News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Libraraptor´s book collection

Started by Libraraptor, July 09, 2012, 08:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

I heard Lacovara give a public lecture in London last year at the Natural History Museum here in London.  He was a very entertaining speaker with a natural gift for bringing things alive for the audience.

Libraraptor

You were very lucky!

Theropodavid, Dinosaur Imagery is about the collection of John Lanzendorf who is well known as a collector of palaeoart as paintings and sculptures.  The book shows various pieces from the collection and how they are being displayed in an apartement especially reserved for the collection . A high class coffeetable book!

ceratopsian

Quote from: Libraraptor on June 23, 2018, 02:08:06 PM
You were very lucky!

It was slightly weird, as advertised as a "technical" lecture.  I almost didn't book.  But it wasn't technical in the least.  Although it was free, it wasn't full.  I think the advert had discouraged people!

Theropodavid

Quote from: Libraraptor on June 23, 2018, 02:08:06 PM
You were very lucky!

Theropodavid, Dinosaur Imagery is about the collection of John Lanzendorf who is well known as a collector of palaeoart as paintings and sculptures.  The book shows various pieces from the collection and how they are being displayed in an apartement especially reserved for the collection . A high class coffeetable book!

I highly recommend it to everyone :)
Found some artwork in it I saw the last time when I was like 8 years old (at www.dinosauricon.com. Anyone remembers the site? It was amazing at this time!)
Like John Lanzendorf I am huge fan of Michael Skrepnicks artwork so Dinosaur Imagery was a must have.

Libraraptor

Found this little book on eBay and bought it. I already  have their book telling the story of Rhopa,  the Deinonychus. Did not know there is one about a Nothosaurus.

CityRaptor

Can't see it.  But if it is the one I think it is, there are atleast 4 such books: Deinonychus, Nothosaurus, Pterodactylus and Brontosaurus. There is also a collected volume:
https://www.amazon.de/Das-Super-Saurier-Abenteuerbuch-Fleischfresser-Pflanzenfresser-Schwimmer/dp/3821212985

And artwork from the series was re-used in another book:
https://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/2012/10/vintage-dinosaur-art-complete-book-of.html
https://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/2012/11/vintage-dinosaur-art-complete-book-of.html
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Libraraptor

Wait,  Why can't you see the picture? Did I do something wrong?

CityRaptor

It says "Image not found or was removed".
Oh no

Libraraptor

Quote from: CityRaptor on August 26, 2018, 10:44:13 AM

Maybe I am the only one who can See it ?

ceratopsian

I too am getting the Not found or removed message.

Quote from: Libraraptor on August 26, 2018, 11:38:21 AM
Quote from: CityRaptor on August 26, 2018, 10:44:13 AM

Maybe I am the only one who can See it ?

Libraraptor

I just ordered myself these four books. They were very cheap but I do not know any of them! Does anybody know anything about them?

1    Evolution and Palaeobiology of Early Sauropodomorph Dinosaurs (Special Papers in Palaeontology)
1    Dinosaurs (Home Reference Library)
1    Es begann am Jura- Meer. Die faszinierende Stammesgeschichte der Vögel Alan Feduccia
1    Saurierzeit. Die Grosstierwelt des Mesozoikums. Ein Blick auf 160 Millionen Jahre Evolution

CityRaptor

Not sure about the others, but Feduccia is basically leader of the BANDits. Creationists also love to take his words out of context.
Oh no

Libraraptor

I decided to occasionally revive this thread a little . Bought the above book because of this insights and review: https://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/2012/05/vintage-dinosaur-art-prehistoric.html?m=1

Libraraptor

Ordered myself a copy of Zoe Lescaze's book "Paleoart " today.  Does anyone know this book?

Lanthanotus

Yes, good choice....I got it for a birthday gift zwo or three years ago. Never would have bought it myself I guess, cause of izs massiveness and according price. Also it naturally views paleoart more from the art and history side than the paleontological side. But it's never the less captivating and the picture selection and the prints are top notch, so the impressive cover does not betray the rest. Have fun reading through it :)

Libraraptor

Quote from: Lanthanotus on December 09, 2019, 08:17:42 AM
Yes, good choice....I got it for a birthday gift zwo or three years ago. Never would have bought it myself I guess, cause of izs massiveness and according price. Also it naturally views paleoart more from the art and history side than the paleontological side. But it's never the less captivating and the picture selection and the prints are top notch, so the impressive cover does not betray the rest. Have fun reading through it :)

Alright,  thanks for the detailed answer,  I am looking forward to receiving it and seeing it in person.

Libraraptor

Halichoeres

That looks like a wonderful book! I've reluctantly passed it up a couple of times so far.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 28, 2019, 02:51:56 PM
That looks like a wonderful book! I've reluctantly passed it up a couple of times so far.

Why?

Halichoeres

Quote from: Libraraptor on December 29, 2019, 08:11:38 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on December 28, 2019, 02:51:56 PM

Why?

Just because it was out of my budget.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.