News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Kaiyodo: New for 2018

Started by Carnosaur, August 09, 2017, 03:36:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 25, 2018, 02:59:46 PM
As I said, I have not been to the cinema for economic reasons (I am devoted exclusively to the collection of prehistoric figures and that requires a lot of sacrifice) since 2006 and I did not see the King Kong movie but I have seen the google youtube videos of the fight of King Kong against the vastatosaurus and sincerely I am outraged that a simple monkey can physically with three impressive descendants of the tyrannosaurus rex in evolutionary way, although I know that it is only fiction I am a fan of tyrannosaurus and of the dinosaurs and in the movie of 2005 (as seen on YouTube) they are put as silly animals a vision that for me is very different from the JP / JW version.

Anyway, thanks for recreating avatar_IrritatorRaji @IrritatorRaji that scene of the film with these beautiful figures of Kaiyodo in this case with the green tyrannosaurus of the same brand.

I agree with your assessment of the fight scene - there's no possible way any living creature could force open the closing jaws of a T-Rex/ Vastatosaurus by main arm strength alone. The bite force of the muscles is simply too overwhelming. Similarly, the snapping of the T-Rex's neck by the JP Spinosaurus was foolish. The massive strength and sheer mass of the Rex's neck muscles needed to support and articulate the enormous head would protect the Rex from such an action by an opponent.

Shonisaurus

S @SidB I sincerely like the interpretation of the dinosaurs by the JP and JW franchises where the dinosaurs show them as intelligent beings and that punish the greedy and bad people with death. It is a more realistic vision of the tyrannosaurus of JP or JW than that of King Kong.

What is unreal as you say is the scene of the defeat of tyrannosaurus rex by spinosaurus. The tyrannosaurus had all the tricks to win that creature especially when we now know it was a semi-aquatic animal like hippos and even with that vision of pop paleoart JW would have no choice against the bite and musculature of Tyrannosaurus.

I like JP and JW on the other hand because the dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals that appear in the saga are executors of the perverse people and that mistreat the animals that is one of the positive aspects that I see of that film.

Of the Tyrannosaurus, I have a good impression of all the theropods that were much smarter than most people think.

SidB

I think so too. "Bird brain" is a term used as an insult, yet parrots and corvids outshine most mammals, including dogs and cats, in various problem-solving tests. This despite the apparently more "primitive" development of their brains. It seems that their brains are wired differently yet accomplish the same outcomes at an equal or even higher level.

stargatedalek

And that's not even addressing how generally ridiculous that scene is. Those massive animals bounce around like starlings, and blindly focus their effort on attacking the tiny human instead of overpowering the giant gorilla trying to kill them, just abandoning each other to be killed by it one at a time.

SidB

There's no business like show business, for sure. War isn't the only human activity where truth is the first casualty.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.