News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mirificus Studios WIPs, by ZoPteryx (Scutellosaurus Update)

Started by ZoPteryx, April 26, 2017, 07:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danmalcolm

I love it. What are the dimensions? Will it be available any time soon? Best lambeo I've seen.

Jose S.M.

Tyto_Theropod

I already have a wishlist longer than <i>Amphicoelas fragillimus</i>! Y U do dis to me ZoPteryx?! (In other words, I like it...)
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

ZoPteryx

Glad everyone likes it!  :))

Sorry for the lack of activity, I've been moving and without proper internet.

Quote from: Takama on May 27, 2017, 02:34:46 AM
My God, that Critter is amazing.    I would love to see what eles you have in the pipeline (though now im tempted to commission you to do somthing lol)

So will it have a Base? or is it going to be free standing?

I suppose I can reveal what's next.  ;)  It's the spiky little ornithischian Scutellosaurus, the southern plesiosaur Aristonectes, and the "winged shark" Rainerichthys.

The Lambeo will be freestanding, as will most figures that can stand unassisted.  But I do have some interesting stands in mind for the flyers and swimmers.  Still considering options for the bipeds.

Quote from: danmalcolm on May 27, 2017, 02:54:53 AM
I love it. What are the dimensions? Will it be available any time soon? Best lambeo I've seen.

Measured in a straight line, it's 25 cm long and 10 cm tall at the hips.

I hope to have this one and a few more available late this year or early next year.

Takama

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Takama on June 10, 2017, 02:38:49 AM
Scutellosaurus at 1:40?

Oops, should've mentioned the scales!  The Scutellosaurus will be 1:6, the Aristonectes will be 1:40, and the Rainerichthys will be 1:1.

I'm going with 1:40 as my standard scale and then go up from there.  Most smallish "around human-sized" creatures will be 1:6, but size permitting, may be 1:2 or 1:1.  For mammals, 1:20 will probably be used regularly.

Tomorrow I will reveal the color scheme for the standard Lambeosaurus and you can all start posting suggestions for the "fan's choice" color scheme.  :)

ZoPteryx

A day late, but here is what the standard color scheme for the Lambeosaurus will look like, based on certain breeds of zebu cattle.

While I work on the next models (armatures in progress), I'd like to know your suggestions for the fan's choice Lambeosaurus color scheme!  Post your suggestions below or PM me.  Please include a photo or illustration of a modern animal or piece of paleoart you'd like to see emulated on the Lambeosaurus.  A detailed description works too.  You can submit up to three (3) entries.  Keep in mind I may opt to change certain details, especially if based on preexisting paleoart.  I'll make a mock-up of the color schemes on the Lambeosaurus and then put them to a vote at the end of the year.

I look forward to your suggestions!  :D

Jose S.M.

I like your Standard color choice, black is not used often in hadrosaurs. I put a little black in my latest sculpt, of course mine is amateur compared to your Lambeo hehehe..

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on June 30, 2017, 02:34:58 AM
I like your Standard color choice, black is not used often in hadrosaurs. I put a little black in my latest sculpt, of course mine is amateur compared to your Lambeo hehehe..

Black is indeed an underrepresented color in paleoart.  Don't sell yourself short, your sculpts are quite good!  :)

Kaprosaurus

I'd like a light red on the body,then large black stripes on the back with yellow spots with a beige or cream clored underbelly.You could also make the red faint into brown then into beige.Sorry if I described it poorly.

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Kaprosaurus on July 04, 2017, 09:45:47 AM
I'd like a light red on the body,then large black stripes on the back with yellow spots with a beige or cream clored underbelly.You could also make the red faint into brown then into beige.Sorry if I described it poorly.

That sounds cool!  I'll add it to the entries.  So would the crest just be all red or does it have stripes too?

Kaprosaurus

Depends.But i'd like red with a black line on top.It's your choice if you ever choose this.

ZoPteryx

Here's a look at the very beginnings of the 1:6 Scutellosaurus model.  :)

Also reposted the images on the previous page that got photobucked.  And keep the Lambeosaurus color scheme suggestions coming!  :D

ZoPteryx

Update

1:6 Scutellosaurus lawleri, now about 75% completed.

Next will come arms, shoulders, eyelids, and feet.  Then it's on to all that armor...

spinosaurus1

Jose S.M.

ZoPteryx

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on July 12, 2017, 09:42:04 PM
it's looking great thus far.
Quote from: Jose_S.M. on July 12, 2017, 11:48:47 PM
Nice! i cant' wait to see it finished.

Thanks guys!  ^-^  Just need to finish the armor plating...  So. Much. Armor...

Daspletotyrannus

Has anymore work been done on the Scutellosaurus? Oh and I just love the Lambeosaurus magnicristatus.  It my favorite Lambeosaurus.

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Daspletotyrannus on September 13, 2017, 06:27:07 AM
Has anymore work been done on the Scutellosaurus? Oh and I just love the Lambeosaurus magnicristatus.  It my favorite Lambeosaurus.

The Scutello is nearly finished, just a few more rows of armor to go!  It would be done now, but my work table broke when I moved last month.  Glad you like the Lambeo!  :)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.