News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Libraraptor´s book collection

Started by Libraraptor, July 09, 2012, 08:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Postosuchus84

PT definitely has a lot of interesting articles to pick through. Some nice science stuff too. Definitely highly recommended!

Also, Dinosaur Mailing List is good for a read and subscription to if you're more in-line with the scientifically minded crowd.

Libraraptor

By now I managed to collect 18 back issues of Prehistoric Times and one virtual issue. I don´t regret getting these and to me they are set books.

Libraraptor

For Christmas I got two great new books: This one:

https://www.amazon.de/Walking-Whales-Water-Eight-Million/dp/0520277066/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1483649019&sr=8-1&keywords=walking+whales

Walking whales by "Hans" Thewissen and this one:

https://www.amazon.de/Sauropod-Dinosaurs-Life-Age-Giants/dp/1421420287/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1483649139&sr=8-1&keywords=sauropod+dinosaurs

"The Sauropod Dinosaurs" by Mark Hallett and Mathew J. Wedel

Very nice books indeed, jewels in every collection.
In "Walking Whales" I admire Thewissen for his patience in searching fossils in crisis-ridden regions of the world. His vivid writing has the whales resurrect right before my eyes.
The sauropod book is lavishly pictures by Hallet´s wonderful art, although I don´t always agree to his shrink-wrap heads.

Soopairik

Pretty good books you got there! Are we allowed to suggest books?

Libraraptor

Quote from: Soup on January 05, 2017, 08:53:32 PM
Pretty good books you got there! Are we allowed to suggest books?

Of course, go ahead! Book suggestions are always welcome!

Soopairik

Libraraptor

Due to that Photobucket thing I'll be posting new book pictures tomorrow and from there occasionally.

Katieraptor

Quote from: Libraraptor on August 12, 2017, 12:13:55 AM
Due to that Photobucket thing I'll be posting new book pictures tomorrow and from there occasionally.

Yay! Can't wait to see what you've got!
What I love about Allosaurus is that it lived an extremely violent life that was rife with broken bones, cuts, scrapes, infections, sprains, and yet it just kept on truckin.

My Art

Libraraptor

These three books deal,  each in its own way,  with the crossings between palaeontology,  art and culture.  I appreciate them very much.  Questions welcome!

Libraraptor

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 17, 2018, 11:57:36 AM

These three books deal,  each in its own way,  with the crossings between dinosaur palaeontology,  art and culture.  I appreciate them very much.  Questions welcome!

Theropodavid

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 17, 2018, 11:57:36 AM

These three books deal,  each in its own way,  with the crossings between palaeontology,  art and culture.  I appreciate them very much.  Questions welcome!

Would you give me some information about Dinosaur Imagery?
Want to buy it soon.

Libraraptor

Theropodavid, I highly recommend "Dinosaur Imagery". It has often been misunderstood and earned some bad Reviews due to the fact that the cover and the title evoke wrong expectations. What People think at first is "Dinosaur Imagery" is a high class cofeetable book with many colorful pages, reconstructing the Evolution of paleo Pictures vividly with good Pictures. This is the direction of "Paleoart" by the Taschen Verlag. "Dinosaur Imagery" is an eclectic Essay Collection without a central thesis (as in "The Last Dinosaur Book) or recurrent theme. It has 36 chapters and a great Bibliography.
The paper Quality is not good and the Pictures are all in b/w. I got it as a bargain for nine or so Euros. But I´d happily had paid up to 30 Euros for it.

PhilSauria

Dinosaur Imagery has been on my shelf for a while and I don't recall paying too much for it at the time, It is in good condition - I'm quite happy with this one and pleased to have it. A recommendation from me as well.

Theropodavid

Thanks for the recommendation of Dinosaur Imagery, I finally bought one ^-^

Libraraptor

Quote from: Theropodavid on March 17, 2018, 06:04:01 PM
Thanks for the recommendation of Dinosaur Imagery, I finally bought one ^-^

What do you think?

HD-man

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 25, 2018, 06:23:00 PMTheropodavid, I highly recommend "Dinosaur Imagery". It has often been misunderstood and earned some bad Reviews due to the fact that the cover and the title evoke wrong expectations. What People think at first is "Dinosaur Imagery" is a high class cofeetable book with many colorful pages, reconstructing the Evolution of paleo Pictures vividly with good Pictures. This is the direction of "Paleoart" by the Taschen Verlag. "Dinosaur Imagery" is an eclectic Essay Collection without a central thesis (as in "The Last Dinosaur Book) or recurrent theme. It has 36 chapters and a great Bibliography.
The paper Quality is not good and the Pictures are all in b/w.

Based on that last bit, I think you're describing Paleoimagery, not Dinosaur Imagery. The latter is definitely good quality paper & all color pictures.
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Libraraptor

Oh yes of course! Sorry!
So it is possible we are talking about two different books!?

Libraraptor

I think this one will be a good read.

Lanthanotus

Interesting title and cover... I just received the right figure matching that cover :)

Libraraptor

Quote from: Lanthanotus on June 22, 2018, 01:19:43 PM
Interesting title and cover... I just received the right figure matching that cover :)

Ah I see :)) Good old Kleinwelka Parasaurolophus!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.