News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mirificus Studios Poll: Top Sauropodomorph?

Started by ZoPteryx, September 10, 2017, 06:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which sauropodomorph would you like to see added to the Mirificus Studios line of figures?  Please choose three (3).

Eoraptor lunensis (small Late Triassic probable basal sauropodomorph from Argentina)
Pantydraco caducus (small Late Triassic basal sauropodomorph from the UK)
Jingshanosaurus xinwaensis (large bipedal "prosauropod" from Early Jurassic China)
Massospondylus carinatus (medium sized "prosauropod" from Early Jurassic South Africa)
Riojasaurus incertus (large "prosauropod" from Late Triassic Argentina with robust arms)
Gongxianosaurus shibeiensis (medium sized basal sauropod from Early Jurassic China)
Spinophorosaurus nigerensis (medium sized spike-tailed basal sauropod from Middle Jurassic Niger)
Omeisaurus tianfuensis (large club-tailed mamenchisaur from Middle Jurassic China)
Brachytrachelopan mesai (small short-necked sauropod from Late Jurassic Argentina)
Dicraeosaurus hansemanni (medium-sized ridge-backed sauropod from Late Jurassic Tanzania)
Brontosaurus excelsus (large robust diplodocid from the Late Jurassic USA)
Atlasaurus imelakei (medium sized long-armed sauropod from Middle Jurassic Morocco)
Brachiosaurus altithorax (classic ultra tall sauropod from the Late Jurassic USA)
Isisaurus colberti (medium sized thick-necked titanosaur from Late Cretaceous India)
Malawisaurus dixeyi (medium-sized boxy-skulled titanosaur from Early Cretaceous Malawi)
Alamosaurus sanjuanensis (giant titanosaur from the Late Cretaceous USA)
Rapetosaurus krausei (medium sized titanosaur from Late Cretaceous Madagascar)
Nemegtosaurus mongoliensis (medium sized short-legged titanosaur from Late Cretaceous Mongolia)
Dreadnoughtus schrani (gigantic advanced titanosaur from Late Cretaceous Argentina)

ZoPteryx

I hope to use this poll, and others like it, to gauge what types of creatures folks would like to see made for my (hopefully one day available) Mirificus Studios line of figures.  Keep in mind larger species will be made at 1:40 scale, and those smaller than 6 meters/20 feet in life will likely be made at larger scales (1:20, 1:6, 1:2, etc.).  If you want a species not listed here, please write your suggestion in the comments.

Have fun voting!  :D

Halichoeres

Curious why Omeisaurus is in quotes...is it being revised or otherwise invalidated?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sim

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 10, 2017, 03:50:10 PM
Curious why Omeisaurus is in quotes...is it being revised or otherwise invalidated?

I'm curious about that too.  Reviewing The Princeton Field Guide to Dinosaurs, Mickey Mortimer comments that Gregory Paul said tianfuensis is "too different" to be a species of Omeisaurus, but that his reasoning is ambiguous: http://theropoddatabase.blogspot.co.uk/2010/10/princeton-field-guide-to-dinosaurs_08.html

Outside of Gregory Paul's opinion though, I've always seen tianfuensis classified as a species of Omeisaurus.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Sim on September 10, 2017, 07:10:56 PM

I'm curious about that too.  Reviewing The Princeton Field Guide to Dinosaurs, Mickey Mortimer comments that Gregory Paul said tianfuensis is "too different" to be a species of Omeisaurus, but that his reasoning is ambiguous: http://theropoddatabase.blogspot.co.uk/2010/10/princeton-field-guide-to-dinosaurs_08.html

Outside of Gregory Paul's opinion though, I've always seen tianfuensis classified as a species of Omeisaurus.

Interesting to see Paul wanting to split a genus in two; it seems his usual impulse is in the other direction.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Sim on September 10, 2017, 07:10:56 PM

That's exactly the reason.  Should've known better than to blindly trust GSP...  ::)  Fixed.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.