News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Ebay and dino riders

Started by Mr. P, July 29, 2017, 03:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. P

Hello everyone,  I've noticed a disturbing trend on ebay over the last few years. There is one ebayer who buys dino riders only to resell them at a inflated price.  Sometimes splitting up a group of items he bought, to resell them to us collectors for a profit.  I understand everyone's out to get rich fast...just a heads up to fellow dino collectors,  know what and who ur buying from.  Good day.

BlueKrono

While profiteering is sometimes frowned upon in the collector community, it's not against any kind of rule. The folks who are able to buy up big lots are then able to turn around and sell them piecemeal. It's one of the advantages people who can afford to buy up big lots have. A perfect of example of needing to have money to make money. It frustrates me a little too, but here on the forum we can at least let each other know in the New on Ebay thread if there's a lot with stuff some of us might be interested in, which we could then buy if the price isn't too crazy yet.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

CityRaptor

Well, that is how it is. When I buy a lot, I pick the pieces I want and resell the ones I do not want. Often the leftover pieces from several lots form a new one. Although I usually don't make much money from it.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Tylosaurus

Capitalism Kills it's all I can say man, tbh I am glad I bought most of my DR's back in the years 1987 to 1990, bought the left overs from 2006 to 2013, other than that these days most items go for overrated prices.

ebay.de & ebay.com.au are the best ebay's to seek for good deals, other than ebay private deals might work, dunno if craig's list still exists, AMI-Bay is also an idea, which you can find here:
http://www.amibay.com/

If you need help seeking a certain DR unit feel free to let me look around I might be able to find what you are seeking.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.