News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Papo: New for 2018

Started by Reptilia, September 26, 2017, 12:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reptilia

New 2018 items by Papo:

Acrocanthosaurus (55062)

Young Spinosaurus (55065)

Therizinosaurus (55069)

Amargasaurus (55070)

Iguanodon (55071)

Compsognathus (55072)

Quetzalcoatlus (55073)

Info on retirements:

https://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2017/09/19/new-papo-and-prehistoric-animal-model-retirements.html

https://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2017/12/07/papo-acrocanthosaurus-model-retired.html

https://animalkingdoms.co.nz/pages/papo-retiring-2018

SpartanSquat

Who confirmed the retired ones?

Reptilia

Everything Dinosaur in one of their blog posts.

oscars_dinos

I find it odd that there getting rid of the pachy I thought it was a great little figure. And I really hope the spoon is a 2018 release the completionst in me needs it to be....

dragon53

What are the rumored Papo releases for 2018?

Reptilia

Giganotosaurus and Iguanodon aside, which are suggestions that have been circulating for a couple of years now, there's no rumour on what Papo will release next year.

dragon53

REPTILIA:

Thanks for the info. I would buy A Gigiganotosaurus and an Iguanodon, but I hope they don't have a "rainbow" paint scheme like the Papo Acrocanthosaurus or the Baryonyx. I prefer the more conventional paint schemes like the Papo Allosaurus and Carnotaurus. I also wish Papo would go back to the matte finish---the glossy finish gives the dinosaurs a toy-like appearance.

Reptilia

Agree on everything, dragon53.

PhilSauria

I'd also agree with dragon53. The only proviso for me would be (and also on my wish list) is a move away from the awkward and unnatural poses - such as the crazy lunging stances for the Baryonyx and new Dimorphodon. Just look at how impressive the Safari Giganotosaurus looks, striding along with a slight turn to the head, and of course the obligatory open mouth that all therapod figures must have!

tanystropheus

Quote from: Reptilia on September 26, 2017, 01:41:30 PM
Giganotosaurus and Iguanodon aside, which are suggestions that have been circulating for a couple of years now, there's no rumour on what Papo will release next year.

I thought Koreaceratops was mentioned at one point....I can't quite remember.

tanystropheus

Quote from: PhilSauria on September 27, 2017, 01:48:39 AM
I'd also agree with dragon53. The only proviso for me would be (and also on my wish list) is a move away from the awkward and unnatural poses - such as the crazy lunging stances for the Baryonyx and new Dimorphodon. Just look at how impressive the Safari Giganotosaurus looks, striding along with a slight turn to the head, and of course the obligatory open mouth that all therapod figures must have!

I actually like these frozen-in-time action poses but since Papo generally makes one model per species, perhaps it would be best for them to make something more neutral.

PhilSauria

Fair enough Tanystropheus, just stating my preference here. Clearly there is room for any number of treatments in the recreations of these animals.

Reptilia

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 27, 2017, 03:39:40 AM
I thought Koreaceratops was mentioned at one point....I can't quite remember.

I think it was just something that was suggested in a kind of poll on the Papo Korea blog, which explains why that particular genus. Never a real chance though, I suppose.

Acro's comics

I'd love them to release a Gignatosaurus, Iguanodon and an Argentinasaurus, soley so that I have decent models to use to produce a South American special of my comic.

:D

Shonisaurus

I understand that this year is going to be the year of giganotosaurus and iguanodon by Papo. As for Collecta I imagine that it will make a giganotosaurus but this year in the next.  :)

The koreaceratops although it is an animal represented by the company Collecta for me would be welcome. In fact it remains an unprecedented creature in toy animal collecting.  :P ^-^

dragon53

Any idea when Papo will formally announce the new releases for 2018?

Takama

Quote from: dragon53 on October 12, 2017, 11:28:24 PM
Any idea when Papo will formally announce the new releases for 2018?

We usualy dont know until December or November

Irritation

Maybe not this year, but on day perhaps Papo will make a Stygimoloch. I would really love to see Giganotosaurus and Iguanodon. Koreaceratops is an odd choice for Papo to make, but might turn out decent.

Reptilia

Bear in mind that the same guesses were circulating last year, and then we had stuff like Polacanthus, Ceratosaurus and Cryolophosaurus totally out of the blue. I think Giganotosaurus must happen, sooner or later, we know Papo's fascination with big bad theropods, but I wouldn't hold my breath for the Iguanodon, for example. We'll see in a couple of months though.

Archosauria

I hope Papo makes a feathered Oviraptor one year, kinda like what they did with their Velociraptor.

However, I don't see that happening for awhile, as they just released a repainted version of the original one.
"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the earth, but they are alive and well in our imaginations"

-Steve Miller

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.