News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Ellen's Energy Adventure AKA The Universe of Energy

Started by MaastrichtianGuy, May 14, 2017, 02:47:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaastrichtianGuy

since Disney's Animal Kingdom has the Dinosaur themed area which is Dinoland USA there's also a ride thats in epcot in the future world east area its Ellen's Energy Adventures,formally the Universe of Energy.It stars Ellen DeGeneres the voice of Dory in Finding Nemo and Finding Dory and Bill Nye the Science Guy,focuses takes a light-hearted look at various energy resources, how energy is produced, the history of energy production, and the search for new energy resources. In particular it focuses on the origins of fossil fuels such as petroleum, coal and natural gas. It also mentions renewable sources such as solar and hydroelectric power.but there was a part when the film it moves the audience into a primeval prehistoric diorama which is filled with audio-animatronic dinosaurs.

Edaphosaurus

Apatosaurus or Brontosaurus

Allosaurus Fighting a Stegosaurus

Trachodon

Ornithomimus

Arthopleura

Pteranodon

Elasmosaurus

Pachyrhinosaurus

This would have been nice to see when I was there. Do you know where it's located in the park? I tried to find it but I didn't see it, though to be fair my time in Epcot was a lot more limited than in the other parks.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

MaastrichtianGuy

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on May 14, 2017, 03:28:43 AM
This would have been nice to see when I was there. Do you know where it's located in the park? I tried to find it but I didn't see it, though to be fair my time in Epcot was a lot more limited than in the other parks.
its in the future world east where the mission:space,spaceship earth,innoventions and the festival center is

Neosodon

It looks like an exhibit from like 1960. We're they going for a retro feel or is the exhibit really that old?

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Takama

From what i heard, the Exibet is long gone today

Silvanusaurus

Doug Watson

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on May 14, 2017, 03:28:43 AM

When you walk into Epcot stay to the left of Space Ship Earth and take the first left through the walkway between the buildings on the left. You should be facing Mission to Mars at this point, take the walkway as far as you can go to the left and Universe of Energy is the last building you can't go any further.

Quote from: Neosodon on May 14, 2017, 03:59:43 AM
It looks like an exhibit from like 1960. We're they going for a retro feel or is the exhibit really that old?

The origin of the dinosaurs is from an Exhibit that Disney put on for the 1964 Worlds Fair, that was sponsored by Ford and the vehicles that took you through the ride were 1964 convertible Fords. After it was finished the first copies ended up along the Disneyland train ride at Disneyland California. They are in a cave that the train passes through. When Epcot opened in Florida they got their own versions of the same dinos as part of the Universe of Energy. You are carried along through the diorama on large guide by wire platforms. Like Disneyland you can't get out and look at them. The ones in Florida were repainted with more modern colours I can't remember if the Disneyland dinos were updated too.

Quote from: Takama on May 14, 2017, 04:18:26 AM
From what i heard, the Exibet is long gone today

The last time I was in Disneyland in 2016 and Disney World also in 2016 they were all still there.

MaastrichtianGuy

there is also a little garden that's part of the flower and garden festival in the park is the Prehistoric Plants garden which showcases Prehistoric Plants also including some Ja-ru Dinosaurs sitting on the name signs including one from K&M Wild Republic

Chestnut Dioon and Scouring Rush

Gingko Tree

Bamboo Cycad

Coontie

House Holly Fern or Japanese Holly Fern

Autumn Fern

Cabbage Tree Palm

Cardboard Palm

Norfolk Island Pine Tree

Pachyrhinosaurus

Unfortunately the ride closed yesterday.

The last-ever ride broke down and the cast members let riders walk around and see the dinosaurs up close instead of evacuating them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6GXD--yW-Y
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Loon

It's always sad to see an old ride go, but given how Epcot seems to heading towards a more IP driven route, I'm not too terribly shocked. Especially given how the most common comment on the ride was something like "I love sleeping on that one." It was also announced at the D23 expo this year that it would go the way of California Adventure's Tower of Terror, and be replaced by a new Guardians of the Galaxy themed ride.

A lot of these older pavilions will probably changing into new attractions, like Wonders of Life, and probably Journey into Imagination, due to the upcoming major overhaul to Epcot.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on August 15, 2017, 03:30:22 AM
Unfortunately the ride closed yesterday.

The last-ever ride broke down and the cast members let riders walk around and see the dinosaurs up close instead of evacuating them:

Dang it, of all the times I have ridden it why couldn't it have been when I was on it. Of course some idiots had to touch the models. I wonder if they will keep them as back ups for the originals at Disneyland.
.......or maybe they will end up on eBay.

MaastrichtianGuy

i took something in a shop in the United Kingdom Pavilion in the World Showcase that they exhibit skulls of a Proconsul, Lucy the Australopithecus, an Upright Man, a Neanderthal and a Human

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.