News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Alexeratops' Art

Started by alexeratops, July 01, 2017, 08:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexeratops

Its been a while since I've posted any art, and by a while I mean since I was in 3rd grade. I'm going into highschool now, and looking at my old art I really do realize how time flies. Well lately I have been trying some practice with some basic skeletals, just to get an idea of anatomy and whatnot. Here's a couple of my more recent practice drawings.

Ankylosaurus

Parasaurolophus

Gonna do a Tapejara soon.
Hope you  guys enjoy, any input is greatly appreciated.
like a bantha!

Lanthanotus

The tail of the Para looks a bit short and/or too rapidly pointed, but other than that they are fine, I especially like the Ankylosaurus and its easy strolling pose.

alexeratops

Quote from: Lanthanotus on July 01, 2017, 09:54:24 PM
The tail of the Para looks a bit short and/or too rapidly pointed, but other than that they are fine, I especially like the Ankylosaurus and its easy strolling pose.

Thanks! I think it might be the angle of the picture making the tail look shorter than it is, but you may be right. I can't scan my drawings as of now because I just got a new printer and I'm not sure how to scan yet.
like a bantha!

Mamasaurus

These are looking great for practice drawings :D nice sense of form, and you do a good job of have the structure of a skeleton underneath without being shrink wrapped.  The only critique I may point out are the front legs.  I don't know enough about anatomy myself to say for sure, but something about the musculature there looks odd.  The angle looks particularly painful on the ankylosaurus.

Keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to see more :)

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

alexeratops

Quote from: Mamasaurus on July 03, 2017, 08:47:40 PM
These are looking great for practice drawings :D nice sense of form, and you do a good job of have the structure of a skeleton underneath without being shrink wrapped.  The only critique I may point out are the front legs.  I don't know enough about anatomy myself to say for sure, but something about the musculature there looks odd.  The angle looks particularly painful on the ankylosaurus.

Keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to see more :)

Thank you! It means a lot coming from you!  :D I have always been drawing more theropods than anything else, hence why I am attempting to work on quadropeds more. The tip about musculature is helpful, I see where you're coming from. With animals like these, I don't know what to use for reference!  ;)

Anyways, here's my last herbivore for now since I couldn't find any good Tapejara references...
Stegosaurus

Hopefully this doesn't do that "third party hosting" crap, I haven't had the chance to change from Photobucket yet. Input is appreciated!
like a bantha!

alexeratops

(I will update those photoshop photos soon.
Edit: done.)

Just some sketches of a couple of my favorite dinosaurs, in varying styles.

Close up on the Diabloceratops (which frankly I shouldn't have done on a crummy sketch page)

Rudely interrupted by an Albertosaurus.

Feedback is appreciated!  ^-^
like a bantha!

Mamasaurus

Haha, I love that Albertosaurus!  Really nice job on the simplified style, I can imagine what he would look like animated. :D

I also like the nice thick neck on Diabloceratops.  It always bugs me when I see thin necks on those.  With such heavy heads, they should have some thick muscles there and possibly a nice layer of fat too.  Thick muscles, fat, and tough skin would help protect the neck even if a predator got past the bony frill. :)  He looks like his front shoulder could use some more muscle though.  The bone probably wouldn't have been so obvious, because it was the anchor point for a lot of muscles there.  I know rhinoceros probably aren't the best model, but they offer a really good starting point for how solid and muscular ceratopsians must've been. :)

photo not mine. I found it here...http://kufarooq.blogspot.com/2013/01/rhinoceros.html :)

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

alexeratops

Thanks for the input! The rhino reference will be put to good use.  :D
like a bantha!

alexeratops

I spent a while on this Rodan art here for a Monster March prompt a couple weeks ago.

And here's a couple school doodles I found (ignore the strangely proportioned man):

like a bantha!

Halichoeres

I'm not sure if the problem is at my end or yours, but these images aren't showing up for me.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

alexeratops

Been a while.

As my first real dive into digital art, I made this Allosaurus. Hope y'all like it.
Also, update on my life since my last post was sophomore year. I'm now entering my senior year of high school, and I like to think I've improved to some extent.
like a bantha!

Newt

Shonisaurus

Justin_

When I Quote your last post there's image tags with a really, really long URL, but it isn't for an image.

alexeratops

Art I made of a keeper working with Spheniscus megaramphus in a fictional Paleozoo: https://www.instagram.com/projectpaleozoo/

And a galloping Kaprosuchus, also for the same Paleozoo book project. Hope y'all enjoy!
like a bantha!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.