News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Anyon ever repaired a Dino Riders Stegosaurus?

Started by Lanthanotus, May 24, 2017, 09:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanthanotus

Hello,

I recently got a Dinoriders Stegosaurus and found out it is supposed to walk around (and possibly make sounds aswell?). However, putting in a battery results in nothing, not the slightest sound or move.

The beast has no visible screws anywhere, all seams seem to be glued tight and what makes it even worse, the body seam runs along back and belly, not the flanks, which requires removing the legs aswell to get into the figure.

Did anyone ever attempt this and was so successfull (or not) to tell about?

Thanks in andvance for your input :)

Archinto

Sometimes when they havent been run for a long time the motors get a little stuck. Put a fresh battery in it and give the toy a few hard knocks on the body with your open palm in a few spots. This is how i get my non resposives to wake up. Be sure to hold the battery in with your hand if it doesnt have a cover.

Theres no sounds just a forward walking motion.
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Lanthanotus

Thanks Archinto for your thoughts :).

First thing sure was I put in a new battery, to no success.... my second move in such cases is always a good smack here and there (and some civilized curses), a lot of electronic devices showed good response on such in the past (hence that tricks by Uri Geller who magically repaired broken machines at your home via television :D).

Well, I thought about cutting it in half with a Dremel (cutting wheel), however, due to the seam running along the back and belly instead of the flanks, the legs would need removal too. Tried that with the help of a large screwdriver as a lever, but they are well fit, I fear breaking them...

Archinto

You wont be able to tale it apart to repair it. It is glued and has assembly pins inside that are also glued. Ive had to tap a lot of some of the more stubborn ones. Sometimes they just start working. Keep trying, im sure it will wake up. And when i say tap, i mean hit it hard so the whole thing vibrates upon striking the body.
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Lanthanotus

Yeah well, it's in use as a toy of my son, battery loaded in, so we'll see, I'll give it a hard greet by you, Archinto, every now and then, maybe one day it will decide to go for a walk - I'd really like to see that :D

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.