News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

PNSO Essien the Spinosaurus 1/35 Scientific Art Model

Started by MesozoicJohn, December 23, 2021, 07:02:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MesozoicJohn

I have both of PNSO's Essien the Spinosaurus models because in my display, I wanted to show how our, or more to the point, Paleontologists/Paleo artists ideas change regarding how various Dinosaurs looked when alive. Also I liked both models so needed an excuse, any excuse, to buy them both.  ;D

The 1/35 (i think closer to 1/30) Essien sure is attention grabbing, he will be going on the long display table next to the fossilized Spinosaurus teeth I have. I may do a repaint on his throat and make it a washed out orange/red colour but still undecided about that. For now I am fixing and filling the jaw so it blends in with the neck and throat.

John :)

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

JohannesB

Lanthanotus

Quote from: BlueKrono on December 23, 2021, 12:28:02 PM
avatar_MesozoicJohn @MesozoicJohn Is there more than one Essien?

Yes, there`s this one aswell

While I personally like the option to move jaws and so change the look of my figures, I understand why some collectors tend to fix it in place and fill gaps. Looking good so far avatar_MesozoicJohn @MesozoicJohn, keen to see the finished piece too :)

MesozoicJohn

All finished now, I hope you like him. I wanted to give the model a little lift, nothing major so..........

I gave his meal a coat of 50/50 mix Gloss and Matt varnish to give it a wet fish look.

His claws were painted in Skeleton Bone then give a wash of Agrax Earth Shade.

Head crest was repainted.

I went for a subdued red around his throat area and also toned down the high lighting on the rib cage.

John :)

Shonisaurus

It has been great, I see that it is a work of art, but in your case repainting and giving a new look to the spinosaurus Essen from PNSO has taken you very few hours. It is a masterpiece.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.