News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

"Jurassic Clash" dinosaur action figures by Lanard

Started by Roselaar, September 19, 2017, 04:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Anyone heard of this new line of dinosaur action figures? It's kinda like a mix between G.I.Joe and Dino Riders, but the dinosaurs don't look half bad. So far, these seem limited to the UK, but hopefully they'll see a wider release soon.

There's also a smaller Raptor and Smilodon figure.

SpartanSquat

That gorilla from the background looks like his Kong. And the thicc pliosaur looks like the green aquatic reptile form Ice Age 2

Halichoeres

They are reminiscent of Chap Mei, but they do look like new sculpts. And somewhat higher quality.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

X

These have such a nostalgic feel to them for me. Can't wait to see what comes out from them next.

sauroid

the Trike looks cool and the "liopleurodon" looks so much like the old Chapmei figure.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

ncreighton

Do you have any links to purchase any of these sets? I'm in the US I see you said they are only UK but hopefully I can them shipped to US??? Thanks
http://howmucharehoverboards.net #1 Trusted Source For Honest & Accurate Hoverboard Reviews & Hoverboard News.

Roselaar

Quote from: ncreighton on October 04, 2017, 01:17:39 AM
Do you have any links to purchase any of these sets? I'm in the US I see you said they are only UK but hopefully I can them shipped to US??? Thanks

Unfortunately no. I'm still looking for online sales as well. It seems these just haven't found a wide release yet.

Brontozaurus

I found two of these in a random toy shop, a raptor and a sabre-tooth. The raptor is your usual JP thing, the sabre-tooth is actually pretty decent, but both have really nice sculpts. The humans figures are pretty good too, way more articulation than I was expecting (though one has a scarf that restricts his head turning).

Also there's an actual story on the back of the box about how these guys are from a future where dinosaurs got resurrected but a supercomputer took over the world and now there's the resistance vs mind-controlled humans. It's amazing, I love that someone put this much thought into a blurb for a toyline that's not associated with a cartoon or anything.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Roselaar

Quote from: Brontozaurus on October 05, 2017, 12:01:38 PM

Also there's an actual story on the back of the box about how these guys are from a future where dinosaurs got resurrected but a supercomputer took over the world and now there's the resistance vs mind-controlled humans.

Now that sounds like a real concept to base a nice dinosaur action figure line around! Brings me back to the days of Dino Riders and such fare.

In what country and store did you find these, dare I ask?

stargatedalek

CityRaptor

Yeah, the Gorilla looks very cartoony. It's especially jarring given that the same company also made the Skull Island toys.

Two very different giant apes.

But then again, it and the Smilodon are the sets I have no interest in at all.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Reptilia

The saber-toothed cat is nice. And the raptor's kinda decent for JP standards, sure better than any Kenner or Hasbro.

CityRaptor

Better than Kenner? NO!  Better than Hasbro? Yes.
Oh no

Bowhead Whale

They kinda remind me of old TYCO's Dinoriders in their concept...

tanystropheus

Joey

sauroid

i want all of them! i hope they become available in the major toy stores.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CityRaptor

Reviving this thread after nearly a year, turns out there is more:

Oh no

terrorchicken

^terror chocobo  8)
is that other thing supposed to be a dimetrodon?

stargatedalek

Wow! I absolutely need to find that terror bird!

*edit*
Checking Ebay, it seems there is also a Kentrosaurus, small pachycephalosaur, small pterosaur, and a... tiger shark?

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.