient and may be a little bit unjust. It is a great pleasure that Kayakasaurus takes all the efforts for our fun. Thank you so much for your engagement. ;D

Dinomike

Hi! Is the contest on somewhere? Can we already vote?
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Dinomike

Quote from: Dinomike on August 22, 2017, 04:46:30 PM
Hi! Is the contest on somewhere? Can we already vote?

Oops, found the thread! Lol.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.