News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd 2018 hopes and dreams

Started by Reptilia, August 25, 2017, 11:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reptilia

Since the Carnegie line is over we can expect a substantial lot again, I believe.

John

Quote from: Reptilia on August 25, 2017, 11:21:45 PM
Since the Carnegie line is over we can expect a substantial lot again, I believe.
I wouldn't mind that at all.I would like to see more things that were once part of the Carnegie Collection turn up again alongside the new prehistoric mammals.
I wonder how a new Ankylosaurus would turn out,or maybe a new Pteranodon?
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

suspsy

As much as I'd love a new Ankylosaurus, I think Stegosaurus deserves a new Safari toy more.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Takama

A LOT of Dinosaurs Deserve a new toy from Safari

There

Dilophosaurus
Allosaurus
Triceratops
Edmontosaurus
As well as Stegosaurus

John

Quote from: suspsy on August 26, 2017, 05:17:21 AM
As much as I'd love a new Ankylosaurus, I think Stegosaurus deserves a new Safari toy more.
Unfortunately,the current Stegosaurus model in the Wild Safari line is already a remake,and a third version of anything not named Tyrannosaurus rex seems unlikely to me...

But when it comes to a dinosaur as iconic as Stegosaurus,I can never say never.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Joey

Theres also lots of dinosaurs that Safari didn't make yet, that would be very cool like:
Shantungosaurus
Rugops
Majungosaurus
Rebbachisaurus
And A LOT more.

Daspletotyrannus

https://youtu.be/-c_pEGxIEEI

I saw the Mastodon in their YouTube video.  And when it went to Asia something looks like the Hyaenodon from Walking with Prehistoric Beast. I don't think I saw any Dinosaurs.

Cephalopod

I think there is a dinosaur in europe. Possibly balaur?
Ink ink ink, cephalopods don't stink... so does their ink. I think.

SpartanSquat

I think I saw a Hyaenodon in the 00:30

Neosodon

Quote from: RolandEden on August 26, 2017, 11:35:43 AM
I think I saw a Hyaenodon in the 00:30
That would mean another mammal. I have a feeling they might to skimp on the dinosaur department this year. :(

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

stargatedalek

Africa
-Brown animal (pygmy hippo?).
-Peregrine Falcon (in Africa?!).
-Scorpion.

Asia
-White animal (horse?).
-Siamese cats.
-Dragon.
-Babirusa.
-Brown and black striped mammal, Hyaenodon as already guessed is possible.

Australia
-I think two different whale figures? One in the foreground looks like a humpback but some of the others seem to have shorter heads.
-Frog-fish.
-Red kangaroo.

Europe
-Legally safe Smurf knockoff.
-Brown bird with blue wings, could definitely be Balaur.
-Horse.
-One black and one white sheep, seem to be the same mold.
-A flat-faced dog of some sort, maybe mastiff.

South America
-Dragon?
-A large rorqual, not a humpback and not the same as the earlier whales.
-Jaguar.

North America
-Dragon?
-Spiny Lobster (does America have spiny lobsters?).
-A bunch of people standing around.
-Purple slug monster? Probably an owl.
-White animal sitting upright, probably a prairie dog, maybe burrowing owl.
-Muskox.
-Mastodon
-Jackrabbit

Jose S.M.

There might more figures than the ones shown in the teaser, stargatealek's lists are 27 or 28 if the whales in Australia are different species, last year there were far more new figures between the fantasy, prehistoric and extant series

John

There were no hints in the video of either the new puma that looks like it's part of the Wildlife Wonders line or the Daeodon,so there are certainly more new models than are hinted at in that video. :)

ZoPteryx

I don't see any dinosaurs in this, I think that the "Balaur" is actually a Harpy bird-women.

Otherwise, I agree with Stargatedalek's list, with the addition that the Prairie dog/Burrowing Owl is probably a Woodchuck.  Here's hoping that spiny lobster is actually some crazy Paleozoic invertebrate, an eurypterid maybe?

Reptilia

There must be more figures in the collection, so I'm a bit disappointed with this teaser, at least the pictures could have been clear instead of blurry. This way is not a proper teaser, more like a joke.

Joey

Quote from: Reptilia on August 26, 2017, 08:19:21 PM
There must be more figures in the collection, so I'm a bit disappointed with this teaser, at least the pictures could have been clear instead of blurry. This way is not a proper teaser, more like a joke.

I agree  :( :'(

Neosodon

If I was making the teaser I would would have made a word puzzle that you could do to figure out what the species is. For example dinosaur - Kosnyaurslau. Then you could try to unscramble the letters to figure out what the species is.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

John

Quote from: Reptilia on August 26, 2017, 08:19:21 PM
I'll bet you miss those silhouettes now,don't you? >:D

terrorchicken

other than the mastodon I think they are playing it a bit too safe with the prehistoric mammals theyve chosen. Daeodon has been done by 2-3 other companies and hyenodon has as well, and with the same stripe markings as WWPB. I was hoping theyd give us a thylacosmilus or bear-dog. Then again its their first try at extinct mammals in a while so i guess they want to release mammals that have already worked for other companies as figures in the past.

btw these guys are such teases>:D

Reptilia

I trust in full leaks like in Schleich's case.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.