News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Kaiyodo: New for 2018

Started by Carnosaur, August 09, 2017, 03:36:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mauro "Raptor86"

Albertosaurus

Already preordered 2. One to keep it as it is, and a second one to modify the pose, fill in the gaps and paint it as a normal Shinzen kit.

postsaurischian

It's Kaiyodo Sofubi Toy Box 018A - which means there will be at least a second paint scheme.

Carnosaur

Quote from: Albertosaurus on January 29, 2018, 02:51:21 PM
Already preordered 2. One to keep it as it is, and a second one to modify the pose, fill in the gaps and paint it as a normal Shinzen kit.

Where did you order it from?

Blade-of-the-Moon

I just pre-ordered one from hlj.com  :  https://hlj.com/product/kyd00338/Act

No mention of different colors yet.  If there is it will prob be green. 

Carnosaur

It seems to be fairly poseable.

Shonisaurus

First of all I appreciate that Mauro "Raptor 86" has passed this link.

From what I see, it looks bigger than other Kaiyodo figures, although the hands that hold such Tyrannosaurus look like those of a boy of a few years or a young boy.

I see that they have made a beautiful and well painted figure. Sincerely I see it superior to other companies of articulated dinosaurs, Kaiyodo is one of the best companies in the Japanese market with Kinto Favorite for two examples.  8)

Apart from that the Japanese figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals have been in a higher percentage for adults, rather collectors and scientists although this figure I think it is intended for a younger audience.

Simon

Yes. It looks much better than in the early photos - one BIG problem for me that will keep me from getting it, however:  the small 1/40 scale ...  :(

suspsy

That looks pretty impressive!
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

stargatedalek

If it was larger I would absolutely buy one to customize, I'd gladly even double to have it be double the scale.

Blade-of-the-Moon

In regard to size, if it's 12" then that's still 9 more inches than a Kaiyodo mini. 

Flaffy

Not a fan of it's head position though, seems like it's permanent and can't be moves to look up.
Easy pass

Minmiminime

D'oh...just when I was thinking I have loads of them, so there won't be another T. rex I'm tempted by for a very long time, along comes this one :o Nice colour scheme and detail are swinging it for me!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Simon on February 03, 2018, 01:30:04 AM
Yes. It looks much better than in the early photos - one BIG problem for me that will keep me from getting it, however:  the small 1/40 scale ...  :(

I'm glad to hear it's 1/40. Kaiyodo tend to make their dinosaurs tiny (Dinotales) or ridiculously large (Dinoland old vinyls and such). They finally went with a nice medium size for once.

He's gonna look awesome alongside Battat, CollectA and Safari's rexes.

I may preorder. I prefer my dinosaurs to be a bit smaller, but T. rex is my favourite, so...

postsaurischian

Quote from: Minmiminime on February 03, 2018, 08:01:40 AM
D'oh...just when I was thinking I have loads of them, so there won't be another T. rex I'm tempted by for a very long time, along comes this one :o .......

;D The same goes for me! After buying the Sideshow Krentz Tyrannosaurus in 2009 I thought I'd never have to buy another T. rex again.
      Do not ask me how many I have bought since! At least I haven't bought any other 1:20 models. That really wouldn't be necessary.

I was able to resist the latest figures by Safari and CollectA.
      But sculpting, colours and this pose convinced me to go for one more king of the tyrant lizards:

BrontoScorpio

I don't understand :
I thought that would be a hollow Soft vinyl figure.
Is it  made of PVC ?

Halichoeres

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on February 03, 2018, 02:53:23 PM
I don't understand :
I thought that would be a hollow Soft vinyl figure.
Is it  made of PVC ?

I think you're right that it's hollow soft vinyl. I could be mistaken, as I don't actually own any of the Sofubi Toybox series, but in general "sofubi" refers to softer toys, according to this article (http://www.ebay.com/gds/What-Is-Sofubi-Toy-Collectors-/10000000204954609/g.html).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shadowknight1

I'd wait for reviews on the poseability.  If it has to be in a tripod stance to look straight, I think I'd probably pass even though the sculpt and paint is great looking.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Rain

Quote from: Flaffy on February 03, 2018, 06:33:15 AM
Not a fan of it's head position though, seems like it's permanent and can't be moves to look up.
Easy pass

I feel the same way. I really want it but I also really dislike the way the head is posed.

Joey

Why is everybody speculating if the head is articulated?
It has clear visible seams, it's obvious that the head is able to be put in a more neutral position.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.