News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Kaiyodo New for 2017

Started by postsaurischian, August 13, 2017, 05:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Another Tyrannosaurus skeleton

from this series:

CityRaptor

Looks like this one includes the gastralia, making it "beefier" than the previous ones.

So the rest of the series includes a Sakura (?) tree, The Thinker, a box with food, a train, a Shakkoudoga, a panda and a giant school girl...any theme to that?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

I'll give this one a pass, though I like the idea of this set. I just prefer fully prehistoric themed sets.

terrorchicken

I thought it was a "Culture of Japan" themed set but the Thinker statue and the T-rex dont seem to fit, and pandas are more associated with China. What a random set of figures.

stargatedalek

Quote from: terrorchicken on August 13, 2017, 11:54:52 PM
I thought it was a "Culture of Japan" themed set but the Thinker statue and the T-rex dont seem to fit, and pandas are more associated with China. What a random set of figures.
IIRC The Tyrannosaurus is a particular specimen specifically, so it could represent a specific event or exhibition.

Flaffy

This set represents the district in Tokyo called Ueno, they have a huge park in the district called the Ueno Imperial Park.
They have various different museums, a few of which are art museums and natural history museums, which explains the Thinker statue and the Tyrannosaurus skeleton.
They also have a zoo there, which houses a few pandas, therefore explaining the panda figure.

terrorchicken

^ah that explains it then, thanks!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.