News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

GODZILLA vs KONG

Started by dragon53, March 13, 2017, 03:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

GODZILLA vs KING KONG---Legendary Pictures has created its "writer's room" for the sequel: Terry Rossio (PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN), Patrick McKay and JD Payne (STAR TREK BEYOND), TS Nowlin (THE MAZE RUNNER), J. Michael Straczynski (BABYLON 5), Lindsey Beer (THE KINGKILLER CHRONICLES) and Cat Vasko (QUEEN OF THE AIR).
GODZILLA vs KING KONG is the fourth movie in Legendary's MonsterVerse with the other movies being GODZILLA, KONG: SKULL ISLAND and GODZILLA: KING OF MONSTERS.
Also, KONG: SKULL ISLAND director Jordan Vogt-Roberts said that he would like to develop a spinoff movie featuring John C. Reilly's character, Hank Marlow, "...all people are f*cking excited about the idea for Kong and Godzilla and Rodan and all those creatures clashing. I don't exactly know where the world's plans are. In fact, I keep joking that personally I'm more interested in doing a $30 million version of young John C. Reilly on the island. Just some weird, the odd-ball monster comedy with him and Gunpei. So I don't really know where they'd take it from here."

SpartanSquat

A funny thing is Rossio is he worked in an early script of the Tristar Godzilla. A much better film with a Godzilla design by Winston. A Marlow spin off? I loved his character, for me he is the best character in the monsterverse film along with Serizawa. I hope to see him very old seeing again Kong in 2020.
Offtopic: Why we dont make a Monsterverse unique thread to talk about Skull Island, King of Monsters and Godzilla vs Kong, instead having many thread about each film?

BlueKrono

Quote from: RolandEden on March 13, 2017, 10:00:42 PM
Why we dont make a Monsterverse unique thread to talk about Skull Island, King of Monsters and Godzilla vs Kong, instead having many thread about each film?

I agree.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

dragon53

GODZILLA vs KONG---Adam Wingard (YOU'RE NEXT, V/H/S) will direct the sequel.

dragon53

GODZILLA vs KONG---director Adam Wingard commented on the sequel, "The Godzilla/Kong fanbase is very different. They're just really excited that anybody is taking this stuff seriously. They can smell a fake from a mile away, so if your enthusiasm isn't real then they'll eat you alive. As soon as you can prove that your intentions are true to the source material, that's all that matters, specifically if you're dealing with big monsters. You really have to take them seriously, almost as people."
He added, "It's a massive monster brawl movie. There's lots of monsters going crazy on each other, but at the end of the day I want there to be an emotional drive to it. I want you to be emotionally invested in them. I think that's what's going to make it cool...
I really want you to take those characters seriously. I want you to be emotionally invested, not just in the human characters, but actually in the monsters."

alexeratops

Emotional connection aside, the director seems to have a clear view of what he wants the movie to be like, which is good.

But... "-lots of monsters going crazy on each other"? Huh? What other monsters are going to be in this? Are Rodan, Mothra, and Ghidorah going to make a return? Just Ghidorah? An entirely new monster, like the Skullcrawlers and MUTOs? Quite a development. This shows that GvK may not just be a one on one brawl.
like a bantha!

Blade-of-the-Moon

I've always supposed Godzilla and Kong will fight until a bigger threat shows and they team up instead.  Makes a great cop out for the writers

Silvanusaurus

Apparently they will resolve their differences and become friends when they discover that their mothers are both called Mothra.

WarrenJB

Silvanu wins the internet.

dragon53

GODZILLA vs KONG---director Adam Wingard said the sequel is set in the present which is about 40 years after KONG: SKULL ISLAND, "...our film is in [the] present day. We have a couple characters from Godzilla 2 in ours, but it'll be interesting to see how Kong has fared over the years. You see him in that film and he's just constantly under attack. Things are going wrong and there's probably been lots of human intervention since then. It'll be interesting to see a more rugged, a bit more aged Kong in this film."

suspsy

Yeah, I figure this will be similar to Superman vs Batman. Kong and Godzilla will duke it out for awhile, then be forced to unite against some other kaiju(s).

I actually hope that Kong won't be beefed up to the same size as Godzilla. It would be more interesting to see his speed, agility, and intelligence against Godzilla's sheer size, strength, and endurance. We've seen from Skull Island that Kong likes to improvise weapons whenever he can; a city setting provides a virtually infinite arsenal. He can use cars, telephone poles, steel girders, giant chunks of concrete, etc. And he can use buildings for cover.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Derek.McManus

I second the idea that Kong does not need to morph to Godzilla size to make his mark on the movie.

A movie about how the two pilots stranded on Skull Island and their exploits would be. Interesting.

Shadowknight1

...I can't be the only one to feel insulted that the supposed last movie Legendary has the Godzilla license for has him going up against King Kong.  This is utterly ridiculous in so many ways.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

CityRaptor

Well, it's a classic rematch. And this time hopefully without inventing a weakness for the Big G. ( The classic one was the only movie where he was specifically weak against electricity. In others it is useless against him or he even uses it to power up. )
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

dragon53

Synopsis released for GODZILLA VS KONG.

"In a time when monsters walk the Earth, humanity's fight for its future sets Godzilla and Kong on a collision course that will see the two most powerful forces of nature on the planet collide in a spectacular battle for the ages. As Monarch embarks on a perilous mission into uncharted terrain and unearths clues to the Titans' origins, a human conspiracy threatens to wipe the creatures, both good and bad, from the face of the earth forever."

CityRaptor

Yeah, sounds like a hint of them teaming up in the end.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Papi-Anon

Quote from: suspsy on August 23, 2017, 06:43:42 PM
Yeah, I figure this will be similar to Superman vs Batman. Kong and Godzilla will duke it out for awhile, then be forced to unite against some other kaiju(s).

I actually hope that Kong won't be beefed up to the same size as Godzilla. It would be more interesting to see his speed, agility, and intelligence against Godzilla's sheer size, strength, and endurance. We've seen from Skull Island that Kong likes to improvise weapons whenever he can; a city setting provides a virtually infinite arsenal. He can use cars, telephone poles, steel girders, giant chunks of concrete, etc. And he can use buildings for cover.

Spoiler
*SPOILERS*
That's what happened in Rampage, though. George was the smallest of the three animals and once the Rampage process was switched off in him he used his smaller size and adaptability to kill Lizzie. I mean, yes, it works; but I'd to see a Kong at least comparable to Godzilla's size to NOT be a repeat of the Rampage final fight. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Rampage, but a copy-paste of the last fight for a Godzilla movie seems too lazy. I'd like Kong maybe 3/4th Godzilla's size (minus the tail).
[close]
Shapeways Store: The God-Fodder
DeviantArt: Papi-Anon
Cults3D: Papi-Anon

"They said I could be whatever I wanted to be when I evolved. So I decided to be a crocodile."
-Ambulocetus, 47.8–41.3mya

Derek.McManus

Still haven't seen Rampage must look it up!

suspsy

http://www.godzilla-movies.com/news/breaking-godzilla-vs-kong-2020-tagline-banner-displayed-at-licensing-expo

Wow. Unless Kong is jumping down from a building or a cliff, he's REALLY grown since the '70s! This may not at all be the one-sided affair people have been assuming.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Brocc21

The film comes out really soon and still no trailers. I'm betting we'll get something when joker comes out. There both Warner Bros.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.