News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

GODZILLA vs KONG

Started by dragon53, March 13, 2017, 03:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giganotosaurus

Hopefully they release a trailer soon, with shots of all the kaiju that will be in the movie!
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

Dynomikegojira

I'd give it within the next 2 weeks

Rain

The trailer was just released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odM92ap8_c0&fbclid=IwAR0WkrqUsvwzAluw32PtO_QZ0Sef3zGkznFl6h4xW6Ixne80SsxFQtsS9kk&ab_channel=WarnerBros.Pictures

I'm liking the Bladerunner/John Wick lighting and cinematography.

Giganotosaurus

Looks great! I can't wait to see this, I've been waiting for this film since I was a kid, when I imagined my own new versus movie!

Now we need a Japanese Godzilla vs Gamera film!
Angurius on TohoKingdom

Takama

OK This Trailer Had me, UNTIL The STUPID RAP MUSIC Started Playing.
At least its gave me some Peter Jackson  King Kong Vibes at the start, and it MIGHT not be as Lame as Kong Skull Island IMO.
Still MAD its on HBO MAX and not NETFLIX
and NO im not going to the theater to risk catching Covid

CityRaptor

Anyone else thinking that the Godzilla in the trailer might be an imposter?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Giganotosaurus

Takama I agree, the music kinda ruined it, also yeah I didn't care for Skull Island either, but hopefully this one is better.
Angurius on TohoKingdom

MLMjp

This definitely got my hyped.

But then people pointed out something and their theories about it and now I am worried.
Spoiler
At 0:03, people have pointed out it could be mechagodzilla, also the screen at 1:42.
You see, I knew about the toy leaks regarding mechagodzilla, but I just couldn't see it actually being in the movie, it HAD to be a toyline only.

But now...

It could be, and people are saying that the reason Godzilla is attacking is because MechaG is disturbing him or that MechaG is impersonating him, but Im not here to talk about the theories. I wat to talk about why it is a bad thing if mechagodzilla actually shows up.

1-This is GODZILLA vs KONG, not GODZILLA, KONG and MechaG Giant monsters all out attack.
2-It completely destroys some of this universe rules, specially in regard of technological advancement. You tell me that humanity has managed to built a gigant, functioning, capable of moving and fighting mechanical Godzilla in like a few years? HOW? Look at godzilla 2014, technology was basically the same as our modern day. King of the Monsters pushed the limits with the Argo and other stuff but it was believable enough. There is no way they can built MechaG in this universe unless this movie takes place 50 years into the future or something, at that is not the case. And yeah, I know this is a movie that it is not realistic, blablabla....but with how this universe has been created...
[close]
Well, two months to find out. I will probably not watch more trailers if there are more.

suspsy

I'm calling it now:

Spoiler
That is not the real Godzilla fighting Kong. It's Mechagodzilla in disguise. The real Godzilla will show up in time to help Kong destroy the imposter.
[close]
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Rain

The entire plots been leaked for close to 2 years now, for those curious....

Spoiler
Yes, you're all correct to assume Mechagodzilla is in the movie, but he isn't responsible for the attacks and is mostly absent from the movie. Apex, a new daughter company to Monarch, is provoking Godzilla into attacking with the use of an ORCA machine from the previous movie. It actually is the real Kong and Godzilla facing off and Mechagodzilla only makes his entrance at the climax at the movie, in attempt to finish off the two after they have a night long battle.
[close]

dragon53

deleted

Blade-of-the-Moon

dragon53

GODZILLA VS KONG---a leaked toy photo shows another monster from the sequel called Hell Hawk.

Blade-of-the-Moon

that's the bat winged thing I saw in the trailer.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 24, 2021, 06:19:29 PM
Anyone else thinking that the Godzilla in the trailer might be an imposter?
No
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: suspsy on January 24, 2021, 07:00:39 PM
I'm calling it now:

Spoiler
That is not the real Godzilla fighting Kong. It's Mechagodzilla in disguise. The real Godzilla will show up in time to help Kong destroy the imposter.
[close]
Spoiler
MechaGodzilla in this has claw hands, like one of those machines in arcades, in this movie judging by the toy leaks. Plus if that was the case the title would be misleading lol
[close]
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

dragon53

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on January 30, 2021, 04:37:07 PM
Quote from: suspsy on January 24, 2021, 07:00:39 PM
I'm calling it now:

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
MechaGodzilla in this has claw hands, like one of those machines in arcades, in this movie judging by the toy leaks. Plus if that was the case the title would be misleading lol
[close]

Not that a robot can transform it's parts or anything.. ;)  lol

Fembrogon

Spoiler
Although Mechagodzilla is all but confirmed already, I'm hoping that's not Mecha G in disguise fighting Kong; that feels like a much bigger cheat than having the two team up at the end (which I'm sure will happen. I prefer the theory that the villains behind MG are stirring up Godzilla, either on purpose or by accident, and team Kong just gets caught in the fire.
...Although, I suppose there could also be both real AND fake Godzilla running around simultaneously - maybe fake Godzilla is causing the destruction, but real Godzilla mistakenly attacks Kong?
[close]

Anyway, the trailer has me excited. It's been a long time coming. I honestly didn't even mind the rap music; although I hope the actual soundtrack has some more classic cues included. The visuals are looking really strong again too.
Yeah, this film ought to be fun. Hopefully it's also GOOD.  :))

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: