News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Netflix GODZILLA: SINGULAR POINT

Started by dragon53, October 07, 2020, 06:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

GODZILLA: SINGULAR POINT---Netflix Godzilla CGI-anime underway.

Dynomikegojira

A much needed surprised after the wasted potiental of the anime trilogy and Godzilla already looks like a beast to be reckoned with based on that headshot.
Lots of cool and talented people are involved and I'm glad it's a mixture of 2D animation and CG so I'm impressed I just hope that this time Godzilla isn't a stiff statue this time with limited movement. Give me DBZ style fight with Godzilla.

Giganotosaurus

I really like that there will be many kaiju in this series. Thank goodness I still have my Netflix, this and the Pacific Rim anime will be must watches this year.

Also, I'm probably the only one who loved the anime trilogy.
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

ITdactyl

Episode 1 was released in Japan yesterday, and the rest of the episodes will follow on a weekly basis.

Netflix will release all episodes within the month.

Episode 1 was pure set-up. I like the animation and the Japanese voice acting, but I won't judge the story yet since my limited Nihongo only let me pick up maybe half of the dialogue. We get to meet most of the protagonists and 1 of the Kaiju makes a brief appearance near the end of the episode.

I hope people don't compare this to "Godzilla vs Kong" because it has a different vibe. Since it is a Japanese production, Godzilla is back to being treated as a deified natural disaster rather than as a hero/anti-hero.

Can't wait for the Netflix release. I hope the English dub will have a similar quality of voice acting as the Japanese version.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: ITdactyl on April 02, 2021, 04:33:28 AM
Episode 1 was released in Japan yesterday, and the rest of the episodes will follow on a weekly basis.

Netflix will release all episodes within the month.

Episode 1 was pure set-up. I like the animation and the Japanese voice acting, but I won't judge the story yet since my limited Nihongo only let me pick up maybe half of the dialogue. We get to meet most of the protagonists and 1 of the Kaiju makes a brief appearance near the end of the episode.

I hope people don't compare this to "Godzilla vs Kong" because it has a different vibe. Since it is a Japanese production, Godzilla is back to being treated as a deified natural disaster rather than as a hero/anti-hero.

Can't wait for the Netflix release. I hope the English dub will have a similar quality of voice acting as the Japanese version.

"Since it is a Japanese production, Godzilla is back to being treated as a deified natural disaster rather than as a hero/anti-hero."
What about the 60s-70s
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

ITdactyl

avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954 , you're right. I just meant compared to the recent American films.

Weird thing about the anime: the main characters (who are Japanese) frequently speak English (or Engrish, as we say in jest - due to their mother-tongue influence)... and yet when the scenes shift to America and Europe, all the natives are shown to speak fluent Nihongo. ;D

9 episodes in, on a 13-episode run and yet not a lot has happened. Don't get me wrong, every episode has lots of great action scenes, quirky characters and pseudo-science but the main story moves at a glacial pace.

'Don't mean to complain; I'm enjoying the slow burn. Can't wait to see what the last 4 episodes bring.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.