News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Dinosaurs in the Wild Dakotaraptor and Tyrannosaurus

Started by Patrx, July 20, 2017, 08:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueKrono

I agree with not including non-polymer figures. While ceramic and metal still fall under what I collect, fabric pushes the limits. Then we get into gray areas like quilts and flat plushies. I wouldn't add paper figures either even if they have some element of 3-dimensionality to them. That's a rule that Joe DeMarco follows in Dinosauriana. Likewise I would exclude carved wooden figures - they are very difficult to make a mass-produced line of since each one is going to have its unique quirks. In short, I only go in for things that haven't been alive within the past million years.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

ZoPteryx

Roselaar

I agree with your points, BlueKrono and Halichoeres. So this Dakotaraptor figure will be added to the USL. Patrx, I used your picture, let me know if you mind.

Dobber

Man I really want the Dakotaraptor. The plush is one is cool too, is it still available? What is USL?

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Patrx

Quote from: Dobber on July 26, 2017, 10:52:04 PM
Man I really want the Dakotaraptor. The plush is one is cool too, is it still available? What is USL?

Chris

So do I! In point of fact, if anyone who is fortunate enough to be visiting Dinosaurs in the Wild or TetZooCon, I would be very grateful for assistance in securing one of these Dakotaraptors.

The plush one (by Rebecca Groom of Palaeoplushies) was part of the Saurian game Kickstarter, and is sadly no longer available. Also, I think "USL" in this case is referring to the Unique Species List.

stargatedalek

Fortunately for me I don't like the lions mane styled Tyrannosaurus, that's one I won't need to track down.

If anyone has access to them (I assume they'll be restocked at some point if they're meant to tie-in with this exhibit?), I would be interested in purchasing a Dakotaraptor.

Carnosaur

Halichoeres

Monster House seems to have gotten hold of a few of these, and they're selling them for $100 (Tyrannosaurus) and $90 (Dakotaraptor) and $40 each for shipping. Thanks to the forum, I got my Dakotaraptor for about half that. Huzzah for the forum, and a big raspberry to Monster House, the consummate scalpers.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Patrx

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.