News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

preferable scale for sculptures (therizinosaurus update 5)

Started by spinosaurus1, July 10, 2017, 11:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

what scale would yo like my smaller line to

1:72
3 (10.3%)
1:40
15 (51.7%)
1:35
6 (20.7%)
1:30
5 (17.2%)

Total Members Voted: 29

WarrenJB

Nicccce.

I'm a bit late to the party but if casting, I might've suggested 1/50 - 1/56. Few people ever got rich on 28-32mm tabletop gaming figures, but if you could grab a couple of crossover sales...

ZoPteryx

The world still needs a good and accurate Therizinosaurus, and I think this is going to be it!  If you end up casting these, I'd definitely be interested in buying.  ;)

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on July 15, 2017, 11:57:22 PM
i decided to conjoin the 2nd and 3rd digits. completely plausible afaik and adds some uniqueness to the sculpture imo

That's the route I would've gone as well.  I think we're well on our way to discovering this was standard for coelurosaurs.

modelnut

I prefer 1/24 scale. I already have a menagerie building up. A lot need to be painted though.  :(

- Leelan

alexeratops

Thank you for doing my favorite dinosaur justice! There's always been something off about the CollectA Deluxe one to me, I'm glad to see you taking a new shot at it! It looks spectacular so far!
like a bantha!

spinosaurus1

Newt

Looking good! It's already getting a feeling of mass and ponderous weight. I like the fold of skin over the base of the toes.

spinosaurus1

thank you Newt :)

really wanted to make the feet look like they could bare therizinosaurus weight. an animal as wide as therizinosaurus is going to need the extra cushioning ;)

now close to finishing the hands now. once done i'm going to get the limbs on the other side up to par. then it's off to texturing the belly

ZoPteryx

Looking really good!  :)  Curious how you're going to handle the feathers.

spinosaurus1

ZoPteryx: i'm going to have the feathers done separate once the skin is finished

more progress on the theri

spinosaurus1

Newt

spinosaurus1

thanks Newt. therizinosaurus was thick all around... except for the head and neck of coarse XD

ZoPteryx

I like the addition of that propatagium like structure, this is turning out awesome!  ;D

spinosaurus1

Quote from: ZoPteryx on August 03, 2017, 12:46:55 AM
I like the addition of that propatagium like structure, this is turning out awesome!  ;D

thank you :) yeah, decided to give this guy some prominent flesh anatomy that is comenly looked over in most therizinosaurus figures and sculptures. plus it really adds to the meatyness of the sculpture. therizinosaurus was no joke, it was built like a brick XD

alexeratops

I love it! The texturing is amazing.

Sorry if this is redundant or has already been asked, but are you adding feathers or leaving it scaly? It would look great either way though.  ^-^
like a bantha!

spinosaurus1

thank you :)

i originally was going to make just a feathered version, but i was actually quite surprise by the amount of people who were interested in getting this sculpture featherless, so i would be looking into making two versions.

Archinto

This is looking awesome! I really like the approach you are taking with this. The syndactyly of the hands looks really good. I've always figured therizinosaurs had syndactylous hands to make them stronger for digging scraping etc... Looking forward to seeing the final result! :)
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.