News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The 2017 Dinosaur Diorama And Photography Contest - Entries!

Started by Kayakasaurus, August 01, 2017, 01:28:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayakasaurus

I'm very happy to present all 28 Great Dioramas this year!

Feel free to discuss but please keep the Dioramas anonymous! Judges have been selected to vote and award three prizes, one for Best Diorama, One for Best Photography, and after these two have been decided, a Third for Best Overall!

1. A Big Choice

2. Narcissus, the beautiful postosuchus

3. Eye of the storm

4. Close call

5. Father and Son

6. Kem Kem Fisher

7. Over the Horizon

8. Watch your Children!

9. The Shield Bearer

10. Walk the earth

11. Ceratosaurs Attack

12. Einiosaurus's Evening Supper

13. Rocky Road

14. Hadrosaurs are friends not food

15. I'm not on the menu today

16. MAYHEM IN LARAMIDIA

17. Cretaceous King

18. Sensing a Disturbance in the Forest

19. Dreary

20. Life's greatest recovery begins...

21. Wanna play bull hunting? Beware of the Bully!

22. Reflections of the Past

23. Flyover

25. Even crocgirls get the blues

26. Share the Water!

27. The uninvited dinner guests

28. Parched

Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Uncle Rex

Wow! Very impressive entries for this year's contest. Congrats to all. I'll look forward to the judges' choices.

Neosodon

Wow! Even though it's not the official contest I think it is actually better than last years. I'm glad I'm not a judge.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

AcroSauroTaurus

Lots of tyrannosaurids this year... They look really good, some really beautiful ones too.
I am the Dinosaur King!

acro-man

My eyes, flooded with tears.
Elegant, graceful, majestic, stunning...
I am wordless.
So lucky to be a DTF member in my life :'( :'( :'(
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

BlueKrono

Is this an appropriate place to share our personal picks, or should we leave that to the judges proper?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Simon

This is hands down the best crop of outdoor diorama shots that we have ever had in a DTF diorama contest!  Great work everybody!!!

Since there is no poll, does that mean that we won't have to wait a month to find out the winners? 

Libraraptor

No poll but judges?  Hm. Okay.  As for me I once again forgot to participate... By the way,  I like Nr.20 most.

ZoPteryx

Tons of strong entries this year!  Some of these look like stills from a high quality documentary!  :o

Nebuloid

Amazing entries  ! Guess I won't be winning when I compare my entry with my favorites, which would be 18-2-3, but I know we're not voting...

Lanthanotus

Nice entries, with the silence before the final entry date I wouldn't have expected so many entires :)

Even without a poll, I have to say I am especially fond of artificial dioramas (my top fav is N0 20), but there's also some quite nice outdoor shots among the entries.

What is that ankylosaur figure in pic. 26?

Federreptil

Wow, I'm impressed and proud to be part of this. Thank you all!

Pachyrhinosaurus

Great entries, everyone! As always, I think I can pick out who did which for some of them... just part of the fun.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Simon

In a way I am glad that I'm not voting, because there are so many worthy entries that I would have a really, really tough time deciding how to rank the top 3!

LeapingLaelaps

These are all so amazing! ;D
I can't wait to see who the winners are

Gwangi

Awesome entries everyone, there are a couple standouts in particular that I'm rooting for but it would certainly be hard to vote. I wasn't able to enter this year, all of my dinosaurs are packed away!

Bokisaurus

Wow, Impressive works everyone! Some really nice ones this year. Also great diversity and species representation as well, all that is missing is some marine scenes ;D
I have 4 dioramas I really love and can't wait to see who made them.
Good luck everyone who participated, can't wait to see who the winners are.

Maybe, after the the official judging and before the winners are announced, maybe a fan favorite poll? Even without a prize, I'm curious what the  DTF members would vote for :)
Thanks again for putting the contest together and the prize Kayakasaurus!

ceratopsian

Paleona

Great job, everyone ^-^ If I had to choose my top three I'd pick 18-15-23! 18 in particular really appeals to me; it's true that I am biased when it comes to the Battat Parasaurolophus, haha, but I just love the atmosphere! Does anyone know what figure they used for the babies? I love them.
I agree that it would be nice to do a "fan favorite" poll for fun after the official voting is over.

Also @Lanthanotus - I was wondering what that lovely ankylosaur figure was, too! I did some digging, and I'm pretty sure it's the Kaiyodo Saichania. It's beautiful!! :')

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.