News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Schleich: New for 2018

Started by Takama, July 31, 2017, 10:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Quote from: tanystropheus on August 05, 2017, 12:15:07 AM
There are folks here that will gladly pick up the Tawa, even if it ends up looking like a Troodon. It's to fulfill the 'obscure' dinosaur checklist  ;)

Guilty. The only way I won't is if Safari or CollectA or somebody also makes one in 2018.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Takama

Ok   someone ACTAULLY OWNS. a retailers catalog for 2018 and she confirmed that YES this list is legit. However I do not think everything is finalized for production so anything you see might be cancelled just like the Plesiosaurus.

She reports that the Dinogorgon is a finalized figure, but the Tawa is just a concept drawing.   So dont get your hopes up for any of these figures.

EDIT

Apparently All the other models Except the Tawa are Finalized.   
http://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t18653p100-schleich-2018-probably#342413

CityRaptor

Yes, but normally Schleich does not show figures in catalogues if they cancel them later.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Reptilia

Let's hope for some leak in the coming weeks.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Takama on August 11, 2017, 08:32:20 PM
Ok   someone ACTAULLY OWNS. a retailers catalog for 2018 and she confirmed that YES this list is legit. However I do not think everything is finalized for production so anything you see might be cancelled just like the Plesiosaurus.

Why did they cancel the Plesiosaurus?! It's like the one model that Schleich could actually do justice....It's as if they don't even know their strengths as a company. SMH.

Reptilia

We have no proof the Plesiosaurus has been cancelled, all we know is that a product page of it showed up on the Schleich website for some time, and was taken down shortly after. There was no image, and the catalogue number was different from those of the current line. It must have been a mistake, the company never announced the release of a Plesiosaurus figure. It might be scheduled for the future, who knows, but we can't say it's been cancelled.

Takama

Reptilia has a point.

Thing is, I asked Schelich about the Plesiosaurus on Facebook, and they clearly stated that this was not a product that they were offering.

Reptilia

That would confirm it's been a mistake. Maybe someone in charge of updating the site have put up a random prehistoric animal name to try some layout tweaks, and the thing went temporarily online by accident. Or maybe Schleich's website has been hacked. I would have loved to see a Plesiosaurus from them though, so I'll just keep hoping they'll release one next year and they simply don't want to anticipate their plans to people.

sauroid

they'd ruin their Plesiosaurus figure by putting white gum drop shaped teeth.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Irritation

Just because they cancelled the Plesiosaurus, doesn't mean that we will never get one. Maybe in 2019.

SpartanSquat

Probably Plesiosaur was from the old collection. We are going to have it? We dont know if its still in the plans. The forums that Takama posted mentioned all the dinosaurs are for the first half of the year, probably we will have more dinosaurs like this year with Acrocanthosaurus and Kentrosaurus. Probably the next year we will get a sneak peek of the 2019 line like the new rex, carno and raptor. Im thinking we will get a new parasaurolophus, saichania, spinosaurus and giganotosaurus.

CityRaptor

Well, the last Plesiosaur made by Schleich was the Elasmosaurus they retired years ago.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SpartanSquat

Well someone in STS posted the description of the new dinosaurs from the catalog. This are for the first half of the year.
Dinosaurs

14585 - Velociraptor
> The model is now branded LE on the schleich website. I think the green and yellow don't suit each other, but it is good that the feathers are slowly becoming a thing now!

14586 - Carnotaurus
> The model is now branded LE on the schleich website. I like the slender running hunter type look he has and the color suits well. Of course I make fun of the friggen tiny arms. I like how his tail is carried high and not dragging on the ground and how his scales are so distinct.

14587 - T-Rex
> The model is now branded LE on the schleich website. Overall well made, but I don't like the narrowness of the head, it makes the beast look sort of derpy. I also think feathered T-Rex would work better with this model's posture.

15000 - Triceratops
> A brown model with red striped on the back and the frill. He is seems to be walking/running and has his mouth slightly open. Well made with nice wrinkles and scales and the horns seem a bit worn.

15001 - Oviraptor
> Well made! I lack the skill to describe the model accurately. It is a feathered dinosaur, with the silhouette of an ostrich, but with an extended tails and arm-wings with two claws, which are held off from the body. It is grey, white, blue and yellow and seems to be screetching.

15002 - Dinogorgon [Shanks]
> A brown snarling beast with black striped down his back and neck. Muscular, but sleek, a tad toyish, but in no way gastly looking.

15003 - Therizinosaurus
> The current model, but with a dull black/grey color and red fringing on the tail and red striped on the head.

15004 - Psittacosaurus
> Green in different shades and with a very curious investigative poise. Has quills on the end of the tail and pink horns on the top and sides of the head.

15005 - Tawa [Skjelg]
> A slender, brown dinosaur with quils along the spine and thin limbs. He looks ver sleek and dangerous and I really really like it.
At least the oviraptor is feathered. I hoped for a new therizinosaurus model. I wanted a therizinosaurus that resemble to the isle, a giant ostrich with sloth and anteater

Faelrin

Assuming this is true of course (beyond the first three with images already), then I have to say I'm still looking forward to the Dinogorgon. Seems like it'll be similar to the thylacine based Kenner Jurassic Park Lycaenops in terms of the color scheme. I'll still have to wait and see once the image(s) of it start to show up, to know for sure. Don't think I'll be interested in any of the others from the way they sound though.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Reptilia

Sounds like my guess was right, or at least very close...

15005 - Tawa [Skjelg]
> A slender, brown dinosaur with quils along the spine and thin limbs. He looks ver sleek and dangerous and I really really like it.

Quote from: Reptilia on August 01, 2017, 01:54:58 PM
That Tawa would look like a decent companion style-wise to their Herrerasaurus, shrink-wrapped skull and dull colour are perfect.

So the Therizinosaurus is just a repaint? Disappointing.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: RolandEden on August 12, 2017, 11:06:03 PM
Probably Plesiosaur was from the old collection. We are going to have it? We dont know if its still in the plans. The forums that Takama posted mentioned all the dinosaurs are for the first half of the year, probably we will have more dinosaurs like this year with Acrocanthosaurus and Kentrosaurus. Probably the next year we will get a sneak peek of the 2019 line like the new rex, carno and raptor. Im thinking we will get a new parasaurolophus, saichania, spinosaurus and giganotosaurus.

It will in any case be the new tyrannosaurus rex, carnotaurus and  feathered velociraptor for 2018 not for 2019.

The most anticipated for me (I have faith that they will improve the figures) is the dinogorgon, tawa, feathered oviraptor and therizinosaurus. The triceratops being a well-known figure I'm not so interested.

terrorchicken

Ive been dying for a good feathered oviraptor figure and still looking forward to the dinogorgon. Hope these aren't disappointing!

sauroid

since Oviraptor didnt have teeth (and sharp toothed Schleich prehistoric figures usually suck badly), im hoping that this new figure would be a sure buy for me for next year.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Reptilia

I'm afraid they will mess with the feathering on the fore limbs. At least this year's models aren't promising in that sense.

Irritation

I hope some of these rumors are true. We need some decent creatures since this years was a bad one.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.