News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The 2017 Dinosaur Diorama And Photography Contest - Entries!

Started by Kayakasaurus, August 01, 2017, 01:28:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebuloid

Quote from: Paleona on August 01, 2017, 04:41:09 PM
18 in particular really appeals to me; it's true that I am biased when it comes to the Battat Parasaurolophus, haha, but I just love the atmosphere!
I agree that it would be nice to do a "fan favorite" poll for fun after the official voting is over.

Fully agree with these two points !

Patrx

Lovely entries and great variety this year, folks. I'm almost relieved to know I don't have to vote - picking favorites would be difficult.

laticauda

Great entries this year.  Good job and good luck everyone. 

I asked my son witch one was his favorite, he made me scroll up and down, back and forth, then pointed to his own.   ::) :)

Reptilia

The picture of the Papo T-Rex staring at the sea is my favourite, looks almost like a frame straight out of a JP movie. I wonder if the ceratopsians in picture 25 were all actually customized to look like Collecta's Nasutoceratops, or if they simply used some color effect.

Patrx

I've just realized that entry #12 is strongly reminiscent of Phil Tippett's "Prehistoric Beast", at least, to my eye.

Jose S.M.

Great entries! My favorite is 20, but for the second and third place I can decide, there are many great ones.

postsaurischian

:D Some very nice photographs! It's hard but I got my top three.

Quote from: Libraraptor on August 01, 2017, 07:52:23 AM
... By the way,  I like Nr.20 most.

I do agree - a very strong contender :).

Simon

I am curious to see whether this year's judges will be as unpredictable as our voters have been in past DTF contests.   

Like I said, there are so many awesome entries I would have a real hard time ranking them if I had to vote.  This is the strongest crop of photos in DTF history, despite the smaller overall number of entries...

BlueKrono

My top three are

with #7 as honorable mention.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Silvanusaurus

Excellent selection of entries, congratulations! It would definitely be hard to pick a favourite, and thankfully i dont have to!  ;)
I have to say i'm very dissapointed i couldn't give much time to my own entry this year, unfortunately i've had to step away somewhat from the whole hobby these past few months due to so many other pressures building up.  :(
I'm happy to see it's still as vibrant as ever, as evidenced with this years competition, it'll be very intriguing to see how the judging works out...

Simon

Kayakasaurus - What is the next step in the process?  When will the judging take place and how long before we know the results?

Federreptil

Because a non-official poll isn't in sight, here my favorites ;)
For a own-build-diorama (no surprise) no. 20 and for an outdoor shot no. 3. And a very special mention to no. 2, 9 and 22. If there is a sixth vote, I would take my own. Six votes (like the common multiple vote system for a dtf-contest) would easier to give than less. But after this it would be complicated because there are so many strong entries.

ZoPteryx

So hard to pick just three!  :o  I'll have to separate them into categories.

Favorite Dioramas (more than half is self made): #8, #20, #25
Favorite Outdoor Photos (editing minimal): #2, #6, #18
Assorted Favorites: #10, #15, #28
Honorable Mentions: #1, #3, #9, #14, #23

Kayakasaurus

Quote from: Simon on August 02, 2017, 11:39:18 AM
Kayakasaurus - What is the next step in the process?  When will the judging take place and how long before we know the results?

The process has already begun! We're starting with the Best overall entry, after that is decided we will vote on the Best Diorama and Best Photography. It's simply a matter of communicating across four different time zones lol  :). After that results will come. In the meantime It's great to see everyone's guesses and personal favorites, so many great ones!
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Mr. Challenger

acro-man

I will give my 3 most, most, most, most... favorites to Nr.3 18 25
The rest are equally good.
Congrats!
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

throughmistyeyes

These are all so wonderful! My family and I scrolled and admired them all! I love that my husband and boys enjoy my hobby too!
My top three are 2,10,6.
My husband likes 3,9,16.
My 14 yr old son likes 12,14,16.
My 9 yr old son likes 2,9,28.
My 7 yr old likes 14,16,19,20,22,27,28! Lol He said he did not just like 3! Haha
Great job everyone!

Kaprosaurus

Simon

Quote from: throughmistyeyes on August 05, 2017, 02:02:53 AM
These are all so wonderful! My family and I scrolled and admired them all! I love that my husband and boys enjoy my hobby too!
My top three are 2,10,6.
My husband likes 3,9,16.
My 14 yr old son likes 12,14,16.
My 9 yr old son likes 2,9,28.
My 7 yr old likes 14,16,19,20,22,27,28! Lol He said he did not just like 3! Haha
Great job everyone!

I am not surprised that a photographer like you would feel as you do about #2.  It is such a simple, yet beautifully effective photo.  One of my favorites, in fact if I HAD to vote it would be in my top 2 to be sure, probably my first pick. 

I am also quite pleased with how my own entry turned out, because it is the first time since I started participating in the contest that I was able to do something that I think 'works' in several different ways, so I think I kept my promise to create a photo that is visually interesting to look at.  Like I said, a lot of members really 'stepped up their game' this year.)

[I also have to add, without divulging too much, that I love the choices of the men in your family!!  ;) ;) )

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.