News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Libraraptor´s book collection

Started by Libraraptor, July 09, 2012, 08:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Dinosaurs and books are my two passions and go very well together. In this thread I would like to inform you about my books and answer questions about content, layout a.s.o.

I´d like to start with three classics from the "Neue Brehm Bücherei"

Three classics by Dougal Dixon!

This one is about the German Spinophorosaurus excavations in Africa:

The dino - renaissance bible:

To be continued  ;)

Roselaar

Looking good! :)

I really should start doing this too. I got plenty of old and lovely outdated dinosaur books all over the place.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Roselaar on July 09, 2012, 10:23:54 PM
Looking good! :)

I really should start doing this too. I got plenty of old and lovely outdated dinosaur books all over the place.

Pictures please!!! ;-)

Gwangi

Great collection. I really need to get those Dougal Dixon books someday. I have fond memories of always checking them out of the school library.

CityRaptor

Nice collection!

I have the German Version of "After Man", I hope to get "The New Dinosaurs" at some point. "Man after Man" not so much. Not a fan of body horror.
I also see that your "Dinosaur Heresies" is in a far better condition than mine ( got mine in an used book store, would have ended as landfill if I didn't buy it ), but my "Die Dinosaurier" is in a better condition than yours.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Libraraptor

Gwangi

"Gorgon" looks really interesting. I'll have to see if I can track down a copy of that.

Libraraptor

This is a curious book showing dinosaur figures in modern landscape. Great art!

Libraraptor

Just ordered

Terrible Lizard: The First Dinosaur Hunters and the Birth of a New Science (John MacRae Books) by Deborah Cadbury

Does anyone here already know the book? And can I look forward to reading it?

Himmapaan

Quote from: Libraraptor on July 21, 2012, 06:23:08 PM
Just ordered

Terrible Lizard: The First Dinosaur Hunters and the Birth of a New Science (John MacRae Books) by Deborah Cadbury

Does anyone here already know the book? And can I look forward to reading it?
Given its title, I imagine it must be the same book as The Dinosaur Hunters by the same author? I started reading it but for various reasons hadn't continued it yet.  :-[ But I did enjoy what I've read so far. It also comes highly recommended by a number of people, not least our own Horridus. :)

Libraraptor

Ignored the warning in red for I have some new book acquisitions I´d like to share. Here are two masterpieces by Steve Palin. Not directly about dinosaurs, but great art in combination with some etymology stuff. Wonderful!

Don Glut´s New Dinosaur Dictionary. Some very funny and almost ridiculous drawings inside!
And a 50 or so year old German "Was ist Was" - issue, the book itself almost being prehistoric. The ancestor of the succesful "Was ist Was?" - books.

Libraraptor

Just ordered myself a copy of "All Yesterdays", with those strange animals inside. Fascinating thought, that not all dinosaurs were as slender as they´re being drawn nowadays. A friend of mine would always try to annoy me asking "Do you know if T.rex had 5m long fleshy antennas? You can´t disapprove it, can you?" I hope the new book will be fun to read. Has anyone got any experience with it?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 03, 2013, 06:06:58 PM
Just ordered myself a copy of "All Yesterdays", with those strange animals inside. Fascinating thought, that not all dinosaurs were as slender as they´re being drawn nowadays. A friend of mine would always try to annoy me asking "Do you know if T.rex had 5m long fleshy antennas? You can´t disapprove it, can you?" I hope the new book will be fun to read. Has anyone got any experience with it?
It's okay if you like wild speculation, I guess.

Libraraptor

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 03, 2013, 06:08:44 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on March 03, 2013, 06:06:58 PM
It's okay if you like wild speculation, I guess.

Got it! Like it! Fills a much needed gap! Unfourtunately it´s not really a book but a brochure :( And 30 or so Euros is a little too much i.m.o.

Libraraptor

Libraraptor

We all know selfies, but how about "shelfies"? Here are some from me:

Gwangi

Very cool. I love looking through peoples book collections and seeing what titles they have. I'll have to take a couple myself.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Gwangi on March 29, 2014, 02:38:11 AM
Very cool. I love looking through peoples book collections and seeing what titles they have. I'll have to take a couple myself.
That would be cool. Sometimes one accidently sees some bookshelves as a background for collections, which ist great as well, but I also love having my eyes stroll through other peoples´ shelves!

Katieraptor

The Dinosaur Heresies are a must read! :D

I also love Raptor Red. I've listened to it on cassette a long time ago, but I may finally have to track it down in book form.
What I love about Allosaurus is that it lived an extremely violent life that was rife with broken bones, cuts, scrapes, infections, sprains, and yet it just kept on truckin.

My Art

Gwangi

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 29, 2014, 08:04:43 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on March 29, 2014, 02:38:11 AM
That would be cool. Sometimes one accidently sees some bookshelves as a background for collections, which ist great as well, but I also love having my eyes stroll through other peoples´ shelves!

Glad to know I'm not the only one!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.