News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The Great Photobucket Purge

Started by DinoToyForum, July 07, 2017, 04:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

i went to photobucket to retrieve some pics but the website just wont open/load. i wonder if it's the same for other people.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: sauroid on July 20, 2017, 05:57:45 AM
i went to photobucket to retrieve some pics but the website just wont open/load. i wonder if it's the same for other people.

Did you see walls of adverts?

Nebuloid

Just deleted all my pictures, and my account. Almost crashed my laptop...  :o

sauroid

Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 20, 2017, 02:41:05 PM
Quote from: sauroid on July 20, 2017, 05:57:45 AM

Did you see walls of adverts?
no. it just says "This site can't be reached"
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Halichoeres

It was very, very satisfying to delete the account. I got a follow up email. No doubt it was automated, but it was also very satisfying to tell them what activities they ought to engage in with themselves.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

BlueKrono

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 21, 2017, 05:59:03 AM
It was very, very satisfying to delete the account. I got a follow up email. No doubt it was automated, but it was also very satisfying to tell them what activities they ought to engage in with themselves.

Tell them where to go.   >:D
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Doug Watson

I have started replacing the images in my collection thread with Postimage. I hope they don't pull a fast one on us down the road. I worry because I can't see how they make any money since there are no ads on their site.
Either way this will take me along time, mage it to page 5 of 19 tonight. :(

MLMjp

Done!

Fortunately I did not have that many pictures posted so it was not a very tedious process. But now everything is visible again.

Now anyone knows if I there is some way to delete my photobucket account....Or I just leave it as it is and never come back?

postsaurischian

My collection thread is also done. it took me two weeks to repair 63 pages.
It would be cool if the remaining Photobucked signs (mostly in other members's quotes) will also eventually disappear one day.
I'd like to forget about them.
:P Now off to other threads .......

P.S.: Extra thanks go to RobinGoodfellow who could help me out with some of my pics that got lost!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 22, 2017, 06:37:46 PM
My collection thread is also done. it took me two weeks to repair 63 pages.
It would be cool if the remaining Photobucked signs (mostly in other members's quotes) will also eventually disappear one day.
I'd like to forget about them.
:P Now off to other threads .......

P.S.: Extra thanks go to RobinGoodfellow who could help me out with some of my pics that got lost!

Thanks! I'll deal with the quoted ones, all in good time. The DTF will be a completely Photobucket free zone.

suspsy

I did not go back and restore all the pages in my collection thread; I simply added new photos on the last page. If you wish to delete all previous pages, then go right ahead.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

DinoToyForum

Quote from: suspsy on July 22, 2017, 07:59:24 PM
I did not go back and restore all the pages in my collection thread; I simply added new photos on the last page. If you wish to delete all previous pages, then go right ahead.

Initiative 2 will see all Photobucket images deleted from the forum by me, so any members willing to purge Photobucket from their own threads will save me doing it later.

Takama

Go ahead and Delete any Photobucket images you find on my posts. as i have not used it for years and i HAVE no clue which posts have them anymore

suspsy

Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 22, 2017, 08:18:13 PM

Initiative 2 will see all Photobucket images deleted from the forum by me, so any members willing to purge Photobucket from their own threads will save me doing it later.

How does one delete posts though?
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

DinoToyForum

Quote from: suspsy on July 22, 2017, 09:11:28 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 22, 2017, 08:18:13 PM

How does one delete posts though?

Not the posts, just the photobucket images. If it means blank posts, so be it. Better that than dead Photobucket spam littering the forum :)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Takama on July 22, 2017, 08:38:21 PM
Go ahead and Delete any Photobucket images you find on my posts. as i have not used it for years and i HAVE no clue which posts have them anymore

The more members that clean up their own backlog of Photobucket posts, the less I'll have to do. ;) Teamwork  O:-)

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

WarrenJB

Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 22, 2017, 10:47:34 PM
Better that than dead Photobucket spam littering the forum :)

Is that dead spam from Photobucket, or spam from dead Photobucket? ;D

DinoToyForum

Quote from: WarrenJB on July 23, 2017, 07:16:28 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 22, 2017, 10:47:34 PM
Better that than dead Photobucket spam littering the forum :)

Is that dead spam from Photobucket, or spam from dead Photobucket? ;D

Both, I suppose!  :))

Georassic

I deleted everything I could find from my photobucket stuff. Admin can kill anything I missed...

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.