News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Pachyrhinosaurus' Art

Started by Pachyrhinosaurus, July 25, 2017, 04:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilSauria

Truely amazing! That is one impressive Sauropod. What material are you using? I have tried to sculpt a couple of times and used air dried clay, but it dries out too soon not alowing much detail and tends to crack during the drying stage. very frustrating!

Lanthanotus

Looks to me like Pachyrhinosaurus used Premo (the pink, flesh tone one) and SuperSculpey (the gray one), both harden in the oven at like 130 degree C. Personally I like to work with Sculpey (medium blend) rather than Premo.

PhilSauria

Thanks, I'll look into those two and see if I can finally get one of these figures off the ground - my ambition is to make the sort of Apatosaurus that I am not seeing from the paleo figure companies, outside of Sideshow, whose products I'll never be able to afford, or even come close to emulating for that matter! But you have to start somewhere.

AcroSauroTaurus

You've really improved a lot over the years. Great work. ;)
I am the Dinosaur King!

WarrenJB

That's some progress from '11! Excellent work. :)

Pachyrhinosaurus

Thank you, all!

The alamosaurus is in 1:40.

You were close, Lanthanotus. The gray material is a mix between Super Sculpey and Super Sculpey firm, and the beige is just Super Sculpey.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Now that I have my copy of PT #123 it's time to post the Ceratosaurus:

Joey

Very nice, I love the wrinkles and color scheme.  ;D

Newt

Consistently excellent work, very impressive. Have you considered molding and casting these?

Jose S.M.

It looks great, I like the pose.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Thank you  :)

Quote from: Newt on November 23, 2017, 04:18:15 PM
Consistently excellent work, very impressive. Have you considered molding and casting these?

I've been considering it for a while now but every time I finish a piece I'm not satisfied with it enough to go through with it but hopefully sometime.

Pachyrhinosaurus

My latest model, Eurypterus remipes, 1:1 scale from PT #124

And a work in progress, my forum namesake-- Pachyrhinosaurus lakustai

Jose S.M.

The Eurypterus looks great and what you have of that Pachyrhinosaurus looks very nice too.

Halichoeres

Nice mudbug! How long is it, roughly?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Pachyrhinosaurus

Thanks!

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 11, 2018, 03:30:06 PM
Nice mudbug! How long is it, roughly?

It's just over four and a half inches long. Sorry, I'm sure I went looking for my tape measure after you asked and got distracted.  :))

Now for my latest piece, Pachyrhinosaurus lakustai

With a pachyrhinosaurus I made in 2011

tyrantqueen

dutchdinolover

I like you're sculpture's. It is nice to see the progressions you are making.

I'm close to finishing a alamsaurus skulpt myself and hope to show some pictures on the near future on forum.

Keep up the good work Cheers

Pachyrhinosaurus

Thank you! It's always encouraging to see how far I've come.

Quote from: dutchdinolover on October 13, 2018, 11:29:36 PM
I'm close to finishing a alamsaurus skulpt myself and hope to show some pictures on the near future on forum.

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it!

Jose S.M.

That Pachyrhinosaurus is gorgeous!

Bokisaurus

I admire your work a lot, and you were one of the artist here that inspired me to try my hands on sculpting this year ;D
Very impressive work. I just hope that one day I can get to that level.
Cheers!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.