News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Pachyrhinosaurus' Art

Started by Pachyrhinosaurus, July 25, 2017, 04:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyrhinosaurus

Thank you!

Quote from: Bokisaurus on October 17, 2018, 06:30:55 PM
I admire your work a lot, and you were one of the artist here that inspired me to try my hands on sculpting this year ;D
Very impressive work. I just hope that one day I can get to that level.
Cheers!

It's encouraging to know I was part of your inspiration. When you first posted yours they reminded me of some of my earlier pieces, probably because of the qualities of original Sculpey.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Newt

That Pachyrhinosaurus is boss!  ;D

Very nice work. Trim and elegant but with a convincing sense of heft.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That Pachyrhinosaurus is absolutely stunning.

Edit - Scratch that, every one of your pieces in this thread are amazing ^-^
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Pachyrhinosaurus

Save Dinoland USA!

Pachyrhinosaurus

My next sculpt is Sauropelta.

For this one I decided to go back to the basics and focus more on the animal itself, with simplicity in pose and colors. It parallels several aspects of my much older stegosaurus, which can be seen at the beginning of this thread.
Save Dinoland USA!

Jose S.M.

ZoPteryx

That's fantastic, well done!

Killekor

I really like your Sauropelta, Pachyrhinosaurus!
It looks so natural, so quiet. I've probably never seen a dinosaur model with such a kind look in its eye. Plus, its detailing is really well made, and the color scheme suits it perfectly.
Congratulations for your work! If it was a figure released by a brand i would buy it.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Halichoeres

That's gorgeous. Really an excellent sculpt.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Kapitaenosavrvs

Very beautuful Animals. Everyone said it before, but: Lovely to see your Progress. The Sauropelta looks gorgeous. Keep up the good Work!

Are you working in this field, or is it just your way to do what you love?

Shonisaurus

The sauropelta has worked like a charm. Your figures do not differ in quality from those of many resin dinosaur brands.

Nice and awesome!

Pachyrhinosaurus

Thanks everyone!

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on February 10, 2020, 12:48:06 PM
Are you working in this field, or is it just your way to do what you love?

Not currently, but I'm going to school to earn a BFA and BSE in art education.
Save Dinoland USA!

Pachyrhinosaurus

Going back to better times, this Stegosaurus was a turning point in my sculpting. It was the first piece of mine to have been made with a more elaborate armature, securely assembled and anchored into a wood base. Without having to worry about stability, I could focus more on the sculpt itself. It was also the first time I used Super Sculpey; it's made entirely out of the firm variety. I made this piece my sophomore year of high school in 2013, which was before the Sophie specimen was published.

Save Dinoland USA!

Shonisaurus

That sculpture is very pretty. By the way the thagomizer on the stegosaurus tail could be rotated as flexibly as you show it? On the other hand the sculpture is very detailed and is quite good. You sculpt very well.

Halichoeres

Great work. The angle of the markings on the plates has the interesting effect of making it hard to visually resolve the orientation of the plates themselves. I can imagine this as a sort of disruptive coloration that would confuse predators trying to attack the squishier bits beneath without injuring themselves.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Lanthanotus

Said it before, but your skills have obviously greatly improved and I especially like that Sauropelta, a gorgeous piece in both, detials of sculpting and painting :)

Libraraptor

Great work! Your skills have been improving since 2011, that´s for sure!

Pachyrhinosaurus

Thank you all!

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 05, 2020, 12:09:01 AM
By the way the thagomizer on the stegosaurus tail could be rotated as flexibly as you show it?

I think stegosaurus had a very flexible tail. This is an older model though and I don't quite remember if it was intentional or not.

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 10, 2020, 05:28:06 PM
The angle of the markings on the plates has the interesting effect of making it hard to visually resolve the orientation of the plates themselves. I can imagine this as a sort of disruptive coloration that would confuse predators trying to attack the squishier bits beneath without injuring themselves.

That's an interesting interpretation. The markings on the plates were inspired by the wing pattern on sunbitterns.

This is the latest piece that I've been working on:

Save Dinoland USA!

Brocc21

Some seriously impressive stuff man. Nice work. Man I wish I was good at things.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Brocc21 on October 11, 2020, 05:10:15 AM
Man I wish I was good at things.

This happens, when you start with something. Fail and fail and progress. Stop. Start again. fail again. Repeat.
Something like Talent ( Whatever this is exactly) sounds nice, but everyone needs to start at some point to master something.

Your daily Kitten Calender.

But i feel you. A lot.

avatar_Pachyrhinosaurus @Pachyrhinosaurus

Again, great Stuff! Reminds me instantly of the new chunky Sue. What are you using for the Eyes? I saw that a couple of times, that Modeleyes were used in Sculpts this small/big. I always just find eyes for puppets, that are way too big. Eyes are to important.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.