News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

CollectA Blind bag with AR App

Started by Bokisaurus, October 02, 2017, 06:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

Okay, just came across this one. Never heard of them before, but it looks cool. Not sure if this series is new, or when it was released, but it looks like a blind bag set of the mini figures that comes with a card. There is an App you can download to use and scan the card.
Once scanned, it will bring up the dinosaur in full animated form, pretty cool.
The animation is very basic, but it looks pretty good.So, anyone has or have tried this before? Are they only available in Europe ( I assume)?
Here is the link tot he Youtube  video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LQ1Cek3Ws4

;D

stargatedalek

Hopefully they don't make anything exclusive to blind bags, hate blind picks :P

Reptilia

I did notice them on the Collecta website a while ago, but didn't think they were particularly interesting. I believe the figures are simply those from the mini sets that were commercialized in the previous years, so if you get the sets, or if you got them first time around, you don't need these blind bags. The app I think is a bit useless, frankly.

Shonisaurus

I absolutely can not afford to buy those blind bags. It is a waste of time and money already having the figures. In fact in a tablet (I do not have it) or in a computer can be observed dinosaurs in movement and in three dimensions.

I am satisfied with having the figures (and I have them) that are miniatures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals very well achieved.

Obviously I will not buy them.

ncreighton

These are actually pretty cool. But clearly, i am not the only one here that hates blind packs! I refuse to order blind packs online because it is a huge waste of money! Great share though I have never seen those!
http://howmucharehoverboards.net #1 Trusted Source For Honest & Accurate Hoverboard Reviews & Hoverboard News.

CityRaptor

Well, those are kinda pointless if they are identical to the tube versions.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Halichoeres

A while back I started a thread on why blind bags are a scam: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3810.0

Especially if these only contain figures you can already get in the tubes, I say we shouldn't reward CollectA for marketing figures this way.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

BlueKrono

Do we know that that's all they are?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

Quote from: BlueKrono on October 05, 2017, 01:13:59 AM
Do we know that that's all they are?
I guess we don't know for sure, but I think if there were new things in the blind bags we would have heard about it. I think CollectA would have made that a big deal and promoted it.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.